• Draw into extra time- haw

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Draw into extra time-cats

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What absolute baloney that was...he was desperately trying to play games/save face as his side just got pumped with ten goals straight...he had to say something as he knew Geelong would be facing the Hawks again in two weeks....Hawks to win easily

Maybe he senses the biggest obstacle to hawks smashing the cats is the hawks own minds. Should be a gqiven and we should be hi fiving getting drawn the weakest team in the top four

Can't wait for the game, what I am not looking forward to is the predictable " mission accomplished/ we are the underdogs/blah/ blah" from Chris Scott, he is incredibly disrespectful to his opponents in lead ups and post match pressers, carry's on whining in disbelief during the game in the box, he has a mighty club at his disposal but continually acts like a spoilt brat,real lack of class.

Should be a great game on the night, go hawks

PS heard a whisper yesterday that Cyril will play !!

PS heard a whisper yesterday that Cyril will play !!
I doubt he'll be seen again this year. No way you can take a chance that big on someone in a final. Especially someone with a shaky history injury wise. It's too big a risk.

Its one thing the cats believing they can beat Hawthorn, but unless they believe they can beat sydney they should just get out of the way and give the other two clubs a run at it

Without pet umpires theyd be playing north already. Last week was a disgrace and the bartel thing took the focus away from that

No doubt the same two or three umpires will rock up again

I feel sorry for you if the great Hawthorn/Geelong games are pre-ruined for you by a perceived umpiring bias. As for Geelong "getting out of the way", well, if they beat Hawthorn, they're more deserving of a GF spot. Simple. This is what finals are all about.

I'm hoping it's another classic, like last year's Prelim, but that the result is reversed, preferably with Jimmy kicking the winning goal while Hawthorn supporters ruin their throats with boos. :p

Can't wait for the game, what I am not looking forward to is the predictable " mission accomplished/ we are the underdogs/blah/ blah" from Chris Scott, he is incredibly disrespectful to his opponents in lead ups and post match pressers

Seriously? Please find me one example of this.

All season Scott has said we're behind the very best teams (your team is one of those) but we think our best football is good enough to compete - which it clearly is. What's arrogant about that?

All season Scott has said we're behind the very best teams (your team is one of those) but we think our best football is good enough to compete - which it clearly is. What's arrogant about that?

But he occasionaly gets upset at skill errors or umpiring decisions (which fans never do, as evidenced by every Gameday thread not turning into an umpiring-complaint moanfest) so he is a bad one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is fascinating for me is the way Scott implied after the last game that Geelong put the cue in the rack after testing out their systems.

I think you should actually watch the press conference before you post, because Chris Scott specifically says they didn't put the cue in the rack. With actual words you can hear. Yes, he said they tried a few things and were happy with what they got out of the game, but he never said or implied they put the cue in the rack.

OP What's the point? It's just going to be trolling for a week.
Have to agree. How long will this thread last before it's closed down because off all the anti-Geelong bullshit that's permeated the MB in the last month. I give it until Wednesday. :rolleyes:

On another note, I'd like to wish the Hawks all the best for the finals. They've had a great year again and will be tough for us to beat, they'll go in deserved favourites. I'm not convinced the Catters are good enough yet to win the flag this year, all I hope is our lads have a crack.

I think you should actually watch the press conference before you post, because Chris Scott specifically says they didn't put the cue in the rack. With actual words you can hear. Yes, he said they tried a few things and were happy with what they got out of the game, but he never said or implied they put the cue in the rack.
The overall sense of what I heard him say when I did watch it was that Geelong were saving a bit for the finals, that they didn't play their full hand. Thats what I got from it. So I'm interested to see if they can go harder for 4 quarters because they certainly had Hawks measure early.

The overall sense of what I heard him say when I did watch it was that Geelong were saving a bit for the finals, that they didn't play their full hand. Thats what I got from it. So I'm interested to see if they can go harder for 4 quarters because they certainly had Hawks measure early.
I think both clubs did pretty much the same, that's what will make the QF an interesting match. Maybe it's all bluff too? Who knows, we'll find out Friday night.

Incredibly smug / arragont person is C Scott publically in my opinion, maybe it's gamesmanship / pyhsc rubbish and he is a great bloke privately ( probably is) just don't think he represents your club well in the media and on game day

Geelong easily.

Have not been to last two games when we won, and I'm going this week so I am the jinx and we will be dumped out in straight sets.

I feel sorry for you if the great Hawthorn/Geelong games are pre-ruined for you by a perceived umpiring bias. As for Geelong "getting out of the way", well, if they beat Hawthorn, they're more deserving of a GF spot. Simple. This is what finals are all about.

I'm hoping it's another classic, like last year's Prelim, but that the result is reversed, preferably with Jimmy kicking the winning goal while Hawthorn supporters ruin their throats with boos. :p

Percieved ? Pull the other one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back