Premiership Coach 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

My games never advance past 8th of December in the first season. Could any of you people help me out?

Had this problem once, only thing that fixed it was looking through the time and date settings on my computer. Found out that it wasn't reading daylight savings properly, so manually set it and voila.

Not sure if it will work for you, but may help.

Had this problem once, only thing that fixed it was looking through the time and date settings on my computer. Found out that it wasn't reading daylight savings properly, so manually set it and voila.

Not sure if it will work for you, but may help.
Did you go an hour back or forward?

Did you go an hour back or forward?

forward from memory.

It happened again, guys!:

dmqxom.png

I love this game. I've played it since it came out on/off for years. I used to be regular contributor on the forums (before they went down) and I used to talk to the creator about bugs I found. I made a couple posts on those forums about my favorite players and how my 2026 team was so amazing.

Fast forward to today and I've got the same save file going. I'm playing in 2086 at the moment. I've won 47 premierships. I select every team, play every match, re-assess every contract, pick in every national and preseason draft. There's been some great highs and some lows.

I used to hire staff too, but I can't do that anymore because everyone wants more than the $10,000,000 I can offer. I also used to increase my financial contributions but it's fairly pointless these days (everyone is A+). I don't always trade because it can get pretty cheesy. I completely skip the rookie draft always because it's almost always useless.

I got a wooden spoon once. I can't remember if it was because I got lazy and mismanaged my list or if it was because I kind of steered towards higher draft picks. I think it was part of a period of missing finals for 5 years where I just had a bunch of rubbish and I refused to use the cheesy trading to fix it. Sometimes I go hard at trading because it's fun. Other times I love my list and just play them all until they die of old age. Every now and then some really special players come along and are amazing just to watch them at their numerical craft.

I'm a software developer by day so by night I can make magic happen with my save. I've always had the backup option ticked for my save, so I can go all the way back through the years if I want. I've studied the save data long enough to know what most of it means and how I can craft my own bases to start a new game from or to modify existing saves (sometimes necessary to fix getting stuck!) I've written programs to parse all of my saves and look at the stats of all of my players. There's been over 5500 players since I started. Only about 330 of them have played a game for me (which was unfortunately too small to create a complete base of... I'll have to play for another 70 years to get the necessary 670-odd!) I have created a base from the 900-odd players that ever spent a season at my club (drafted, traded for, etc included). That was fun for a couple of season. I specifically wrote the algorithm to pick them during the last year that they had their highest rating, so I got them all at the "end" of their primes. It was great to see who won the brownlow, got the most possessions, etc.

I once wrote an editor program and uploaded it here I think. I can't really remember. But I can probably be a lot of help for people still interested in this game. I might be able to ressurect save files, make it easier to create base lists, etc. I might also be able to give some staggering stories of how my save's gone and what it's like to have a save at this point, maybe even some tips and tricks. I don't know if it's actually that special at all to have a save up to 2086, but I'm pretty sure the software developer stuff might be handy. Anyway, that's why I'm posting this. Feel free to give me a shout. I won't be able to fix everything of course.

I love this game. I've played it since it came out on/off for years. I used to be regular contributor on the forums (before they went down) and I used to talk to the creator about bugs I found. I made a couple posts on those forums about my favorite players and how my 2026 team was so amazing.

Fast forward to today and I've got the same save file going. I'm playing in 2086 at the moment. I've won 47 premierships. I select every team, play every match, re-assess every contract, pick in every national and preseason draft. There's been some great highs and some lows.

I used to hire staff too, but I can't do that anymore because everyone wants more than the $10,000,000 I can offer. I also used to increase my financial contributions but it's fairly pointless these days (everyone is A+). I don't always trade because it can get pretty cheesy. I completely skip the rookie draft always because it's almost always useless.

I got a wooden spoon once. I can't remember if it was because I got lazy and mismanaged my list or if it was because I kind of steered towards higher draft picks. I think it was part of a period of missing finals for 5 years where I just had a bunch of rubbish and I refused to use the cheesy trading to fix it. Sometimes I go hard at trading because it's fun. Other times I love my list and just play them all until they die of old age. Every now and then some really special players come along and are amazing just to watch them at their numerical craft.

