Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be

Rankine out inj. - dowling in

Laird out cause he’s a fxxkn hack who’s barely sanfl standard - shoey in

ROB out cause he’s a fxxkn hack who’s barely sanfl standard - give strawnie a run

Smith out cooked - Ryan in

What it will be…

Rankine out inj.. hopefully dowling in..

R.O.B just has to go. Strachan may not be the answer, but there needs to be accountability for those sort of performances. If we're ok dropping younger players, then the blowtorch also needs to be applied to senior players. Laird and Smith too.

There needs to be a "man conversion " with RoB.

He barely trains at the moment with his study load, it is showing on game day.

His future is medicine. Time to make a decision.

He used to be a reliable mark of the ball, and albeit a bit "gumby", he was good in traffic as a link up player. Similar with field kicking.

Now struggles around the ground and his tapwork has dropped off in quality as well.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There needs to be a "man conversion " with RoB.

He barely trains at the moment with his study load, it is showing on game day.

His future is medicine. Time to make a decision.

He used to be a reliable mark of the ball, and albeit a bit "gumby", he was good in traffic as a link up player. Similar with field kicking.

Now struggles around the ground and his tapwork has dropped off in quality as well.

Dropping him is the most obvious decision in the world. He's a liability.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

icegif-1321.gif

Season is shot.

Get Pedlar's shoulder operated on now so he's ready to go for preseason.

Smith out. Laird to defence.

Dowling and Ryan in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dropping him is the most obvious decision in the world. He's a liability.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would play Hberg as main Ruck and bring in Gollant. Have Gollant secind Ruck.

Not sure about Strachan.

RoB has nice hitout stats, but he never dominates in Ruck.

Gain a lot more than we lose.

Seasons over. Drop those players who lack composure when the heat is on. They are no use to us.

Jones
Murphy
McHenry
Keays
ROB

Bring in new blood
I'd keep Keays. Defensively we need him up fwd.
Drop Smith instead

I would play Hberg as main Ruck and bring in Gollant. Have Gollant secind Ruck.

Not sure about Strachan.

RoB has nice hitout stats, but he never dominates in Ruck.

Gain a lot more than we lose.

Strachan is just ROB with less hitouts and looks less unco but is equally useless

Rankine for Schoenberg is the obvious one. Possible they'll want another tall defender, I think that will be about it for changes. Dropping ROB doesn't do much as we don't have an alternative in that spot, unless we're going to try to run with Himmelberg and Burgess or something.

How far away is Pedlar? Think it would be good to get him back in the forward line if Rankine is going to play more midfield time.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall during Laird’s video review. He was absolutely horrendous in all 4 quarters but it would be fun to hear the bullshit justifications for inexplicably keeping him around to infest the midfield with incompetent decision making, horrendous skills and an uncanny knack for trailing his man to the ball.

We're playing West Coast at home

Should be a debutant minimum plus Curtin straight back in
Unfortunately Nicks uses these games to reward senior players and their continuity credits.

There are at least seven changes that should happen next week.
Out: Smith, McHenry, Jones, Laird and O'Brien at an absolute minimum should be omitted. Walker should be rested, Rankine is out injured.

Ins should be Strachan (replacing O'Brien), Curtin and Dowling (replacing Smith and Jones), Taylor (replacing Laird), Gollant (stepping in for Walker). Berry can take the sub role. Not sure who gets the last spot and replaces Rankine. I'd rather give Schoenberg an extra week before bringing him back in, but I wouldn't be completely opposed to it. They make far worse decisions on a regular basis.
Time to build for the future now.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back