Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it work?
Doesn't seem to have :( Not sure if you can tag yourself , perhaps that doesn't notify you??

Used to receive them and have not changed my alert notification settings so not sure what is happening. Seem to be getting the other alert notifications just not the tagged one. A bit strange. Doesnt seem to be a general problem at all, just me :(

So I'm home sick from work and a man has come over to fix our heater. The unit is located in my pool room, which I've recently redecorated and I've got all my sports memorabilia adorning the walls--the latest being my 150th year Carlton print.
My bedroom is next to the pool room, and I can hear mum lead the heater man into the room. He says "Oh cool, who goes for Carlton? Great time!" and I can just picture the wheels turning in mum's head. Quick as anything, "oh, that's my gorgeous 26 year old daughter. She loves Carlton! Single too..."
He quickly explained that he's married with a new baby. Smooth moves, Mama Meb. Now I can't leave my room until he leaves. :mad:

So I'm home sick from work and a man has come over to fix our heater. The unit is located in my pool room, which I've recently redecorated and I've got all my sports memorabilia adorning the walls--the latest being my 150th year Carlton print.
My bedroom is next to the pool room, and I can hear mum lead the heater man into the room. He says "Oh cool, who goes for Carlton? Great time!" and I can just picture the wheels turning in mum's head. Quick as anything, "oh, that's my gorgeous 26 year old daughter. She loves Carlton! Single too..."
He quickly explained that he's married with a new baby. Smooth moves, Mama Meb. Now I can't leave my room until he leaves. :mad:
Ugh, parents are the last people in the universe you want setting you up with anyone!

Didn't check his finger either, rookie mistake!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh, parents are the last people in the universe you want setting you up with anyone!

Didn't check his finger either, rookie mistake!
Some tradies that have to get hands in tight spaces take them off for work.

Missus deals with Alot of 'de-gloving' nearly 1 case a day due to wedding bands

Probably wasn't wearing a ring. Trust me when I say that the ring finger is the FIRST thing Mama Meb checks when meeting any man between the ages of 24 and 40. She lives in eternal hope that I'll meet "The One" and give up on the "career-woman caper".

Probably wasn't wearing a ring. Trust me when I say that the ring finger is the FIRST thing Mama Meb checks when meeting any man between the ages of 24 and 40. She lives in eternal hope that I'll meet "The One" and give up on the "career-woman caper".
Coz no woman with a job is married :rolleyes:

You know, i thought of that just after i wrote it. Seen some nasty pics of wedding bands that have got caught on things. Horrible stuff.
Yea missus works at LRH emergency dept and says she gets about 1 a day mainly farmers getting out of a tractor or something.

Coz no woman with a job is married :rolleyes:

My family is old school. They'd be happy for me to have a job, but because I have a specific career plan it scares the s**t out of them. My grandpa sat me down on my last visit and told me that I'm being selfish cos I haven't given my mother grandchildren yet.
Boooooo hisssss!!!

I'm impressed as * that you've got a pool room. :):thumbsu::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back