Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official 2017/2018 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure we said it was santa anna couch, and is overlaid with another maybe rye, during the winter months when dormant. This will give it a green look all year.
Thanks Flea, but is this confirmed or an educated guess??

VFL Video Stream v Casey Saturday night?

Unfortunately not, I think I wrote in the VFL thread the night before the North Ballarat game that AFL Vic have stopped us from live streaming matches on our website, citing their broadcast arrangement with Channel 7. So effectively, the only place you can watch the VFL live now is on 7, if you're in Victoria, and hopefully your team features in the match of the day. At the moment, we're looking to get the live audio stream back and potentially hosting VFL replays on our site - but not in time for this weekend's game v Casey.

hello, RFC_Official will there be any special jumpers (not including the indigenous one) worn in season 2015? (eg stuff like the fighting tiger fund) also if so will there be player issue jumper available to be bidded on this year at any stage? thanks

So with regular, clash and Dreamtime guernsey, we have a scheduled Alannah and Madeline Foundation guernsey for our round 12 match against West Coast and a Homecoming guernsey for round 15 which has player names on our traditional jumper - more details will follow in the coming weeks on both these.

I believe the player-worn Dreamtime guernsies will be available for auction.

Hi RFC_Official
If you've already discussed this here please point me to where it is at.

But just for the record...
1. What are your roles and responsibilities at the club - just a few points
2. How do you track the work you do online and the 'feedback' from FB members
3. How often and in what format is it reported up the hierarchy

If any of the above is too onerous, or you just couldn't be arsed...please feel free to ignore my questions.

So with regular, clash and Dreamtime guernsey, we have a scheduled Alannah and Madeline Foundation guernsey for our round 12 match against West Coast and a Homecoming guernsey for round 15 which has player names on our traditional jumper - more details will follow in the coming weeks on both these.

If the 130 year anniversary guernsey has a retro thin sash I'll buy it otherwise it'll just be a regular guernsey with names on it.

The thin sash is a nod to premierships we've won wearing the thin sash (We've worn a thinner sash in all of our flags)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately not, I think I wrote in the VFL thread the night before the North Ballarat game that AFL Vic have stopped us from live streaming matches on our website, citing their broadcast arrangement with Channel 7. So effectively, the only place you can watch the VFL live now is on 7, if you're in Victoria, and hopefully your team features in the match of the day. At the moment, we're looking to get the live audio stream back and potentially hosting VFL replays on our site - but not in time for this weekend's game v Casey.
Live audio would be good and replays on our site is something I've been screaming about. Would really love that even if you can only hold them on your server for a week. I know every game is videoed for insurance purposes so why not.

Edit:Replays don't need audio unless available. I'm happy just watching the video.

thanks for that

If the 130 year anniversary guernsey has a retro thin sash I'll buy it otherwise it'll just be a regular guernsey with names on it.

The thin sash is a nod to premierships we've won wearing the thin sash (We've worn a thinner sash in all of our flags)
Here's one I prepared earlier. The player names can be in gold

310e8f2b1491a4972f338d0da7e06e63.jpg

Hey I dunno where to post this so I'm posting it here. RFC official do you know if there's a place one can make suggestions to the AFL Umpiring Association?
I feel I wanna make a suggestion.

An American friend here in Japan has been watching the Tigers with me since 2012 and he made the point that the game can feel a little negative. Negative because it is frustrating to watch at times and 'cause the players seem frustrated too. And he put this down to the umpires being OVERLY involved, specifically things like calling "play on" when a player takes a field mark and as they run backwards to take their kick, they go over their "line" by even a little. It adds to a feeling of things being too hectic and rushed.
I agree and reckon that our game is meant to just let little things like that go and flow naturally. Reward the mark and even if he runs back at an angle and "goes over", the mark should stand and let him have his 15-20 seconds, stop rushing the players constantly.

Anyway... worth making the suggestion?? Coming from an foreign viewer who is now quite passionate about the game and the Tigers, thought it was a pretty solid point.

You re *en joking , how could that be when there's no conflicting vfl broadcast happening at same time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back