News R.I.P. Nintendo President Satoru Iwata

Remove this Banner Ad

Part of me is surprised that he's only Nintendo's fourth President. Second as far as Nintendo's video gaming business goes. But Hiroshi Yamauchi was a freaking epic stalwart.

Yamauchi was a bit of a badass, never afraid to step on people's toes. He didn't really know much about videogames but he was a damned prodigy when it came to business. In the 80's and 90's he transformed them from a humble card maker to a videogame juggernaut. To this day my parents still refer to all videogame consoles as Nintendo's. That's some pretty epic brand awareness. (or lack thereof)

There are now people saying that the reason why Iwata has been shown as a puppet lately is because they didn't want people to see how bad he looked dying from the cancer.

Really sad stuff.

There are now people saying that the reason why Iwata has been shown as a puppet lately is because they didn't want people to see how bad he looked dying from the cancer.

Really sad stuff.

I did see one recent photo of him and he looked very gaunt. * cancer.

I only just learned he was the brains behind the original Pokemon Gold/Silver having Kanto.

The whole after Elite Four in Gold/Silver made for the best surprise in gaming as a kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back