Game Day R10 2024: Euro-Yroke v Walyalup (The Ross Lyon Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Kilda is in a weak spot right now so realistically, they should be ripe for the taking and we should look to make an example out of them, but in the most Fremantle way possible I wouldn't be surprised if we end up losing, to St Kilda of all teams will piss me off to no end.

The first time Ross Lyon coached against the Dockers was round 9, 2007.

John Howard was prime minister, Maroon 5 were top of the charts and Phar Lap was still dead.

It is the only time he has lost a game coaching against Fremantle.
To be honest, I thought he lost a few games coaching against us when he was our coach too.

They are going to get pumped. We'll be back baby.
I'm tipping a 40 point win for us and a score over 100. WE need to have Clark play wing. He will get tagged this week for sure so if we play him off wing if he gets tagged the effect will be to rob the saints of an attacking player on the wing and make it harder for them to get forward fiftty entries.

I think if we lose this I mentally check out for the year.
Lyon has a habit of getting his players running through walls for games like this so I'm not in the least bit confident.
But I watched them last week and they were terrible. If we can't beat them put a line through us.
Ross does have a shocking record in Tassie & against Hawthorn though.

I'm tipping a 40 point win for us and a score over 100. WE need to have Clark play wing. He will get tagged this week for sure so if we play him off wing if he gets tagged the effect will be to rob the saints of an attacking player on the wing and make it harder for them to get forward fiftty entries.
You wouldn’t think St Kilda will be as organised as Sydney behind the ball. This would reduce the effectiveness of any Clark-tagging efforts right off the bat.

Option A for Clark is always half back. We don’t want to rob ourselves of that weapon. Certainly not because of one week where it was disrupted. Hopefully the coaches have come up with some strategies to counter/reduce the effectiveness of any targeting of Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horse Longmire outcoached us again on Friday night. Sure, it was poor kicking on goal which undid us but his control of Clark, and using chaos ball going in to take away our intercept game, went a long way in giving them the upper hand.

If Bud-fancier Lyon took notice and tries to do the same, it will be interesting. I don't think they have the cattle up front to maximise chaos delivery.

He'll stick to effort and trying to get the ball in the hands of Hilly and Milera-Wanganeen. Long bombs to King/Membery.

If we are disciplined and have a plan for Clark or Ryan being blanketed, then we'll be okay.

It would be nice for Dogga to get his shaggy dog mojo back. Let him out of the car, Longmuir. He's been on a long trip. He needs to stretch the legs and run in some big crazy circles.

Watching the game from the nose bleeds , it was like watching an old cowboy movie from my young days.
Sydney were the attackers in our forward line, they surrounded our players into a circle and allowed them to play keep it off . all the while tightening the screws by converging in numbers on the players from Freo, forcing them to hand ball, then another and another. all the while making the circle smaller. Then stealing the ball and away they went.
We need to release far more quickly,even if it is a grubber kick forward.
I still think we need to get Freddy into the game at first bounce. He provides the run and stun we need. when in possession his run breaks the lines, yes lines, not a line.Far too often we see him alone in the middle of the ground and calling for the ball. So often he is ignored.Very few players can run him down when he is on the fly.Getting the ball in quicker also gives our forwards a chance to be one on one or even better, be by themselves on a lead.
They use Sharp as a line breaker on the wing, but mostly refuse to use Freddy on a run down the middle of the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back