Training Pre-season Training 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-01-06/the-boys-are-back

Open training on Monday @9.40 for those that are interested and aren't named Carbine Chaos (well played you campaigner - that it was a Thursday had me curious but I had heard they would return in the 5th so went with it and none of what you'd posted was outlandish. ****** )
Every training report is now required to be accompanied by pics with the daily newspaper in shot.

I hope carbine is familiar with the boy who cried wolf.

But yeh im not back at work til later in the week so will look to head down

How long does a typical training session last? Was thinking about heading up from Baldivis to check it out as never been to one.
About 2 hours

Usually about half hour of stretching and warm ups with an hour of full on training then half an hour of em running/warmdowns

Some players head off a bit earlier than others whilst some will hang around

The players will stop for autographs or photos as they leave to the carpark if you're into that sort of thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keys does darling look a bit leaner this offseason. With Vardy/Petrie in he probably gets to play as third tall and probably push further down the ground and win a bit more of the footy.

Keys does darling look a bit leaner this offseason. With Vardy/Petrie in he probably gets to play as third tall and probably push further down the ground and win a bit more of the footy.
I thought Darling was looking super lean last year. I remember Baz going on about him being on a strict diet, a coeliac type diet from memory. No wheat, gluten, lactose etc

I thought Darling was looking super lean last year. I remember Baz going on about him being on a strict diet, a coeliac type diet from memory. No wheat, gluten, lactose etc
edited_1483912916536.jpg
If i was Darling i'd be on the same strict diet, high protein and plenty of extra 45s.

Kinda. Darling was injured for the majority of the preseason and season of 2015 and hence carried a more fat than usual. Tho JD looked like a tank last season. He looked as big as a lot of the bigger kpd's that he would play on at times. Either way I think jd should have a better year with Vardy/Petrie in the side.

Darling will likely be playing the same position.

Last year there was Kennedy + forward/ruck + Darling. This probably won't change.
Our forward ruck last year and years before spent a lot of time in the ruck or even on the bench. This year Giles/ lycett will shoulder a lot of the ruck and get vardy/Petrie to chip in.

Our forward ruck last year and years before spent a lot of time in the ruck or even on the bench. This year Giles/ lycett will shoulder a lot of the ruck and get vardy/Petrie to chip in.

I suppose youre right, any reduction in bench time for the two rucks will increase the amount of time that Darling is third tall. This could maybe be 10 minutes a game perhaps, given Naitanui's need for bench time.

Not sure where to post this, but I had an interesting dream the other night where i saw the last few minutes of the 2017 AFL grand final. West Coast will defeat Richmond 54-49, with Sam Mitchell kicking a goal from the goal square to take the lead in the last minute.

You heard it here first

Remove this Banner Ad

Back