I'm a software developer by day so by night I can make magic happen with my save. I've always had the backup option ticked for my save, so I can go all the way back through the years if I want. I've studied the save data long enough to know what most of it means and how I can craft my own bases to start a new game from or to modify existing saves (sometimes necessary to fix getting stuck!) I've written programs to parse all of my saves and look at the stats of all of my players. There's been over 5500 players since I started. Only about 330 of them have played a game for me (which was unfortunately too small to create a complete base of... I'll have to play for another 70 years to get the necessary 670-odd!) I have created a base from the 900-odd players that ever spent a season at my club (drafted, traded for, etc included). That was fun for a couple of season. I specifically wrote the algorithm to pick them during the last year that they had their highest rating, so I got them all at the "end" of their primes. It was great to see who won the brownlow, got the most possessions, etc.

I once wrote an editor program and uploaded it here I think. I can't really remember. But I can probably be a lot of help for people still interested in this game. I might be able to ressurect save files, make it easier to create base lists, etc. I might also be able to give some staggering stories of how my save's gone and what it's like to have a save at this point, maybe even some tips and tricks. I don't know if it's actually that special at all to have a save up to 2086, but I'm pretty sure the software developer stuff might be handy. Anyway, that's why I'm posting this. Feel free to give me a shout. I won't be able to fix everything of course.

Yeah, I remember having some fun with that editor. Randomising stats and positions was always a good laugh. :thumbsu:

Is that editor floating around still? I still play the game a bit so would be fun to have a tinker with things.

I started making new lists for the 2017 season and all the profile pics ect.. but it was just so much work and I only got about half way through. I've looked through the player profiles and analysed them a bit but still can't work out why some players are just so special in the game and others aren't even with near maxed stats.

I'm not sure where the editor is to be honest. It might be on one of my harddrives somewhere.

I can probably whip up something better these days though. What kind of base features would it need/would be good?

I'm not sure where the editor is to be honest. It might be on one of my harddrives somewhere.

I can probably whip up something better these days though. What kind of base features would it need/would be good?

Did a quick search and found it:

Alright, guys, I've uploaded an early-build of the program you can download here.

Early-build details:
A couple of disclaimers:
It is not user-friendly. There are no instructions. I will give a couple of instructions here so that it is usable, but I would advise backing up your Premiership Coach folders before using it just incase you click on something and you think it does one thing but it actually does another thing.

This is intended to be run on Windows. If something doesn't work, post here. I am a Uni student who is studying this stuff but don't really have all that much experience yet so... bare with me. The advantage of me is that I am active and will respond.

Also, if you have features you want to see, I will respond to requests at this stage too.

I wanted to upload this version of the program so that you guys could see that I actually did make something and then can look forward to a better version.
Instructions:
Changing a player in a save or base ratings file:
1. Put the directory of the specific save's folder or the specific ratings folder into the text box at the top and click "find". It will load the players it finds, this may take a moment (wait and be patient). There is no loading incidator in this version so just try and move the window and if it responds then that means it has finished loading. If it's not responding, then it is still trying to load. If it doesn't find any players, make sure the directory is correct.
2. Look through the players and change whatever values you want. Just click and modify. Once you're done, click update. The text box at the bottom should give you a little bit of feedback.
3. If you want to make sure a change you've made has been saved, after you click update, click find again and see if it loads the correct value.

