Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's this logo on the back of the jumper?

313975.jpg

I can't remember the name of it.

back.PNG front.PNG Would anyone be able to tell me if the jumper here is historically correct or if it a true replica of one (hopefully I made sense, but dont know how to explain myself.) It just looks rather odd not having a sponsor on the back of it... unfortunately i was a bit young at the time this jumper would have been used, and I cant find a picture of the back of this one during a game anywhere!

I know there has always been cheap sponsorless jumpers out there, Im just curious if it is likely this one would have been bought from the club (team store) or what it would be.

View attachment 79518 View attachment 79519 Would anyone be able to tell me if the jumper here is historically correct or if it a true replica of one (hopefully I made sense, but dont know how to explain myself.) It just looks rather odd not having a sponsor on the back of it... unfortunately i was a bit young at the time this jumper would have been used, and I cant find a picture of the back of this one during a game anywhere!

I know there has always been cheap sponsorless jumpers out there, Im just curious if it is likely this one would have been bought from the club (team store) or what it would be.
I'm pretty sure they sold these ones at the team store. They were just the Sekem versions but I remember everyone used to have these, even up until about 2003ish, it was always a bit rare to see a kid in the new polyester ones (honestly, growing up in WA, the first time I saw a kids in the sublimated types were ones with ochres). I have two jumpers, from '94 and 2000, and they were from the shop at Fremantle Oval and have no back sponsors at all.

I've seen the old jumpers for Freo with Yakka on the back too, obviously in the polyester, but I'm not sure if they were sold by clubs or people got them through some other way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking through, Port and Richmond have black backgrounds and West Coast has the away jumper as a background.
Port's background is our jumper (taken from our official website's background) and Richmond's is what looks like something taken from their official website but some time back. Zoom out on your browser and you'll probably be able to see em.

I was wondering if anyone had any Paint.NET templates as the link in the template thread comes up with nothing?
Can't directly upload paint net files so try right clicking the link, save the link as "all files" and changing the extension to .pdn (ie: front.pdn)

Attachments

• front.xml
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
  • back.xml
    18.9 KB · Views: 4
I have a few questions regarding GPS pouches, that have been on my mind for some time …

1. I have noticed there is a lot of variation in the size of GPS pouches on guernseys- even when they are made by the same manufacturer, as in the case of the two ISC guernseys shown below. Most ISC pouches seem to range from 10cm to 12cm in length and be about 8.5cm wide, but there have been a few guernseys recently of the same stype as the #44 guernsey on the left below with pouches as small as 8cm in length and 7cm in width! Why is this- and is there any advantage to having bigger or smaller GPS pouches in particular?

2. I also have noticed that the ISC pouches are made of thicker material that has a padded feel (thus leading to their relatively bulky, pillowy appearance) while some labels such as Puma have flatter pouches that seem to be made of material is lighter and thinner. Again, why is this and does one design have an advantage over the other?

3. What are the dimensions of the actual GPS tracking device that is inserted into the pouch and what does it look like? Would love to see a picture of an actual GPS device of the type used by the AFL if someone has one to post here!
GPS.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back