Opinion [POLL] If Eade was interested would he be your preferred candidate?

Is Rodney Eade best person for Coach of the Western Bulldogs out of the potential applicants?

• Yes

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • No, there are better people to lead our club

Votes: 76 76.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
West Ham
lastest mail***************************
a friend who is an old social club member and business associate of two current board members sent me a message which to be honest was a little muddled

"monty in 2015
unless TB trade happens(unlikely)
then eade
hes been on phone with Gordo"

hope hes not trolling me
(u can regret what happened in the past but u cant seriously go back)

Assuming this is true about Eade being a possibility for a return to coaching, would he be your preferred coach out of the current pool of potential applicants?

Not preffered no. But i wouldn't be baying for blood if he did get the job, purely because i believe he is a good coach, he has a few flaws however if he gets the job and the dogs will have to hire assistants to make up for those.

Aside from more media flogs saying we are a shambles (this will hit fever pitch if we rehire an ex-coach whose contract wasn't renewed), I wouldn't be against Rocket coming back.

Maybe , but with our young group I think someone closer in age to their generation might be a better fit.

??????????
Introducing 9 first gamers with a large injury toll

At least early in the season, he tried to emulate Collingwood's game plan of forward press and playing around the boundary, which everyone had worked out by then. Think he only started playing young players as the season wore on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good coach tactically and with a good team to implement it, but an average list manager. Not the right coach for where our list stands currently experience wise

closer to the grp age - older and experienced - gen x or y ?

all irrelevant

get someone who knows football
win games
and they will follow
remember we had 3 coachless years as far as game day goes
and while BMac, i dont know "developed the list" well
can i say that?
His Match day stuff starting from team selection and ending with the after the game presser were non-existant
so as long as we get someone who can coach
i doubt if we will have a problem

i have thought about it alot
we need a shrewd attacking coach
tutor seems ok, but my gut feel is the boys are chapping at the bit to get aggressive
and i dont think after 3 years we need a coach who will take his time due to inexperience to settle in
we need a coach who will channel the enthusiasm that has come from this cataclysmic list overhaul and hit the ground running
emphasis should be on the forward half
we need a Eade style coach
so i vote Eade
rather than Tudor who i place 2nd in choice
the reality is that if u get eade and after rd 10 u are 6-4 and playing aggressive attractive footbal
all deficientcies in eades personal and coaching skill set will become insignificant quirks in his behavior
all board level backflips will become cunning calculated manouvers
and ryan, cooney and the most putrid of the lot jones will be memories of a bygone era
all will be forgiven, remember this is footy!

closer to the grp age - older and experienced - gen x or y ?

all irrelevant

get someone who knows football
win games
and they will follow
remember we had 3 coachless years as far as game day goes
and while BMac, i dont know "developed the list" well
can i say that?
His Match day stuff starting from team selection and ending with the after the game presser were non-existant
so as long as we get someone who can coach
i doubt if we will have a problem

tutor seems ok, but my gut feel is the boys are chapping at the bit to get aggressive
and i dont think after 3 years we need a coach who will take his time due to inexperience to settle in
we need a coach who will channel the enthusiasm that has come from this cataclysmic list overhaul and hit the ground running
so i vote Eade
the reality is that if u get eade and after rd 10 u are 6-4 and playing aggressive attractive footbal
all deficientcies in eades personal and coaching skill set will become insignificant quirks in his behavior
and ryan, cooney and the most putrid of the lot jones will be memories of a bygone era
Id have Eade as coach and Tudor as assistant for a two year period to take over

Not unless we come out of this trade period with every position on the field filled by a future elite player and backups for every position on the ground.

All the apologists forgive his administration of terrible drafting and terrible player development but the truth is that with our list at the moment he could take us to the finals but would ruin our chances of making the GF or winning a flag.

And using the "drafting and player development are other peoples problems" argument is a nonsense. Everything is someone else's problem in the coaching team from the draft through the list management to the team selection and gameday tactics. There are assistants to cover all of the roles of a coach (on some teams the line coaches also cover the shouting and poking players in the chest) and the coach has to manage and ensure all of the activities are completed successfully and support them where they are failing.

Eade never mastered this during his time at the bulldogs and hasn't shown any indication that he understands it more during his mentoring of the slowly sinking Buckley.

David Parkin came back because he had been a premiership coach

Jezza came back as coach at Carlton, after being captain-coach of a flag side in 79, then going to Aints for a few years. But in the more recent past, not really. Well, Jeans had a break due to illness, and Joyce won the flag, then Jeans stepped back in.

Maybe the shortlist should be exclusively ex-Bulldogs coaches?
Eade, Wallace, Wheeler, Williams, and throw in Royal for the long-term assistant...

Jezza came back as coach at Carlton, after being captain-coach of a flag side in 79, then going to Aints for a few years. But in the more recent past, not really. Well, Jeans had a break due to illness, and Joyce won the flag, then Jeans stepped back in.

Maybe the shortlist should be exclusively ex-Bulldogs coaches?
Eade, Wallace, Wheeler, Williams, and throw in Royal for the long-term assistant...
It actually looks better than some of the other short lists presented

so i vote Eade

I'm with you on this.... lets take the shackles off and see what this baby can do.......pedal to the metal man... Who knows where it can take us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back