What you can modify about a player:
So you've loaded the players in an want to modify something, these are the things you can do:
1. Change any of these values in the player table: fname, lname, homeState, condition, age_day, age_month, age_year, height, weight, manMarking, verticalLeap, tenacity, skill, agility, courage, aggression, xFactor, strengthGroundLevel, strengthOverhead, strengthManOnMan, acceleration, speed, endurance, confidence, readPlay, consistancy, positioning, copeWithPressure, potentialTall, potentialMid, kickMaxDistance, diciplineMatch, disciplineTraining, disiciplineOffFirned, umpireLikes, umpireNotice, goHomeTend, injuryTend, loyaltyTend, clangerTend, leadership, imp_markLead, imp_markContested, imp_spoilContested, imp_spoilLead, imp_evasion, imp_catchPlayer, imp_tackle, imp_ruck, imp_goalSet, imp_goalRun, imp_hardBallGets, imp_handsInClose, imp_clearance, imp_getToContest, imp_footSkills, deg_markLead, deg_markContested, deg_spoilLead, deg_evasion, deg_catchPlayer, deg_tackle, deg_ruck, deg_goalSet, deg_goalRun, deg_hardBallGets, deg_handsInClose, deg_clearance, deg_getToContest, deg_footSkills, totalValue, jumperNumber, signed_day, signed_month, signed_month, signed_year, expired_day, expired_month, expired_year, draft_pick, draft_year, draft_draftType
2. In other words, don't change these ones: originalDocument, playerID, xmlFileName, club, age, clubID.
3. If you want to change a player's click, select the player row in the player table, select the club row in the club table and click on the "Change Club" button. You will need to update after this.
4. If you want to remove a player, select the player row in the player table and click on the "Remove" button. This auto-updates, you will not need to update after this.
5. If you want to randomize a player's numbers, select the player row in the player table and click on the "Randomize" button. You will need to update after this.
6. If you want to increase or decrease a player's attributes or improvementAttributes, select the player row in the player table and click on the respective button of "+ Attr", "- Attr", "+ Imp" or "- Imp". You will need to update after this.
7. If you want to randomize all of the player's numbers then click on the "Randomize All" button. You will need to update after this.
8. If you want to export a team, select the club row in the club table and click on the "Export Team" button. It will ask for a folder, I advise that you use a newly created folder.
9. If you want to import a team, select a club row in the club table and click on the "Import Team" button. It will ask for a folder that you used for "Export Team", so be sure you use one of those folders. The team imported will completely replace the club you selected. This auto-updates, you will not need to update after this.
10. If you want to create a player, select a club row in the club table and click on the "Create" button. It will create a player called "New Player" for the club you selected. You will have to find them in the list at the moment and they will have 50 in everything and be 18 years old. This auto-updates, you will not need to update after this. You can then treat them as any other player from this point.
This is an early-build and I am currently working on polishing it and making it more suited to people other than myself. If you want to use it as it is right now, download it. If you want to wait until I make it more user-friendly, I will be uploading a new version in the next couple days (probably tonight... I'm a Uni student after all).

I haven't played the game in a long time, and don't really have the time, but I do highly suggest to people still playing it to mess around with the editor a bit. Results in some really interesting saves.

Just had a play around with the editor and it's pretty fantastic DanielLaneDC. Pretty much does all the main things you could want and the only things I could think of adding or changing are minor/cosmetic.

1. The ability to be able to see columns with overall and peak so you can see those values change as you play around with attributes like strength at ground, man marking etc.
2. Ability to be able to double click a player from the editor list and see all his attributes on one page rather than having to scroll across to see all the stats. Minor but would be handy.
3. A section to see the upcoming players in the draft (regional players) and their overall and peaks and various other stats as well as the ability to sort column by preference of these options. Sort of like a more accurate scouting screen than the in game one. Would be major cheating but would place you more in the role of a scout and would dictate if you go hard through trades to secure picks to get these players.
4. The ability to see coach stats and play around with them in a similar way to the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great to hear! I think I have the source code on one of my old hard drives, but I'm thinking of creating something similar but different. Those are some good suggestions.

I envision a program which can offer some good tools to create Bases for things like 2018 lists and the like, but I also envision a program which you can run alongside playing PC2011 that offers you some nice things like trade history, accurate statistics for current + previous season, more flexible contract negotiation, I might even be able to find a way to make free agency work. The key to getting that to work though will be finding a way to make it run smoothly and intuitively alongside PC2011 itself, so it's not a drag having two things running and switching between them, but also so the not-so-savvy can't stuff things up.

