Players which make you cringe every time they get the ball?

Remove this Banner Ad

timmy clarke, for me. whenever he gets it the opposition just run to within a 30m radius and he hasn't got the penetration to break it, so it's almost a guaranteed turnover.

it used to be joel smith and jon hay. they were such momentum stoppers... :thumbsdown:

Schammer
Peake
Tarrant
Fletcher
Rosa
Nicoski

Tarrant's field kicking is actually very good - he is one of the best for delivering it to the forwards, it's just his goal-kicking is a little off sometimes. You should add Priddis to that list - I don't think even he knows where the ball is going to go sometimes.

Tarrant's field kicking is actually very good - he is one of the best for delivering it to the forwards, it's just his goal-kicking is a little off sometimes. You should add Priddis to that list - I don't think even he knows where the ball is going to go sometimes.

Fair enough on both counts.

However, at least Priddis gets it in congested, contested situations, the others I listed, bar perhaps Schammer, are pretty outside and free of pressure.

Fair enough on both counts.

However, at least Priddis gets it in congested, contested situations, the others I listed, bar perhaps Schammer, are pretty outside and free of pressure.

Yeah, Schammer is not great, but he has improved. Peake is just awful. Hopefully the only time he gets the ball next year is playing for Easts.

Rowan Jones used to be the KING of this thread.

Now for the Eagles it would probably be Mark Nicoski or Beau Waters.

Agree 100%. While RoJo was better than some (including myself) gave him credit for, he had a lot of stupid moments. Coupled with his running style that honestly looks like he's running on the spot, it was infuriating! He would've been an olympic sprinter if he ran forward instead of up and down. You used to see this flurry of legs working overtime and he wouldn't get anywhere.

Nicoski definately had the deer in the headlights look at the start of the season too but he got a bit better towards the end. I like Waters cos he's a gutsy player but some of his kicks are absolutely atrocious!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just thinking that the Swans need another one of those players. NExt year the Swans will have Leo Barry, Martin Mattner and Rhyce Shaw. Im not sure how my heart is going to survive the season because having multiple heart attacks each game cant be healthy.

Reading this post brought back the memory of when Everyone booed when the announcment of the kick2kick at the end of the game was cancelled after the swans trainer died in that huge comeback of the kangaroos over the swans. Next day i felt bad after i had been one of those booing.

For a while mid season Stephen Gilham was getting my heart in my mouth a few times.
Agreed, but by the end of the year his decison making and disposal were first class and now im confident when he has it he will do something constructive with it.

Cain Ackland wins hands down....but he wont get a mention on a technicallity....you actually have to pick the ball up before you stumble all over it.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back