Sim Qooty Instructions, Walkthroughs etc - ask here for how-to's

Remove this Banner Ad

Any issues with using Qooty, installing, running, finding a function .. ask here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frequently Asked Questions
The following FAQ uses the scenario of playing a match as though the following were true:
- You named the league MYLEAGUE
- You played a match between AUSTIN and POWERS
- You played this in Season 2011 (11) and it is Round 04.
{adjust what you need in the file names and paths to suit your own situation}

Computer paths are shown in red and Qooty menus/functions are shown in green
- Note that the menu system is two-dimensional. Use up and down arrow keys to choose the menu group then left and right arrow keys to choose the actual option.

Use Notepad to open data files such as commentary or match stats

Where do I download Qooty?
OUT OF DATE LINK - LATER VERSION IS ANNOUNCED IN A SIM FORUM THREAD
Information about this release - http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870878

How do I start Qooty?
Qooty > MENU.EXE (double-click)

How do I create a team?
Utilising the second tier of menus (every menu item on the main menu is a set of menu items, accessed with the left and right cursor/arrow keys). Refer :

How do I make a match play faster?
GAME SETUP > Sim Speed

How do I find the commentary?
Qooty > MYLEAGUE > GAMES > AUSPOW11.04C

How do I find the game stats?
Qooty > MYLEAGUE > GAMES > AUSPOW11.04S
or
In Qooty, go to VIEW RESULTS > GAMES {enter} > MYLEAGUE {enter} > AUSPOW11.04 > S
Then find everything you need (colourful stats, game time, goal-by-goal) in Qooty > AFTRMTCH.TXT [Screenshot 1] [Screensot 2]

Can I make a league play an entire fixture automatically?
Yes. Make sure the league is configured, then turn on Autoplay.
GAME SETUP > Autoplay
- It MAY require Reminders to be on, as well. I can't remember:
GAME SETUP > Reminders
- It will follow a set of dates and not play a match for which the date has not yet come about.
- I am guessing that if you Set The Config for a previous year, it would play them all no matter where in the year you currently are.
- Note that the autoplay feature does not play finals, only home and away rounds.

How do I see cumulative stats for all players throughout the season?
STATS TYPE > Senior > MYLEAGUE
For a text file, then press F, then
Qooty > teamstat.txt
- Reserve stats type is rarely used, but can be, if you have two leagues running with promotion/relegation between them.

How do I compile stats for multiple seasons?
VIEW RESULTS > All Stats

How do I register a new player partway through a season, and allow them to transfer in?
Create a second league, make a team, and put them in that team. Then you can transfer.
- Note when playing a league with supplementary (>20) players per team, you should create a second league to hold all the supplementary players.

Is there a more efficient way of entering teams besides manually typing them in?
- If you don't have specific names, just want to enter some randoms, just keep pressing enter without typing anything.
- If you have a team list, put it into a text file eg myteam.txt, one player per line. Follow the prompt at team entry - i think it's "^myteam" in the BP position.

{list under construction}

Re: Need help getting Qooty to work on your computer?

Step 1, are you on Vista? If so, good luck and good night.
If you are on Windows 7, apparently it might work, though I'd guess you'd need to run in the XP mode that Windows 7 is supposed to be able to run in.

Step 2, check to see if you have OLDDOS already on your computer.
Start bar > Run... > cmd {enter}
Now type qbasic {enter}
if it works, it works, if it doesn't you need OLDDOS as well as QBasic

Both are at the following download page :http://qooty.footypedia.com

Assuming you need OLDDOS :
Create a folder on your computer (perhaps called Qooty) and download OLDDOS into it. Once downloaded, run OLDDOS and it'll unpack a bunch of stuff.

Double click QBasic.exe that you can now see there, if it works, yay.

If not, you may need an autoexec.nt file
Go here for instructions on autoexec.net : http://qooty.footypedia.com/autoexecbug.html

I still get the ''You don't have the occasiated program to run this'' even with Autoexe fix in system32 and oldos. On XP

Yeah, it can even load Qooty, but obviously not all other the other files need to get past the start menu.

err that's weird. Please tell me what point you get to before the error.