I've been playing around with a tool recently which I may have mentioned earlier. At the moment, it loads all of the matches of all of the players from all of the years of a save (using the backups) and then you can see and order it by total and average possessions, marks, tackles, goals over their career.

The most important question I have for you and anyone else interested in things like this is:
  1. How do you play Premiership Coach 2011? Is it simming? Is it "play matches"? Do you use tactics? What is the "right" way in your eyes? In BigFooty's eyes (if there is a "right" way).
  2. How quickly does this run on your machines? Do the save/load take 2 minutes or 10 minutes? Does it crash often? Which screens cause you trouble? Are there any screens you avoid because they're A) likely to crash from experience B) not very useful/easy to use/not interested?

That's great to hear! I think I have the source code on one of my old hard drives, but I'm thinking of creating something similar but different. Those are some good suggestions.

I envision a program which can offer some good tools to create Bases for things like 2018 lists and the like, but I also envision a program which you can run alongside playing PC2011 that offers you some nice things like trade history, accurate statistics for current + previous season, more flexible contract negotiation, I might even be able to find a way to make free agency work. The key to getting that to work though will be finding a way to make it run smoothly and intuitively alongside PC2011 itself, so it's not a drag having two things running and switching between them, but also so the not-so-savvy can't stuff things up.

I've been playing around with a tool recently which I may have mentioned earlier. At the moment, it loads all of the matches of all of the players from all of the years of a save (using the backups) and then you can see and order it by total and average possessions, marks, tackles, goals over their career.

The most important question I have for you and anyone else interested in things like this is:
  1. How do you play Premiership Coach 2011? Is it simming? Is it "play matches"? Do you use tactics? What is the "right" way in your eyes? In BigFooty's eyes (if there is a "right" way).
  2. How quickly does this run on your machines? Do the save/load take 2 minutes or 10 minutes? Does it crash often? Which screens cause you trouble? Are there any screens you avoid because they're A) likely to crash from experience B) not very useful/easy to use/not interested?

Like I said, I haven't played in ages, but I shall answer anyway.

1. I generally simmed games. Unless it was first game of the season, and I was really excited by my list, or if I had a bunch of injuries and I thought it would be an intriguing battle. Would also play matches in finals against the Crows and Bombers in the first few seasons when they are OP (particularly against the Bombers), because those would always be really interesting games, and force me to make some creative tactical changes.

2. It was mixed for me. It took longer to load on my home computer, but didn't crash as much, so I still sometimes played on there. About 2 minutes on laptop, probably 5 on home computer. I had figured out, for the most part, how to avoid crashes by the time I stopped playing, but every now and then my computer would run out of charge and ruin a save. Otherwise I was able to avoid breaking saves. It was probably necessary, but not sure I can remember getting much use out the regional screen. I did all my scouting on the scouting page.

Those things you mention would be cool, especially being able to use it alongside PC2011 and see stats and make changes as a companion app.

I only just started playing it again a bit recently but I pretty much just sim all the games now. That brings me to another feature I just though of which would be cool. In game when you have it set to have the assistant auto select and submit a team each week for simming, would there be any way to be able to have the assistant use the default team you've added in yourself and only make changes when there are injuries. I find that the assistant picks really strange teams and has players in odd positions, so that would be cool if that could be a feature added. Not sure if it's even possible though.

The game runs fast on my new computer. Saves open in under a minute and I rarely have a crash. Simming slows down a fair bit if you've left the application running for a while (like 2 seasons worth) which is fixed by quitting the game and re-loading the save file.

Thanks guys, good stuff.

I think there's a limit to what I can do with a companion app because of when the game updates the .xml files. It seems to hold a lot in memory but perhaps not all, and that's why quitting without saving can wreck a save. Still need to do more investigation. I think I could perhaps make my own assistant, but unsure as it might be too tricky to stop it from getting confused. I know for sure that it's a good idea to save and quit at the end of each year because otherwise the game "remembers" too many things about the last year and that can cause lag and some ui problems.

The game produces very different results if you skip vs play matches.

