Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
Not that I care one iota about this bloke, but:
After 228 games without suspension, retired Adelaide defender Ben Rutten has been charged with striking in his last match.
The 31-year-old can accept a reprimand for striking St Kilda's Adam Schneider well off the ball with his right elbow in Sunday's clash at Adelaide Oval.
Due to his six-year good record, he can accept a reprimand and 70.31 carryover points for the incident, which was assessed as reckless conduct, low impact and high contact.​

Weren't off the ball incidents deemed intentional now? Hence Fyfe was charged with intentionally striking Jordan Lewis??

Or is this just the standard "chip on the shoulder" crap that I and other Freo supporters get accused of?

FWIW and seeing as Schneider was the victim, I am more than happy for this to go unpunished... ;)

Not that I care one iota about this bloke, but:
After 228 games without suspension, retired Adelaide defender Ben Rutten has been charged with striking in his last match.
The 31-year-old can accept a reprimand for striking St Kilda's Adam Schneider well off the ball with his right elbow in Sunday's clash at Adelaide Oval.
Due to his six-year good record, he can accept a reprimand and 70.31 carryover points for the incident, which was assessed as reckless conduct, low impact and high contact.​

Weren't off the ball incidents deemed intentional now? Hence Fyfe was charged with intentionally striking Jordan Lewis??

Or is this just the standard "chip on the shoulder" crap that I and other Freo supporters get accused of?

FWIW and seeing as Schneider was the victim, I am more than happy for this to go unpunished... ;)

No. That was a Fyfe rule. To the letter of the law, but never ever followed again, and quietly shelved within two weeks. That can go alongside kicking and bumping with accidental head contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back