Training Pre-season Training 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

first-pick 2016 draftee Daniel Venables were close to joining the main group.

“They are in parts of training, especially Venables,” Longmuir divulged.

“He’s going to take a little bit of progressing through his loads. He is slowly building, doing a little bit of rehab and a little bit of training.”

200.gif

Good to hear, let see if they actually follow through and not gift players games. Hopefully we get to see Dugga, Waterman, Rioli, Rotham and co all get game time, especially early on.

Like this. You don't want players to be gifted games, then you wish for all young players to be gifted games. Especially early on.

People like you vote for trump. Stick to your day job and liking posts.

Like this. You don't want players to be gifted games, then you wish for all young players to be gifted games. Especially early on.

People like you vote for trump. Stick to your day job and liking posts.
Sorry perhaps I should have been more clear. I don't want them gifted games. More so I want them to earn a spot and be given it. For too long we see players like Jetta play shit in the WAFL and be promoted when at the same time a player like Kane Lucas was dominating and never getting a look in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite disappointing he's that slight to be honest. Hope he has some Kokkinakas legs then....
With Barrass bulking up, both schoey and emac might have been given the instruction to cut back a bit. Both those guys are getting on a bit and now is the perfect time to transition Barrass into the number one defender role. If Emac is able to win his spot back in the side again it might be as the 3n/third tall. TBH im not a huge fan of it as i see him as only a negator that could offer bit in the air as well. If he is able to improve his skills and decision making with ball in hand, then he might actually add value in a new role as he does read the play pretty well and seem to marshall the troops well. I had a ton of optimism for emac but i can't see him in the b22 if they go with barrass as our number one kpd. Schofield pace/rebound is something thats very valuable for the side and one area we are lacking in. What a fit and hungry emac will do is push schofield.

With Barrass bulking up, both schoey and emac might have been given the instruction to cut back a bit. Both those guys are getting on a bit and now is the perfect time to transition Barrass into the number one defender role. If Emac is able to win his spot back in the side again it might be as the 3n/third tall. TBH im not a huge fan of it as i see him as only a negator that could offer bit in the air as well. If he is able to improve his skills and decision making with ball in hand, then he might actually add value in a new role as he does read the play pretty well and seem to marshall the troops well. I had a ton of optimism for emac but i can't see him in the b22 if they go with barrass as our number one kpd. Schofield pace/rebound is something thats very valuable for the side and one area we are lacking in. What a fit and hungry emac will do is push schofield.
No cigar. Yeo/Shep 3rd tall. much more run, carry and better ability to play small.

Sorry perhaps I should have been more clear. I don't want them gifted games. More so I want them to earn a spot and be given it. For too long we see players like Jetta play shit in the WAFL and be promoted when at the same time a player like Kane Lucas was dominating and never getting a look in.

You were going so well until you mentioned Lucas.

Masten & Ezy have the same size arms

Ezy may never play for us again which I think is sad. I think I said pre-Xmas perhaps he is preparing for life after footy as he doesn't seem to have put on any mass since he returned from his knee.

You were going so well until you mentioned Lucas.
Look I think getting Lucas was good. He did have potential, it didn't work out and I'm glad he's of the list. But there was a stretch early on when his form did warrant a game and thats what I'm pissed about. Reward the in form players

Ezy may never play for us again which I think is sad. I think I said pre-Xmas perhaps he is preparing for life after footy as he doesn't seem to have put on any mass since he returned from his knee.

If this is the case it would be because he has been told not to. These guys are very closely monitored and there would be a reason behind it. Besides, most of the squad bulked up prior to pre season traing and most are gradually dropping back to their regular playing sizes. I have been to two training sessions and consider that The Impaler has been training very well and is committed to the club and to getting back in the team. He was an A grade footballer and I believe that he will regain his confidence and play for WCE this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back