Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxtel's iQ3 is shyte.

Has anyone else taken the plunge and upgraded? It's been released years before the actual software matches it's ambitions, obviously to counter the release of Netflix, and is inundated with bugs.

Foxtel's iQ3 is shyte.

Has anyone else taken the plunge and upgraded? It's been released years before the actual software matches it's ambitions, obviously to counter the release of Netflix, and is inundated with bugs.

A family member of mine works for foxtel. Raves about it.

It's shitful.

Round 11, Saturday 13th June. North Melbourne vs Sydney 7:20pm.

Victory Room - be there!!!!!..........by 9am?? or.......... FAIL??

My exam for this semester is at Docklands Stadium the morning of our Swans game. What the hell??

Are they TRYING to make it as hard as possible for me to concentrate?????

Watched a French movie around 5 years ago where from memory this guy wins a prize to a contest in this seedy hotel . When he arrives he works out the last one alive wins a million dollars. Anyone know the name of it?

Watched a French movie around 5 years ago where from memory this guy wins a prize to a contest in this seedy hotel . When he arrives he works out the last one alive wins a million dollars. Anyone know the name of it?
It just so happens I've been researching French film of late. I haven't come across one that fits your description, but I can comfortably confirm that it's not Emmanuelle I,II, III, IV or V.

Some snobby rich chick....who married some snobby rich bloke of German descent... whose family run England had a baby......

Big deal.
Abbott to present royal baby with Australia's very best piece of coal.

coal-620x400.jpg

Foxtel's iQ3 is shyte.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsu:

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsu:

No worries. My advice is to avoid upgrading. It currently drops the series link off shows without explanation, fails to record some shows, the tv guide stops working so you can't set it to record, doesn't display how much HDD space remains, and all of that comes once you get used to the operational differences with your day to day use. If you press stop during playing a show you have to press library, arrow down to recorded, find your show again then press play, and even then it may or may not return to the point of the show that you were up to. It sucks! The benefits are the FF speed (x60) and additional capacity but that's only useful if the prick of a thing records what you've set it to record earlier. I always watch games when I get home from attending, and Saturday night's was listed as recorded. It should have said that the recording went for 180 mins. Instead it stated 0 mins. Sure enough, I try to watch the recording and there's nothing there. Not only that but I couldn't delete it.

I had a rant to some Phillipino who answered the Foxtel number last night and she was most sympathetic, saying that they're inundated with complaints and requests to return the iQ3 boxes and return the iQ2 one they'd given up, going on to say "Telstra knows it's riddled with bugs and simply isn't near providing people what they think they're paying for at this stage".

She advised me to call their number and when Mike bloody Hammond asks me to state what the nature of my call is say "change", which would direct me to an area whose sole responsibility is handling the huge number of calls asking for a change back to the former setup.

No worries. My advice is to avoid upgrading. It currently drops the series link off shows without explanation, fails to record some shows, the tv guide stops working so you can't set it to record, doesn't display how much HDD space remains, and all of that comes once you get used to the operational differences with your day to day use. If you press stop during playing a show you have to press library, arrow down to recorded, find your show again then press play, and even then it may or may not return to the point of the show that you were up to. It sucks! The benefits are the FF speed (x60) and additional capacity but that's only useful if the prick of a thing records what you've set it to record earlier. I always watch games when I get home from attending, and Saturday night's was listed as recorded. It should have said that the recording went for 180 mins. Instead it stated 0 mins. Sure enough, I try to watch the recording and there's nothing there. Not only that but I couldn't delete it.

I had a rant to some Phillipino who answered the Foxtel number last night and she was most sympathetic, saying that they're inundated with complaints and requests to return the iQ3 boxes and return the iQ2 one they'd given up, going on to say "Telstra knows it's riddled with bugs and simply isn't near providing people what they think they're paying for at this stage".

