Game Day Ports v Freo @ Seizure Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckon Fremantle will overrun us in the centre bounce like how they did to Brisbane. Knowing Port we will probably bring Freo to our level and this will be a low scoring game due to our tactics.

As long as it's better than the Magpies game........
White noise. 136 to 10 loss in SANFL. Hinkley's football program breading success at all levels.

Our game plan is based on manic pressure. Once that breaks the flood gates burst. Today that happens.

Sack the hucken finkley 7pm tonight

When Richmond win today i think the teams in the 8 will be set. Just looking at the draw I don't think the Bulldogs are a chance. The final spot in the 8 will come down to Sydney or St Kilda who actually play each other in the last round.

So the whole mathematical chance thing really is complete bullshit even if we pull something out of our arse today. Lose and its beyond any doubt. So really, the charade is over either way. He should be sacked tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most important game since the prelim. Its either still in the hunt for finals, or just about guaranteed a new coach.

Against my better judgement... just win farken
Mate we ain't sacking Ken based on losing a game against Freo in Perth.

Mate we ain't sacking Ken based on losing a game against Freo in Perth.
No but we are surely sacking him based on not making finals. Finals are just about impossible if we lose today. I'm not saying we sack him after a loss, but I am saying that we start preparing to sack him once its mathematically impossible.

Regardless of today's result there is unfortunately far more chance of the kokmeister giving kern another unearned contract extension than there is of giving him the lemonade and sars tonight.
It just wouldn't happen, our tv `star' president doesn't have the cajones to make ruthless decisions like that!

Despite the excessive doom and gloom on here (as per normal), this is quite a big game in the context of Port's season.

To make the finals, Port needs to either only lose 1 more game the rest of the way, or lose 2 but win every other game convincingly to significantly increase their percentage to sneak into the 8.

After today's clash against Top 4 side Freo, Port also has 2 more Top 4 clashes against Melbourne and Geelong, and games against finals contenders Collingwood and Richmond on the schedule.

I have long said that if Port make the finals this year, despite the horrific and unacceptable 0-5 start, they will have most definitely earned it.

That being said, close enough is not good enough today. Given Port's remaining schedule after today, today is a borderline must win. Sure, they can lose and still make finals, but I can't see them winning 5 of their last 6 whilst increasing percentage enough to sneak into the 8.

So, if today is a must win, one can certainly extrapolate from that and infer that today might not necessarily be the death knell of Hinkley as coach, but in 2 months time if they miss finals and he is sacked, many may look back at today's (hypothetical) loss to Freo as the first domino that initiated substantial change at Alberton.

On the other hand, if Port manage to beat Freo in Perth today, many (myself included) will be fully revising expectations. Port win today and suddenly the rest of their schedule - though difficult, is not something they can't perceivably overcome.

If there ever was a true sliding doors moment in the context of Port's relatively immediate future, today's game is it.

Go Power!

When Richmond win today i think the teams in the 8 will be set. Just looking at the draw I don't think the Bulldogs are a chance. The final spot in the 8 will come down to Sydney or St Kilda who actually play each other in the last round.

So the whole mathematical chance thing really is complete bullshit even if we pull something out of our arse today. Lose and its beyond any doubt. So really, the charade is over either way. He should be sacked tonight.

Please, please and pretty please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back