Quorn / Wilsden Wolves

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
I remember a few years ago about a small, but nevertheless vocal campaign in the local media (up north here anyway) about trying to revive the Quorn Football Club, which last played in the early 2000s before folding due to lack of players (don't quote me here, am trying to did up the article which I think mentioned that, either that or financial troubles).

The "new" club would have either played in the SGL (Spencer Gulf League (Port Augusta and Port Pirie teams)), or the NAFA (Northern Areas Football Association).

Anyway, does anyone in the know know what the current situation regarding this? Am simply curious as to see what eventuated!

I remember a few years ago about a small, but nevertheless vocal campaign in the local media (up north here anyway) about trying to revive the Quorn Football Club, which last played in the early 2000s before folding due to lack of players (don't quote me here, am trying to did up the article which I think mentioned that, either that or financial troubles).

The "new" club would have either played in the SGL (Spencer Gulf League (Port Augusta and Port Pirie teams)), or the NAFA (Northern Areas Football Association).

Anyway, does anyone in the know know what the current situation regarding this? Am simply curious as to see what eventuated!

Blimey, I just saw this. I played for Quorn way back in 197something. Nice oval, apart from the squawking cockies [birds not farmers] in the nearby gum trees. Sad to hear it folded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back