List Mgmt. Poll: If we get picks 2 AND 3, who do we take?

If we get pick 1 and 2, who do we take?

• Reid and Curtin

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • Reid and Watson

Votes: 61 33.3%
  • Reid and McKercher

Votes: 38 20.8%
  • Reid and trade out 2 (elaborate)

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Other (elaborate)

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid and Curtin no brainer for mine.
Plus, (cant believe im saying it trade Powell) if we get Sanders with Ports pick for a pick to get O'Sullivan.
Logue, Corr, Curtin and O'Sullivan gives us a strong key defender squad for years to come.

If we managed to pull that off then our 'younger' line up could be something like

Archer O'Sullivan Bergman
Goater Curtin Reid
Sanders Warlord Scott
Thomas Comben Sheezel
Stevo Larkey Zurhaar

CCJ, LDU, Simpkin

Ford, George, Phillips, Curtis, Logue, McDonald, Harvey, Xerri, Perez, Dury

Ruck would be the only real issue which id be looking to address next season. In the above ive gone with CCJ as he offers more around the ground and can play forward. Chom second ruck and push CCJ forward or play smaller.

Shut up. You love it.
Take It Personally Michael Jordan GIF
Happy Love It GIF by Rosanna Pansino

For me - we've had so little luck finding KPs later in the draft, so it's a no-brainer to take Curtin.

(If he's comfortable moving to Melbourne that is)
wrong

larkey - 73
b. brown - 47
goldi - 37
petrie - 23

that's just 5 seconds of thinking about it

I would say that where ever we draft KPD we have had issues finding the right ones.

But also no need to throw pick 2 at...

Depends on a few factors for me.
If McKay leaves, I'd pick Reid at 1 and Curtin at 2. Not trolling WC by picking Curtin at 2 as we will need a key defender if McKay leaves.
If McKay stays, I'd probably draft Reid at 1 and Watson at 2.

I'd say McKay compo. I'd be staggered if we got a 1st round PP, especially unlikely if they give us Sanders.
l think the AFL will use the excuse that giving us access to Sanders will dilute their assistance to getting a 1st round PP and give us one in the 2nd round if any at all..

I think we will go Reid but not Curtin due to him being from WA and our current predicament see JHF. Did initially think Watson but after seeing some footage for the first time not sure about that at pick 2. It has to be a tall back or forward imo though . Maybe Caddy just going on what I read here.

For me, on talent alone it's Reid and Curtin.

On NMFC positional need, it's Reid and Curtin.

On 'we need to take a KPD otherwise the AFL/numpties can continue to accuse us of ignoring talls in the draft', it's Reid and Curtin.

It's simply Reid and Curtin.

are we referring to pick 2 from priority pick or mckay compo

could be both and thus picks 1,2 and 3

There's no chance this happens.

Wish I was wrong, but no. Zero chance. Give up all hope of that now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wrong

larkey - 73
b. brown - 47
goldi - 37
petrie - 23

that's just 5 seconds of thinking about it

I would say that where ever we draft KPD we have had issues finding the right ones.

But also no need to throw pick 2 at...
I was referring to more recent history than Larkey in 2016 and Drew in about 2001...

Assuming we get Saunders for nada i’d:
1. Take Reid at 1
2. Trade pick 2 to WCE for pick 3 and pick 20 odd.
3. Bundle up picks (14,20,??) to send to GC for pick 6 and promise not to bid on Walter
4. Take Watson pick 3
5. Next available, most likely Caddy or O’Sullivan at pick 6

Reid, Watson, O’Sullivan, Saunders

Assuming we get Saunders for nada i’d:
1. Take Reid at 1
2. Trade pick 2 to WCE for pick 3 and pick 20 odd.
3. Bundle up picks (14,20,??) to send to GC for pick 6 and promise not to bid on Walter
4. Take Watson pick 3
5. Next available, most likely Caddy or O’Sullivan at pick 6

Reid, Watson, O’Sullivan, Saunders
I don’t think trading pick 2 with WC works for either side. If we value Curtin higher than any prospect, we take him, and if we don’t, why would WC give up a pick for nothing if we weren’t going to take him anyway.

Larkey
Brown
Goldi

All still playing

Not sure about this one mate.

I'm struggling to think of a KPP we drafted in 2017-22? Not a ruck, a KPP.

Larkey and Brown were good value picks agree. Todd is a ruck.

If we grant Drew KPP status and that's fair, #23 ain't a late pick. It's also close to being a previous century.

If there's an 'assistance package', it will be pre-listing Sanders and matching any bid

Yep 2 for Magoo and Sanders. We cannot complain about that. But I'd rather we didn't have to match as that's not really assistance just the rules from not so long ago.

And it may well compromise our Poort pick. I'd hate that, cause we're getting the next Wayne Carey.

Not sure about this one mate.

I'm struggling to think of a KPP we drafted in 2017-22? Not a ruck, a KPP.

Larkey and Brown were good value picks agree. Todd is a ruck.

If we grant Drew KPP status and that's fair, #23 ain't a late pick. It's also close to being a previous century.
Fair, but the op didn't state a time, only "late in the draft"
Drew wasn't exactly late, but not first round / pick 2

How many dominant pick 2 KPP are running around? (Not sarcasm, generally interested)

Trade pick 2 with Gold Coast for Pick 4 and the kings ransom (next year's first, a player).

Nab Watson, Mckercher or dursma with 4.
Use GCs future first to get back into the first round and nab a tall.

Back