Club History Random moments in Swans history

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember at least here in tas the Saturday arvo games in mid 90s weren’t live, so it was hope we were on abc radio or watch the second half replay at 4 30 knowing usually we had lost

In 96 we were playing north in roos 300th and I was playing outside and mum yelled out the swans replay was starting why don’t I watch and I presumed she was just taking the piss cos no doubt we lost, but nah we killed them.

Was so odd to get used to us being a top team
Was at the game out at Optus too. For memory they were building the legends stand and was a completely open eastern end. After looking at the line of about 16000 people lining up for a tram back into town, we ended up walking back. Pretty sure only three or four trams had gone past by the time we got back to flinders street. I always say, going through the early 90's as a swans supporter makes every win all that more special. It was fascinating how many Bombers supporters of my age threw in the towel after two years of being down after the drugs saga as they didn't know how to deal with it.

In 1998 I remember round 4 at the WACA we beat the eagles and schwass kicked 5
Goals

Thought we would win the flag until Kelly got injured later that year

That 98 side was a good team
Was that when Schwass first joined us and we hand't beaten WC at Perth for ages (or maybe ever) ? Schwatta was huge for us.

Watching that was the season that was 1978

John Scarlett gets a clear free for south Melbourne but takes a while to recover /get up v Carlton, it take so long the umpire then goes to ball up and players are like wtf mate it’s a free kick, then the ump gives Carlton a free because the swans players argued

Think that umpires still haunting us

Random games

One of my first games watching live was in 98 against Geelong. Sat at the top of the old Bradman Stand and he a perfect view as the Swans won by 100+

One of McGlynn’s first games as a Swan. Against Adelaide away and kicked 5, and the commentators nicknamed him the gopher because he kept popping up everywhere.

Brent Piltz in his one and only game for us, twanged his hammy. Also (not) memorable for the fact we capitulated to lose by a few points and that spud Alessia kicked 4.

Game out at ANZ where Kennelly kicked a great goal after doing a spin around Voss.

Random games

One of my first games watching live was in 98 against Geelong. Sat at the top of the old Bradman Stand and he a perfect view as the Swans won by 100+

One of McGlynn’s first games as a Swan. Against Adelaide away and kicked 5, and the commentators nicknamed him the gopher because he kept popping up everywhere.

Brent Piltz in his one and only game for us, twanged his hammy. Also (not) memorable for the fact we capitulated to lose by a few points and that spud Alessia kicked 4.

Game out at ANZ where Kennelly kicked a great goal after doing a spin around Voss.
They Adelaide game I'm pretty sure McGlynn then got injured in the last quarter and was out for 3-4 weeks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this counts as a random moment but its one of my favourites. Loved Bradshaw as a player and was really happy when we got him, although things didn't work out he still provided this highlight!

Not sure if this counts as a random moment but its one of my favourites. Loved Bradshaw as a player and was really happy when we got him, although things didn't work out he still provided this highlight!

We were sat pretty much directly behind the left hand goal post (as Bradshaw would see it) - that was absolutely never missing the time it left the boot. Still a favourite moment of mine too!

The McCartin soccer goal last night won't be easily forgotten either :)

We were sat pretty much directly behind the left hand goal post (as Bradshaw would see it) - that was absolutely never missing the time it left the boot. Still a favourite moment of mine too!

The McCartin soccer goal last night won't be easily forgotten either :)

Yep up there already with some great goals like Gary Rohan v the dons or pluggers point (well not a goal ) but just in terms of theatre

Since people liked my previous post, here's another one of my favourite random memories. Paul Roos' reaction is an absolute highlight, as is the commentary

Since people liked my previous post, here's another one of my favourite random memories. Paul Roos' reaction is an absolute highlight, as is the commentary

Grundy quick low kick forward and multiple forward options...w[crazy

Good clip too

Wouldn't be a swans match without Dunstall crying for a free kick to be paid against the swans. campaigner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back