Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are they friends with the illuminati?
There was actually a documentary on them not long ago on one of geographical channels how they have meetings Twice a yr or something.. Obama and all the powerfull leaders attend! and have attended for the last 50 yrs or so its actually a Fact ..

In fairness to Niko with the recent U.S Midterms resulting in a Republican senate the President and the Democrats has little (from what I understand) legislative power for the rest of their term and is only left the not insignificant executive power. I'm no expert on the U.S political system but from what I gather from the articles I've read about it that's my superficial understanding of the dynamics of U.S politics atm.

As for the comment about the Bilderberg Group, multilateral meetings between various leaders of world politics and business and such is more a sign of international co-operation than any sign of a NWO or a one-world government. In an increasingly globalised world multilateral forums and meetings are more important now than they ever have been.

In fairness to Niko with the recent U.S Midterms resulting in a Republican senate the President and the Democrats has little (from what I understand) legislative power for the rest of their term and is only left the not insignificant executive power. I'm no expert on the U.S political system but from what I gather from the articles I've read about it that's my superficial understanding of the dynamics of U.S politics atm.

As for the comment about the Bilderberg Group, multilateral meetings between various leaders of world politics and business and such is more a sign of international co-operation than any sign of a NWO or a one-world government. In an increasingly globalised world multilateral forums and meetings are more important now than they ever have been.
Yeah ok everyone co operating instead of nwo i get what ur saying but from what iv read and all the secrecy leaves me abit in the middle...

Heard today that Obama's entourage wanted to get a round about broken down at one of the university of queenslands bus stops. They said it impeded them if a fast getaway was required. Apparently the transport minister laughed it straight out of the room. He said he wouldn't sanction it even if they paid. They told him they never planned on paying anyway.

It's no Aaron black re-signing (news wise) but it's up there...

It's ridiculous, the average american will whinge incessantly about Obama and how he's "ROOND ER CURNTRY", yet polling time will roll around... and they won't vote.
And their Gun Laws and College shootings are just part of life aswell..

It's ridiculous, the average american will whinge incessantly about Obama and how he's "ROOND ER CURNTRY", yet polling time will roll around... and they won't vote.
Liberty v Equality, l'll take the constitutional monarchy over the Republican system everyday of the week.

To be fair, do you expect voter turnout would be much higher in Oz if we didn't have compulsory voting? As strongly as I care about governance recent 'choices' leave me wishing this was an option, beyond voting informal.

To be fair, do you expect voter turnout would be much higher in Oz if we didn't have compulsory voting? As strongly as I care about governance recent 'choices' leave me wishing this was an option, beyond voting informal.
As my politics lecturer told me in my first politics lecture, Australians are politically lazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liberty v Equality, l'll take the constitutional monarchy over the Republican system everyday of the week.
Firstly, I think you mean "their Republican system". ;) Making out it's US republicanism or constitutional monarchy is a Howardeseque ploy K4e, and that's not a compliment. :p

It's a particularly strange state of affairs when the both houses are of a different persuasion to the President. It's usually one (the Senate?!) iirc, not both. The increased use of the Executive Powers raises questions about democracy, but so too does the structural bind US government finds itself in.

As my politics lecturer told me in my first politics lecture, Australians are politically lazy.
Apathetic I would suggest. I'd like to think the comment that "voters aren't apathetic, they are disillusioned idealists" is right. But I tend to think you're right, not helped by ignorance. Nowhere near enough political education at the high school level; should be compulsory, like a driver's license.

Firstly, I think you mean "their Replubican system". ;) Making out it's US republicanism or constitutional monarchy is a Howardeseque ploy K4e, and that's not a compliment. :p

It's a particularly strange state of affairs when the both houses are of a different persuasion to the President. It's usually one (the Senate?!) iirc, not both. The increased use of the Executive Powers raises questions about democracy, but so too does the structural bind US government finds itself in.
I should have clarified the US republican model with their bill of rights too, with too much emphasis on the private and the right of the individual. I am still content with our system, propose a healthy republican system and l'll be happy to listen. Howard was alright now, come ono_O;). The republican system in the US model (even in the late Roman republic in the first century BCE, when Horace was middle aged) has always grappled with the executive v legislative power and finding a balance to ensure the people obtain their democratic and liberal rights.

Apathetic I would suggest. I'd like to think the comment that "voters aren't apathetic, they are disillusioned idealists" is right. But I tend to think you're right, not helped by ignorance. Nowhere near enough political education at the high school level; should be compulsory, like a driver's license.
Bang right on the head, the constitutional monarchical crisis with Whitlam in 1975showed this, most countries would have month long riots over that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back