NO TROLLS Racism Bombshell Claim - Carlton and Essendon Named

Remove this Banner Ad

Well of course they will do that. You and I and everyone knows it.

I don’t necessarily agree with that strategy but at the same time I don’t want to see a tsunami of lawsuits costing the league millions of dollars in lawyer fees as past players from all minority groups queue up for years on end seeking cash payouts.

We might as well fold the entire god damn competition up completely if that is the future of the League.
You need to calm ya farm son.

You’re getting hysterical.

You need to calm ya farm son.

You’re getting hysterical.

Nah back your statement up. You want to throw around that historic Aboriginal racism claims are cash grabs have the balls to say that to Michael’s or Nicky’s face.

Last edited:
Well of course they will do that. You and I and everyone knows it.

I don’t necessarily agree with that strategy but at the same time I don’t want to see a tsunami of lawsuits costing the league millions of dollars in lawyer fees as past players from all minority groups queue up for years on end seeking cash payouts.

We might as well fold the entire god damn competition up completely if that is the future of the League.

But you are ok with the AFL making millions from sportswashing and cultural appropriation for the Dreamtime game and NT games though right?

It's just the compensation for historical racism and exploitation you have an issue with?

The AFL have poured millions of dollars into indigenous football programs and infrastructure over the years ..and you know it.

Millions? Eh...maybe over a million, over many years, but I can assure you it wasn't given to the indigenous as a thank you or a compensatory gift. The programs are detailed here (The AFL's Indigenous programs) and I can't say they are well known, nor do they look like large well funded programs, 90% of the money directed to them probably goes to AFL employee wages and 3rd parties.

Every dollar the AFL spends is an investment in the game, that includes grassroots, community and national level funding, it's all money spent with the intention that it will pay off in the future.

If you believe otherwise then you have a very different opinion on the AFL to most people.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it even makes sense as a cop-out. I've never heard of any time period where if you asked "Is it okay to abuse people?" the answer was "Yes".
In the context of in game to put opposition off? And whether there was a do not cross line? Absolutely there was a time when the answer was yes. We saw it in the “ugly Australian “ cricket team who were well documented to abuse opposition. And that’s much more recent than the 80s

In the context of in game to put opposition off? And whether there was a do not cross line? Absolutely there was a time when the answer was yes. We saw it in the “ugly Australian “ cricket team who were well documented to abuse opposition. And that’s much more recent than the 80s
In Simon Lister's book Fire in Babylon he says that before the 1972 series against Pakistan Ian Chappell made it clear to his team that if he heard any comment prefaced with the word black there'd be problems and both Holding and Lloyd said there was no onfield racism that they experienced here.

In Simon Lister's book Fire in Babylon he says that before the 1972 series against Pakistan Ian Chappell made it clear to his team that if he heard any comment prefaced with the word black there'd be problems and both Holding and Lloyd said there was no onfield racism that they experienced here.
That increases my esteem for Chappell in that age.

That increases my esteem for Chappell in that age.
People have managed to do it but it's hard to be a cricket fan and a racist when the very premise of the racial superiority of whitey is disproven so frequently onfield.

Why was I not surprised with Robbos views on it today?
It was almost as if Kevin wrote the article himself.
Even funnier - it comes only a few days after he was feigning being upset at Clarko calling Webster a **********.

Good to know that implied homophobia is not okay, but explicit racism can be excused lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok …let’s just pay out everyone who’s ever been racially abused while being a listed player on VFL/AFL list.
Let’s say 50,000,000 should cover all claims.

Meanwhile…I’m gunna file a lawsuit against the Victorian government for employing a deranged, mentally ill teacher that I had in grade 4 in the later 70s.

A teacher who used to throw kids across the floor and hurl chairs in the air and throw chalk dusters at our heads in fits of rage because we we’re misbehaving in class.

A teacher who was old and as mad as a hatter and could be heard from other classes screaming abuse at 9 year kids and other teachers did nothing about it.

What about the girl in my class in high school who got smashed over the head with a thick text book in class by another deranged teacher because she was talking while he was “ teaching”.

Do you think I deserve compensation for a year of hell being in fear of this government employee?

Can I claim a cash payment 45 years after the fact?

Chairs being hurled, dusters thrown, screaming, hit over the head with a textbook. All harrowing experiences and unacceptable. What about the little boy I sat next to in the Hell Camps. He had his skull crushed because he wouldn't comply and give up speaking his Aboriginal language. He bled out and died on the floor in front of us. We had to bury him. Or the girls that were raped at night. All you could hear was the sobbing. The boys that were whipped with stock whips and locked in hot tin sheds. Kneeling on rice paper in 45-degree heat and chained to trees. I guess pain and anguish is related to your own experience. Doesn't make any of it right.

Last edited:
Ok …let’s just pay out everyone who’s ever been racially abused while being a listed player on VFL/AFL list.
Let’s say 50,000,000 should cover all claims.

Meanwhile…I’m gunna file a lawsuit against the Victorian government for employing a deranged, mentally ill teacher that I had in grade 4 in the later 70s.

A teacher who used to throw kids across the floor and hurl chairs in the air and throw chalk dusters at our heads in fits of rage because we we’re misbehaving in class.

A teacher who was old and as mad as a hatter and could be heard from other classes screaming abuse at 9 year kids and other teachers did nothing about it.

What about the girl in my class in high school who got smashed over the head with a thick text book in class by another deranged teacher because she was talking while he was “ teaching”.

Do you think I deserve compensation for a year of hell being in fear of this government employee?

Can I claim a cash payment 45 years after the fact?

Unironically if you’ve got longstanding trauma from that yes sue the s**t out of them. That sounds horrific and you and your classmates didn’t deserve that. I’m sorry if anyone has ever told you abuse like that is acceptable. It is absolutely not.

His opinion is as valid as anyone else's opinion.

Live with it, otherwise go live in communist China if you don't want to hear opinions.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
When the subject is aboriginal affairs, I'd give far more weight and validity to the opinions of an actual aboriginal person. They've experienced life as an aboriginal, the vast majority here haven't.

Is this a VFL thing?

Excuse my ignorance but watching WAFL footy in the 70’s & 80’s, full of Indigenous and Ethnic football players, I don’t recall any racial taunts from my side of fence. They were household names and every kid wanted to be Stephen Michael or Les Fong or Peter Menaglio…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back