AFL Grand Final Process for Eligible Members Grand Final Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

If all of you are Priority 1 you should be fine. I think all P1 Lions members will get a reserved seat. Assuming we beat Geelong.
Just stick to the clubs recommendation- Option 1 – ‘I will accept the best available ticket – including Standing Room’

Thanks to gimp! for the link to this thread General GF questions- NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD PLS (use stickied)

What I learnt

There are about 15k tickets for each competing club members

Category tickets are distributed across p1/2/3.

P1 seem to get higher numbers of better category seats, P 3 gets more of the lower category seats. But it is a mix - p3 can get better seats than p1.

Size of group may negatively impact on category, no matter what priority (darn it- we are five).

They had less than 50k numbers - so in same ball park. Though we have lots of small member tickets, like the three game option.

About 80% of people who nominated for the ballot got tickets. Not sure if we will have the same number entering the ballot given the expense of flights/accom.

Didn't see any p1/2 who missed out (but I skimmed so might have missed).

Did see p3 who missed.

Didn't see p1 with standing.

The thought was p1/2 all but guaranteed tickets. Again might be someone saying different.

Probably more but I'm done.

The one thing that was very clear was that people really wanted to be at the gf. Lots of excitement/stress happiness and some devastation. Those that got tickets really didn't care about where they sat/stood.

Will select including standing as per club recommendation.

Last edited:
Thanks to gimp! for the link to this thread General GF questions- NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD PLS (use stickied)

There are about 15k tickets for each competing club members

Category tickets are distributed across p1/2/3.

P1 seem to get higher numbers of better category seats, P 3 gets more of the lower category seats. But it is a mix - p3 can get better seats than p1.

Size of group may negatively impact on category, no matter what priority (darn it- we are five).

They had less than 50k numbers - so in same ball park. Though we have lots of small member tickets, like the three game option.

About 80% of people who nominated for the ballot got tickets. Not sure if we will have the same number entering the ballot given the expense of flights/accom.

Didn't see any p1/2 who missed out (but I skimmed so might have missed).

Did see p3 who missed.

Didn't see p1 with standing.

The thought was p1/2 all but guaranteed tickets. Again might be someone saying different.

Probably more but I'm done.

The one thing that was very clear was that people really wanted to be at the gf. Lots of excitement/stress happiness and some devastation. Those that got tickets really didn't care about where they sat/stood.

Will select including standing as per club recommendation.
I really do not like the fact that the bolded can happen, IMO if you have been paying September Member fees (in my case for over a decade) you should have automatic best seat in the stadium access(unless SM numbers exceed the better seats on offer) and not be relegated below Cat 2-3 members. ie, middle tiers, not down on the lower levels or way up in the back rows top tier.

Anyway I feel better that I have had a whinge, ultimately I would be ecstatic if we made the GF, over the moon to get a ticket to it and I would get over it if I didn't get one of the better seats... although in the front rows behind the goals would piss me off.

:brisbane::brisbane::brisbane:

Im P1. Ill be able to register between 8am and 12pm but may not be able to register right on 8am. I this going to affect my chances?

Im P1. Ill be able to register between 8am and 12pm but may not be able to register right on 8am. I this going to affect my chances?
From my reading of it no it wont affect you as long as you register during those hours, we all just go into a weighted ballot if we make the GF.

Question, I saw in the sister thread of this on the pies board that they think they're giving all afl teams members seats?

For the dees it was 1000, gold coast 200 ect.

Anyone know how that'll work?

Returned email screenshot

NOTE FOR P1 members
There are sufficent tickets to cover all members in this group who register.
Should Brisbane Lions Play. You will be allocated a ticket

P2 & P3 NOT guaranteed a ticket

EDIT: Just noticed an error in this email
The very first line - Now you've bought your tickets

1663193692082.png

Last edited:
Is the initial credit card charge just the $14 admin fee? Just checking that my application is correct...was expecting it to hold the maximum amount required.

Is the initial credit card charge just the $14 admin fee? Just checking that my application is correct...was expecting it to hold the maximum amount required.
Yes,

just make sure you have enough credit available though if we win.
If we win the full amount most likely comes out the next day being Saturday or even midnight Friday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't take long at all maybe 2 mins all up - seemed very easy. Only issue is not being able to chose your ticket or category - oh well will just wait for us to win Friday night and see the bill hit the account! :)

That process was so smooth and easy that I’m scared I did something incorrectly.

Legit. I even went to check my bank statement to make sure I was charged for two ticket fees hahah

just double checking - the credit card you use to register for the ballot is automatically saved to be the one billed if we get through correct?
Yes

For people that forgot to update their credit card details via My Ticketek Account online

You should be able to do this via the registration process

I beleive it is now to late to do via your My Ticketek account online

Sorry this has probably been asked already, but I'm a Supporter Member, and didn't recieve an email. I thought I should be Priority 2- or do I have no access?

Edit- I have the Brisbane Lions MCC Supporter Membership, does anyone else have this and would this be why I don't have access?

Yes

For people that forgot to update their credit card details via My Ticketek Account online

You should be able to do this via the registration process

I beleive it is now to late to do via your My Ticketek account online

The credit card is charged the 3.50. only a problem if credit card changes or maxes out between now and Sunday.

Sorry this has probably been asked already, but I'm a Supporter Member, and didn't recieve an email. I thought I should be Priority 2- or do I have no access?

Edit- I have the Brisbane Lions MCC Supporter Membership, does anyone else have this and would this be why I don't have access?
The code seems to be the same code you were sent for registering for finals tickets as a member? Could try entering that during the P2 timeslot?

Otherwise, I'm not sure where you can access the information other than the email? Someone here might know, or you could try calling the club?

Well done
Did you stick to Option 1

From memory you already paid for Rex flights

Yes went option one. That email after about definately getting priority one tickets made me feel more comfortable.

And yes rex down from gc $100 each, back by Virgin $109 booked at the start of June. Have family to stay with in - get this - Fitzroy!!

It's school holidays so even if we don't make the GF it'll be a cheap holiday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back