Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very interesting article in today's Age written by Caroline Wilson.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ngs-large-again-over-afl-20150324-1m6stw.html

This particularly caught my eye.

"Later, in 2013, one Magpies footballer turned up to a training session in an alarmingly unfit state only to be bundled up and sent home by a senior staffer. The player is now at another club."

Any clues as to who this might be?

My initial guess is Wellingham and hey he's now with West Coast of all clubs. However, I thought he left Collingwood at the end of 2012.
I thought he left in 2013.

As someone commented in the MCG price drop discussion, it is explicit acknowledgement that they've been ripping us off for years.

**** that, I'm buying a hip flask this year (yeah, I lost the last one).

Yep, just like supermarket's advertising they're dropping prices on things like bread and milk.

$3 pies on Sunday - cheap price, but the cynic in me says that they've thought Sundays is the weakest day attendance-wise, so less revenue there - how about make the pies cheaper so it looks like we're in touch with the public, but in reality, only want to draw people in to make further revenue/make up for the financial shortfall of footy on Sundays.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For our household it was the same with The Wiggles.

I can safely say that if Greg (Original Yellow Wiggle) ever comes near me he WILL be getting a housebrick to the face.
u-mad-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back