1. What is the last thing you were able to see : a Qooty screen? a Dos Screen? A screen that quickly flashed then disappeared and you can't tell what it said?

2. What was the last command or key press you are able to enter before the error? dbl-clicking Q.BAS? cursoring through the Qooty menu? Enter on any menu item?

3. What was the resultant screen. "You don't have the occasiated program to run this" (associated, maybe?) what color is this screen? did it stay on screen or disappear? did it say anything else? does it look like a basic DOS screen (black with grey writing and > signs for prompts ) ?

We'll get there! :)

No box comes up, just an error box, the full message was ''This file does not a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association Folder Options control panel''

Sorry, what do you mean by no box coming up, but an error box? That's a box to me!

Okay so I still feel like we might be able to get the answer to the bolded red q's below if I repeat them like a bastard.

1. What is the last thing you were able to see : a Qooty screen? a Dos Screen? A screen that quickly flashed then disappeared and you can't tell what it said?

2. What was the last command or key press you are able to enter before the error? dbl-clicking Q.BAS? cursoring through the Qooty menu? Enter on any menu item?

3. What was the resultant screen. "You don't have the occasiated program to run this" (associated, maybe?) what color is this screen? did it stay on screen or disappear? did it say anything else? does it look like a basic DOS screen (black with grey writing and > signs for prompts ) ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just double click on the q.bat file, the bat file doesn't come up at any stage just straight away with that error.

The error box itself is the normal one from XP, not grey one. It has c:\qootyv9.2\q.bat at the top.

I just double click on the q.bat file, the bat file doesn't come up at any stage just straight away with that error.

The error box itself is the normal one from XP, not grey one. It has c:\qootyv9.2\q.bat at the top.
Okay thanks.

1. did you first dbl-click OLDDOS and ok it to unpack/install itself?

2. Try dbl-clicking the Qbasic.exe file and tell me what happens.

I am caught in a time flux between XP and windows7 called Vista. It is a truly frustrating place. The even sadder thing is I have 2 laptops and a PC with it!

1. Yep.

2. It loads that and has the welcome message, copyright message, press enter for survival guide and press esc to clear dialong box. Also menu up the top and etc.

I am caught in a time flux between XP and windows7 called Vista. It is a truly frustrating place. The even sadder thing is I have 2 laptops and a PC with it!
poor bugger ... go get a $50 old desktop from some garage sale :)

1. Yep.

2. It loads that and has the welcome message, copyright message, press enter for survival guide and press esc to clear dialong box. Also menu up the top and etc.
good news Shallow, that means QBasic works, its might only be the batch files (.BAT) that your computer is struggling with.

Although it'd be a little tedious, you should be able to run Qooty by :

dbl click QBasic (as you just did)

press Esc to kill the welcome msg and release the blue screen behind it

hold alt and press F, release alt and press O (or use the mouse) to bring up dialog box full of files in that same folder

choose Menu.Bas and ok it

Lemme know if Qooty will then run :)

good news Shallow, that means QBasic works, its might only be the batch files (.BAT) that your computer is struggling with.

Although it'd be a little tedious, you should be able to run Qooty by :

dbl click QBasic (as you just did)

press Esc to kill the welcome msg and release the blue screen behind it

hold alt and press F, release alt and press O (or use the mouse) to bring up dialog box full of files in that same folder

choose Menu.Bas and ok it

Lemme know if Qooty will then run :)
OR! :

Go to the link below, click on Win XP Fixes, click on File Association Fixes, and download the "Batch File Association Fix" and run it. The istructions are at the top of that page.

http://www.dougknox.com/index.html

It comes up with it's script.
I tried clicking run wich loaded the main menu perfectly but saids path not found when trying to make a league.

EDIT: I will try that.

oh yeah I forgot to tell you to run it (which you worked out for yourself then). Weird about the paths not found. That sounds VERY vista-like!

More info re "paths not found" ... blue screen error or in-game "Mobbs probably wrote this error message" error? does it say WHICH paths were not found?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back