If you skip, I'm not sure if (but don't think that) tactics are enforced and certainly rotations aren't. However, if you play matches, you can "sim quarter" and that will use your tactics and rotations whilst still not taking too much of your time. Aside from this, players perform very differently and the positions perform very differently. For instance, a tall defender will get a lot less possessions in play matches depending upon your tactics, whereas in sim they will tend to wrack up a lot.

For me, this game is most enjoyed by play matches, sim quarter, with carefully decided default tactics with automatic rotations, and then adjustments on the fly positionally and tactically depending upon how the match is going. If things aren't going well, I will toggle "sim quarter" and maybe even slow it down to get enough time to watch what's happening. One of the richest parts of this game is making these tactical changes in the game. Every position has a role it will play and sometimes if you're getting killed by key forwards you will need to tell one of your non FB/CHB defenders to not play so tight on his man, or you may need to try tagging the HBFs. Normally, there are holes you can exploit somewhere.

In my experience, my gameplan tends to revolve around heavy ball movement through the HFFs. If you can get a guy who is highest rated as an outside mid to play there, but has decent secondary ratings in tall forward (for marks) and inside mid (for contested ball), they will be your main man sending it inside 50 and will be very consistent. Secondly, if they can kick a goal on the run and have decent x-factor they can be a 30 possession, 2.5 goal a game player.

hey i just bought premiership coach 11 and the site I register it is not working, Is there any other way to register the game?

I have a big ask of you DanielLaneDC, if you don`t mind, and anyone else can get involved as well. I came across your conversations in the this thread and was interested to find someone else who plays the matches. I have been watching Aussie rules now for a few years and with a soccer background, I am interested in the soccer management games(Fifa manager etc)but i thought i would give this game a try. I just cannot get my head around overseeing so many players at once, i understand the basics of the game but trying to transport those over to this game can sometimes leave me staring at the screen in confusion. So any tips or guidelines you could give me would be fantastic. Just a note, I have got great responses in the past from other people in this forum, anyway back to my point, I think i get the logic of kicking short into the wind and long with the wind, third man up, and loose man in defense etc. But i guess what i am asking for is what you found worked for you, what i really need is for you to be standing over my shoulder saying "well in this situation you need to do this and that", but any knowledge you can pass on will make my enjoyment of this great little game so much better, I also have trouble reading the text and visually following whats happening on the field at the same time.What would be great is to start a conversation around peoples experiences playing the game as opposed to simming. So perhaps i should have started a new thread but that`s way beyond my skill level. Any thoughts.

Skanky1

So I got sick of seeing all the same names getting recycled when playing so I decided to update the name files.
Grab them here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9zkmftz5x8ho4i/Names.zip?dl=0
Just unzip them into x:\Premiership Coach 2011\Data\Base\Base2010\Misc or whichever profile you are using.
You may also want to make a backup copy of the original FirstName and LastName files first, just in case.
I started a new game and ran that for a season with the new files and didn't run into any problems.
Feel free to edit the name lists to your liking.

EDIT:
Just uploaded a new set of names, a lot smaller lists and adjusted size and ratio of names, should be a lot better now.

Last edited:
So I got sick of seeing all the same names getting recycled when playing so I decided to update the name files.
Grab them here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqa8c65blvsmj6p/Names.zip?dl=0
Just unzip them into x:\Premiership Coach 2011\Data\Base\Base2010\Misc or whichever profile you are using.
You may also want to make a backup copy of the original FirstName and LastName files first, just in case.
I started a new game and ran that for a season with the new files and didn't run into any problems.
Feel free to edit the name lists to your liking.
That's a lot of names! My only issue is the potential names like Abu-Bakr Vangoetham which don't really make sense, but I really appreciate this, so thanks!

That's a lot of names! My only issue is the potential names like Abu-Bakr Vangoetham which don't really make sense, but I really appreciate this, so thanks!
Yeah, perhaps the list is too big, cutting it down might get better results I guess. It's a pity there's no way to group first and last names together so you will always end up with things like a indian first name and a chinese last name etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back