Tim56

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2003
On the fine line between
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Meetings at Sandown and Canterbury we will be having a look at today.

Canterbury

Race 3, no.2: Crums

Beautifully bred (Danehill - Champagne (two time G1 winner) 3YO who should go on to be quite a horse. Gets 1900m which is what he is after, although he did win a Class 2 at Kembla over 1600m last start. S. Seamer rides, barrer 1.

Race 4, no.1: Canny Princess

A risk with 59Kg but is a very classy filly. Beat home no less than Jymcarew over 1600m last prep and then put in a competitive showing in a Melbourne 3YO fillies race won by Hollow Bullet. Each way.

Race 5, no.7: Arunluk

Won maiden last start by 3.5 lengths at Newcastle. Who knows how the form will stack up, but John Hawkes knows what he is doing.

Race 6, no.1: Afraah

If you don't like backing horses at long odds on, stay away from this one. Won four from five and this is no harder. Trained by Gai.

Sandown

Race 2, no.1: Transferral

Durable stayer who last start finished a fast finishing fifth in the Colac Cup - not a bad form line for this. Gets to 2400m which will suit, and D. Oliver rides.

Race 3, no.1: Black Bubble

Sprinter who has at times shown exceptional ability, not least with a seven length win at Moonee Valley last September. Gets back to a much easier class than last start. Take Tarn Princess in the quinella as well.

Hey Tim.
I'm going to back all your selections for the month of march $5 ew. So study up ( because i'm to lazy to ) & all the best.

I'm gonna have a crack at a few tips. I've been following the horses a bit lately and I've see how I go.

Canterbury Race 3, No. 4: Railings

Canterbury Race 5, No. 1: Restless Wind

Canterbury Race 7, No. 4: Canny Louis

Sandown Race 1, No. 5: Poignant

Sandown Race 7, No. 7: Melrose Gardens

Tim56 said:

If you don't like backing horses at long odds on, stay away from this one. Won four from five and this is no harder. Trained by Gai.

Currenlty paying $5.70 on NSW TAB but there's still a long way to the jump and only 9K in the pool.

Who know's what will happen but ill be on her at that price for sure if shes out there with about 10 mins to go before the race.

Unfortunately we can't see Sydney racing on Sky now which is a major major major pain in the ass :mad: :mad:

Rumbo said:
Hey Tim.
I'm going to back all your selections for the month of march $5 ew. So study up ( because i'm to lazy to ) & all the best.

Off to a winning start. Outlay $50 - Return $67- Profit $17 :)

Tim56 said:
Meetings at Sandown and Canterbury we will be having a look at today.

Canterbury

Race 3, no.2: Crums

Beautifully bred (Danehill - Champagne (two time G1 winner) 3YO who should go on to be quite a horse. Gets 1900m which is what he is after, although he did win a Class 2 at Kembla over 1600m last start. S. Seamer rides, barrer 1.

Scratched

Race 4, no.1: Canny Princess

A risk with 59Kg but is a very classy filly. Beat home no less than Jymcarew over 1600m last prep and then put in a competitive showing in a Melbourne 3YO fillies race won by Hollow Bullet. Each way.

3rd, paying $1.40. One to follow.

Race 5, no.7: Arunluk

Won maiden last start by 3.5 lengths at Newcastle. Who knows how the form will stack up, but John Hawkes knows what he is doing.

3rd, paying only $1.04

Won, and I cannot believe it payed $4.80 and $1.90.

Sandown

Race 2, no.1: Transferral

Durable stayer who last start finished a fast finishing fifth in the Colac Cup - not a bad form line for this. Gets to 2400m which will suit, and D. Oliver rides.

Won, paying $2.20 and $1.10.

Race 3, no.1: Black Bubble

Sprinter who has at times shown exceptional ability, not least with a seven length win at Moonee Valley last September. Gets back to a much easier class than last start. Take Tarn Princess in the quinella as well.

Never got into the race, unplaced. Tarn Princess won however.

Nice day, you would have made about $20 or so Rumbo?

Tips: 19

1st: 7

2nd: 2

3rd: 4

Unplaced: 6

Did anyone see Amalienborg in the first today at Canterbury? I backed it but didn't tip it. It missed the start probably four lengths, then charged home down the centre to win by a half length. Quite a run, although I may speak through my pocket.

Ricketts said:
Sky not showing Sydney anymore?

:(
nope.

sydney racing being shown on throroughvision which can be found on Digital Foxtel Channel 520, which is also going to a handful of pubs and clubs (although most have chosen to stick with Sky Channel as they show more racing). Thoroughvision can also be found on the internet, but without an internet accout that's not much use - unless you take your lap top down to the local......

Ricketts said:
Can you ring foxtel to get that channell installed?

How much does it cost?
no idea, but you need digital to do it.

give them a buzz, they'll be able to tell you more.

matty_saints said:
I'm gonna have a crack at a few tips. I've been following the horses a bit lately and I've see how I go.

Canterbury Race 3, No. 4: Railings

Canterbury Race 5, No. 1: Restless Wind

Canterbury Race 7, No. 4: Canny Louis

Sandown Race 1, No. 5: Poignant

Sandown Race 7, No. 7: Melrose Gardens

Railings: Won paid $1.70 and $1.50

Restless Wind: Won paid $3.80 and $1.50

Canny Louis was nowhere.

Poignant got 3rd, however NTD.

Melrose Gardens got 2nd and paid $1.20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricketts said:
Sky not showing Sydney anymore?

:(

If you have cable on your computer , go to 'bigpond sport' & watch the sydney races live.They show the replay of the melbourne races. :)

Ricketts said:
Do you know if you can just add that channel for the $12?

Or to get that channel do you have to get the next package upwards which might be an extra $30 per month?
Just the channel. $12 per YEAR - all said and done, that's it, no worries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back