Hitchy
Ebert
Blee
D Stewart
Logan

Pfeiffer*
D butcher*
Hoskin*

Of course can't delist so many at once, beats the hell outta me why one more didn't go last year and why we didnt take the late 30's pick for Jacobs

Ah chee is on my delist list.
Ah Chee - 19 - 2nd Year on list

Blee - 23 - 2nd Year on list
Hitchy - 23 - 4rd Year on list
D Stewart - 24 - 4th Year on list
Salter - 26 - 6th Year on list
Thomas - 26 - 7th Year on list
Logan - 28 - 8th Year on list
Ebert - 29 - 11th Year on list

Hoskin* - 1st Year on list
Pfeiffer* - 2nd Year on list
D butcher* - 2nd Year on list

Bit rough on Ah Chee.

Ah chee is on my delist list.

Can't see him getting delisted this year. Should get an extra 2 years.
As PatientMental said, 19 and only 2nd year on the list.

Don't recall him having a full preseason either year, was selected as an underaged low risk high reward pick. It's not like he's doing a Mitch Curnow and getting dropped to under-18 teams.

First season, played in the maggies reserves and 1 Foxtel cup game. This season has played most games in the Maggies firsts. 2014 he should have a similar year to (2012) Moore... <10 games in and out of first team, with good clearance work but lack of spread.

Even just on paper you'd keep him around. 19 year old media savvy, indigenous kid, 188cm 88kg inside mid, quick, AFL indigenous ambassador, worked as a school Aboriginal and Islander education officer. This type of guy doesn't grow on trees.

Also, he's 1/4 Chinese. AZN Pride. :p :p

Give Ah Chee another year.

Agree with delisting of:

6 off the main list and upgrade Mitchell.

That's 5 players to draft/trade and as we are the 3rd youngest list there is little hope for more than 5 players being AFL standard.

4 rookies + 5 senior = 9 players turnover - any more than that and it would destabilise the list.

Exactly, Ah Chee has made the transition from reserves footballer to a reasonably consistent league footballer. Should see him get another year I would have thought.

Ah chee is on my delist list. - Not mine

Along with

Salter - unfortunately too many injuries
Thomas - see below
Hitchy - doesn't have an AFL body
Ebert - retired
Blee - yep doesn't really offer much - but I'd replace him with a 22+ year old player
D Stewart - not good enough for AFL
Logan - see below

Pfeiffer* - not good enough for AFL
D butcher* - not good enough for AFL
Hoskin* - not good enough for AFL

Of course can't delist so many at once, beats the hell outta me why one more didn't go last year and why we didnt take the late 30's pick for Jacobs

I'd keep Ah Chee. But both him and Newton have to play in 2014 and prove themselves. I'd keep one of Thomas or Logan.

Stick a 23-26 year old ruckman on the rookie list either AFL experienced or dominate ruckman at state level.

Yeah I'm prob a bit harsh on ah-chee. Especially since I've never seen him play at the maggies, so I'm basing it all on what I've read.

But what I don't like reading is how his kicking is terrible. Sure he has a great handball but if you can't kick then you shouldnt go further than sanfl. Surely there is enough talent in the land to be able to fill squads with players that know how to kick

I remember the number of people who wanted to delist bottom-ager basketball convert Jarred Redden after a couple of seasons. But he's shown nothing!!!111!!

Yeah I'm prob a bit harsh on ah-chee. Especially since I've never seen him play at the maggies, so I'm basing it all on what I've read.

But what I don't like reading is how his kicking is terrible. Sure he has a great handball but if you can't kick then you shouldnt go further than sanfl. Surely there is enough talent in the land to be able to fill squads with players that know how to kick

Trouble is that posters as dumb as you are basing their posts on what you are writing. Get out and go to the footy.
Saw him on the weekend. He has talent and is only young.
Butch missed a goal from 10m out.
Newton was ok.
Port had nearly 100 more marks than West. I can now see why Korey Beard gets so many cheap marks.
Interesting watching delisted rookie Webb beat both port ruckmen for most of the day.

It would be an odd decision to draft a bottom age kid who just snuck in who we knew was a long term project and to dump him after 2 years when hes shown vast improvement this year.

I'd keep Ah Chee. But both him and Newton have to play in 2014 and prove themselves. I'd keep one of Thomas or Logan.

Stick a 23-26 year old ruckman on the rookie list either AFL experienced or dominate ruckman at state level.

I don't think its really a decision between the two. I think Thomas is gone judging from the fact that he can't get a game. I just hope he ends up at Richmond or something.

Ah Chee will be fine. If Newton doesn't play AFL next year, then he never will.

Personally I think we will delist Salter, Stewart, Thomas, Pfieffer, and maybe Hitchcock/Logan and leave it at that.

Pretty sure we all agree that Hitchy, DStew, Ebert (obviously), and Salter will be gone by the end of the year.

Newton and Ah Chee deserve another year, and I'd be surprised if we cleared them out given that there's already 4 definite outs ahead of them.

I can't see Matt Thomas getting a gig in the side in the future, hopefully we can trade him for something, but if not then delist.

I'd actually keep Logan for another year just for the fact that he can come straight in to the side and play a shutdown role, might only play 4-5 games next year but at least it's a bit of insurance.

Blee is an interesting one. I don't think he has really shown why he deserves a spot in the 22, but he did look like a composed footballer in his few games this year. Probably doesn't have a chance for a spot in the future though.

Upgrade Mitchell, then clear the rest of the rookie list out. I'm still a big fan of taking a young ruck for developing on the rookie list to see if we can either use them or trade them later once they've started to mature a bit, and given that we'll have most likely 4 spots free on the rookie list, that gives us another spot for a mature aged ruck who can come in for injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a feeling Thomas will go via free agency to Richmond. But then again, so will half our list :confused:

Would Richmond want him though?

Not having a dig at Thomas by the way, just that he seems surplus to their needs.

Not having a dig at Thomas by the way, just that he seems surplus to their needs.

They were keen on him previously. He's been doing too well at SANFL level to be completely ignored, and at worst provides decent depth for the midfield.

Yeah he would be surplus to their needs. It's just a gut feeling. I'm probably way off the mark.

Give Ah Chee another year.

Agree with delisting of:

6 off the main list and upgrade Mitchell.

That's 5 players to draft/trade and as we are the 3rd youngest list there is little hope for more than 5 players being AFL standard.

4 rookies + 5 senior = 9 players turnover - any more than that and it would destabilise the list.

Logan deserves another year. He is solid depth. We have no one else who can come straight in and shut down. If we had another shut down small defender, I'd say yes, but we don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back