Discussion Random Chat MegaThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a program which automatically adjusts your screens brightest levels based on your location and the position of the sun. Has a special filter which it applies to varying degrees based on where you are and how bright it's presumed to be at that location. It's meant to reduce eye strain etc. I had it on my iPhone, but you can only get it on there through cydia. It's also available for linux and Windows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iOS7 brought that in as a new feature. Pisses me off when I'm trying to do things descretely on public transport, and my iPhone thinks it needs a brighter screen.

It's not auto-brightness, it's completely different and it's not available on any phones officially as of yet

It's a program which automatically adjusts your screens brightest levels based on your location and the position of the sun. Has a special filter which it applies to varying degrees based on where you are and how bright it's presumed to be at that location. It's meant to reduce eye strain etc. I had it on my iPhone, but you can only get it on there through cydia. It's also available for linux and Windows.

That's it, except it actually adjusts the colour temperature of the screen and not the brightness. So during daylight it has the screen at its normal, almost fluorescent white temperature, but at night when your eyes are tired it reduces the temperature to a warm mild hue. I have it on my MacBook and once you go f.lux you don't go back.

Try it!

It's not auto-brightness, it's completely different and it's not available on any phones officially as of yet

That's it, except it actually adjusts the colour temperature of the screen and not the brightness. So during daylight it has the screen at its normal, almost fluorescent white temperature, but at night when your eyes are tired it reduces the temperature to a warm mild hue. I have it on my MacBook and once you go f.lux you don't go back.

Try it!
does it drain battery?
does it help battery?

I'm not 100% sure on the science but f.lux seems to work, makes viewing a computer at night so much better. It works similar to those Gunnars glasses if anyone is familiar with them.

Try it!
Just installed it on my laptop

I know I'm gonna come on here in a week and think somethings wrong with my screen ^_^

Just installed it on my laptop

I know I'm gonna come on here in a week and think somethings wrong with my screen ^_^

Tell me what you think! The only annoying thing is hearing your phone go off while you're using your computer at night and then you get the white light of your phone again. But it can actually work as a deterrent to not check your phone after a certain time – not that I do that much anyway

Tell me what you think! The only annoying thing is hearing your phone go off while you're using your computer at night and then you get the white light of your phone again. But it can actually work as a deterrent to not check your phone after a certain time – not that I do that much anyway
Yeah, Already done that to myself tonight. Quickly chucked my phone on night mode. Won't get any notifications until 8 tomorrow.

I use f.lux on my laptop and desktop, and an app called Twilight on my phone that does the same thing. Mind you I don't have my phone set to gradually change, I just turn it on full when I go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back