She advised me to call their number and when Mike bloody Hammond asks me to state what the nature of my call is say "change", which would direct me to an area whose sole responsibility is handling the huge number of calls asking for a change back to the former setup.
Ladies and Gentleman, this is what you call a "Complaint for Expression!" I hear you TT, I hear you mate. Sounds horrendous; both the technology and the whole dealing with it process. (How much of our lives, by the way, get used up dealing with customer 'service' centres?)

small000006726320Small.jpg

Ladies and Gentleman, this is what you call a "Complaint for Expression!" I hear you TT, I hear you mate. Sounds horrendous; both the technology and the whole dealing with it process. (How much of our lives, by the way, get used up dealing with customer 'service' centres?)

small000006726320Small.jpg

Despite the foibles of Saturday night's recording stuff up it was when I went to watch AFL 360 last night, to discover it not only no longer series linked but displaying an empty recording, which tipped me over the edge, prompting me to rant to some foreigner like they were named Luke Hodge.

The most inhumane part of what TT has had to deal with - he couldn't delete the NM v Haw game!

I still haven't watched my recording of the match yet, but I expect the satisfaction of deleting it to be one of the potential highlights!

The most inhumane part of what TT has had to deal with - he couldn't delete the NM v Haw game!

I still haven't watched my recording of the match yet, but I expect the satisfaction of deleting it to be one of the potential highlights!

The last ten minutes were the worst. It was like the big dog cocking a leg and pissing on our carcass having already knocked us to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you were at least nice to the people you spoke to tt.

I currently work in a complaints and escalations area and the crap I cop on a daily basis for s**t I have zero control over is quite literally depressing me.

People just get the faceless Joe and unleash. Not saying anything about you but the people talk to who abuse me day in day out don't realise as soon as the call ends their problem stops but I have a 3min timer to get back onto the next stream of abuse.

I currently work in a complaints and escalations area and the crap I cop on a daily basis for s**t I have zero control over is quite literally depressing me.

People just get the faceless Joe and unleash. Not saying anything about you but the people talk to who abuse me day in day out don't realise as soon as the call ends their problem stops but I have a 3min timer to get back onto the next stream of abuse.

Ever thought about changing jobs?

Round 11, Saturday 13th June. North Melbourne vs Sydney 7:20pm.

Victory Room - be there!!!!!..........by 9am?? or.......... FAIL??

My exam for this semester is at Docklands Stadium the morning of our Swans game. What the hell??

Are they TRYING to make it as hard as possible for me to concentrate?????
Think of it as just a test of character and concentrate :) That'fix 'em :)

I began by stating that I feel I've been sold a lemon, the product isn't as advertised, the extra money spent a complete waste, and hence I wish to replace it with my old iQ2 unit and be refunded every cent forked out in the interim, and we chatted from there. The person on the other end was excellent and very empathetic and understanding. I couldn't give two hoots how she, nor any other representative of the company unlucky enough to answer my call feels though. I've been ripped off and want the situation sorted and adequately recompensed, end of. We got along very well though so yeah, no problems and no angst. I even learnt she had tomorrow off and she was hoping to spend the day fishing for trout on a local lake South of Manilla.

I began by stating that I feel I've been sold a lemon, the product isn't as advertised, the extra money spent a complete waste, and hence I wish to replace it with my old iQ2 unit and be refunded every cent forked out in the interim, and we chatted from there. The person on the other end was excellent and very empathetic and understanding. I couldn't give two hoots how she, nor any other representative of the company unlucky enough to answer my call feels though. I've been ripped off and want the situation sorted and adequately recompensed, end of. We got along very well though so yeah, no problems and no angst. I even learnt she had tomorrow off and she was hoping to spend the day fishing for trout on a local lake South of Manilla.

Out of habit I always ask where the person is located. I've traveled the world through call centers!!

Apart from most Aussie cities, I've also had Auckland, Wellington, Manilla, Bangkok, New Delhi, Cape Town, London, Edinburgh, Memphis, Houston, San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver. I should ask for a postcard each time from now on.

Funnily enough, with my ISP I will actually AVOID ringing during Australian business hours if I can because they are grumpy disagreeable shits, while Auckland, Manilla and Cape Town are the friendliest people and fall over themselves to help out (usually when I'm late paying their bill and need reconnection).

Ever thought about changing jobs?
I have. But there's not much around.

The job I'm trained for is impossible to get into. Sold into a science degree by the govt and then a new govt comes in and strips back jobs in the sector.

I have. But there's not much around.

The job I'm trained for is impossible to get into. Sold into a science degree by the govt and then a new govt comes in and strips back jobs in the sector.
F***ed isn't it. The field I'm trained for through university etc is hard going too. So I'm working in a factory with a pack of dead-s**t c***s. Shits me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back