Game Day Port v Bulldogs at AO, Gather Round 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have at it.

Port v the Dogs at Adelaide Oval possibly in a water polo match considering the weather forecast.

I doubt either supporter group is confident even though both teams are coming off wins.

Port by 15 and at the risk of sounding like gas lit Bronte to Port Adelaide's Harrison we will be 3-2 which is about where I expected us to be after 5 rounds. Just without the magnitude of the nauseating losses.

You know it's a lost cause when the GD thread is started by a mod. Remember the days when our international cohort would vie for the prestigious 12:01am starting post?

Somehow we are at $1.46, someone obviously knows something I don't. It looks like a spot of rain too, so that probably negates their talls somewhat.

I see we've yet again already made excuses in the pre-match presser, so I think it'll be the Dogs, but annoyingly we'll stay in the contest and the media will continue its hagiography of our failed coach.

Dogs are much better than us in the wet as seen in previous years and at our home ground. Dogs by 25.

You know it's a lost cause when the GD thread is started by a mod. Remember the days when our international cohort would vie for the prestigious 12:01am starting post?

Somehow we are at $1.46, someone obviously knows something I don't. It looks like a spot of rain too, so that probably negates their talls somewhat.

I see we've yet again already made excuses in the pre-match presser, so I think it'll be the Dogs, but annoyingly we'll stay in the contest and the media will continue its hagiography of our failed coach.
Had to look up hagiography. Could be the best laugh I get all day.

Playing at home, starting favourites, coming off an unexpected win, opposition has its own problems…

This is the exact type of game we normally drop under Ken.

Jonas’ omission will definitely hurt the Dogs, but Lycett still gives them hope

Dogs by 28 points
English BOG

Meh.

Trying to fire up for my own local game today in the hills. Given the conditions, the thought of a glass of red tonight in front of the fire watching Port is the only thing that excites me at this point.

Note to self, don’t assume as a season ticket holder you can walk in to tonight’s game as normal!

Carn Port.

Not as much pressure on the coach this week, so knowing this group of players, that probably equates to a drop off in intensity around the ball. Dogs by 14 points.
Yeah, feels like they won't be able to replicate last week's intensity with the pressure off. No one on this forum would be surprised if it plays out like this, for this reason.

I honestly dont think there has been anything too bad in here.

Has he got the most out of himself and can he be very proud of the career he has put together? Absolutely. Has he put his body on the line time and time again for the club and will he always have my respect for that? Absolutely.

Has he been one of the worst players in the entire AFL to get >50% TOG in the first 4 rounds and does he deserve to be dropped? Also, absolutely yes.
Nah, there's been plenty of 'he was always a spud' type comments about Jonas which are simply horseshit. His time is definitely done though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing at home, starting favourites, coming off an unexpected win, opposition has its own problems…

Dogs by 28 points
English BOG
I would love for this line to come out of the mouth of one of the commentators.

Dogs by 28 points
English BOG
Any whiff of expectation we are in trouble, not sure who can contain Aaron Naughton and their midfield is very strong.
Lose this we are in for a long long season.

Marshall could be the difference in this one.

Not his conditions at all so could have a 6 possession no score type game, or if he can find a way to get space take some chest marks and ground balls and kick 3 goals could be the point of difference.

The weather conditions will favour the Dogs. I don't see Port willing to be up for the fight two weeks in a row. I'm expecting a similar game to last week for Port, except this time the Dogs won't lose two KPPs and thus a 3 goal lead in the final quarter will be enough for them to hold on.

In a close game, the aftermath will be "well Port have West Coast next week at home so they'll be able to right the ledger" keeping Kenny out of the spotlight for a little while longer.

Not as much pressure on the coach this week, so knowing this group of players, that probably equates to a drop off in intensity around the ball. Dogs by 14 points.
Agreed `intensity around the ball' is crucial to winning any game and even more so given the expected conditions for tonight's game, and Butters and SPP aside I suspect the dogs will have at least 3 or 4 more players who will work harder than us for the 4 qtrs, so my tip is the dogs by 15 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back