Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to defence spend which is predicated on mutual destruction theory, the spending on human endeavour into space is a drop in the ocean.
Yep. And the activites that occur as a consequence of that spend cause a significant portion of the issues Horace refers to.

There are so many ways in which we piss money up against the wall through cost/benefit analysis. Space exploration is a loooooooong way down that list.

The current Mars mission has a total budget just over 2.5 billion US and has been running for 5 years.

Yet last year 15 nations spent 1.8 trillion USD on buying weapons and running their armies. Or maybe if humans werent such dicks that we are willing to lose 400 billion a year gambling we could use some of that money to help. Or maybe the system didnt take advantage of our individual greed and focus on our own personal wealth by encouraging our engagement in a ridiculously over inflated housing market we would have a bit more to spend on helping others.

There are a myriad of ways in which we as a species utterly waste our resources to the detriment of many of our most needy. Exploring new worlds to learn how we came to be is a fair way down the list i reckon.

Thank you Carl Sagan & Brian Cox.

I spent a good half hour reading the comments on a US news site under the story mentioning Obama's reaction and you're right Harro, nothing will change. It boggles the mind, and I have genuine interest and concern as I have very close family and many friends who live there, and who have kids attending high schools. It's utter madness and it continues to do my head in.
Honestly feel sorry for Obama, you can see in his reactions during these tragedies that he wants to do something but his hands are tied by those behind him. Lends weight to the claim that the American president is a puppet controlled by the parties and backers in the background.

Had to run the political line last night but he threw out some real barbs at the American Government, people and the gun groups.

As news companies are reporting, this could be what defines him as a president.

I saw figjam on the GF pre game crap on Ch7 as I walked by the TV and thought what perfect karma it would be if NMFC managed to convince Treloar to change his mind to nominate North instead of the pies...

Honestly feel sorry for Obama, you can see in his reactions during these tragedies that he wants to do something but his hands are tied by those behind him. Lends weight to the claim that the American president is a puppet controlled by the parties and backers in the background.

Had to run the political line last night but he threw out some real barbs at the American Government, people and the gun groups.

As news companies are reporting, this could be what defines him as a president.

don't worry it will all change when Trump is running the country.

The current Mars mission has a total budget just over 2.5 billion US and has been running for 5 years.

Yet last year 15 nations spent 1.8 trillion USD on buying weapons and running their armies. Or maybe if humans werent such dicks that we are willing to lose 400 billion a year gambling we could use some of that money to help. Or maybe the system didnt take advantage of our individual greed and focus on our own personal wealth by encouraging our engagement in a ridiculously over inflated housing market we would have a bit more to spend on helping others.

There are a myriad of ways in which we as a species utterly waste our resources to the detriment of many of our most needy. Exploring new worlds to learn how we came to be is a fair way down the list i reckon.

I cannot agree more on the absolute waste of money, but even more the waste of human life, in the mindless pursuit of equipping armies and engaging in warfare. But I'm not sure there is anything that will ever prevent that from continuing. As long as there is a lack of trust between human beings, there will always be wars.

In my view we don't need to spend money on exploring Mars.

I cannot agree more on the absoluteludicrous money, but even more the waste of human life, in the mindless pursuit of equipping armies and engaging in warfare. But I'm not sure there is anything that will ever prevent that from continuing. As long as there is a lack of trust between human beings, there will always be wars.

In my view we don't need to spend money on exploring Mars.

This is why they spend so much on defence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction

And it is completely ludicrous, countries spending money to make other countries fear them so much the second country will spend more money to make the first scared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after I got torn into North for rookieing Max Warren and wasting squad space with a failed ploy ...

Anyone remember Alan Obst? Another member of the terrible "rookie an existing player with the hope he will succeed" draft strategy. Speight was like that too and he was in the same draft.

People know I try to defend the club rather than bash it at the first chance. This is something I shake my head about.

So after I got torn into North for rookieing Max Warren and wasting squad space with a failed ploy ...

Anyone remember Alan Obst? Another member of the terrible "rookie an existing player with the hope he will succeed" draft strategy. Speight was like that too and he was in the same draft.

People know I try to defend the club rather than bash it at the first chance. This is something I shake my head about.

It's not like there's any incredible quality that we missed out on with that fourth round rookie pick. The only reason we even took Warren was because Geelong unexpectedly took Cameron Delaney.

It's not like there's any incredible quality that we missed out on with that fourth round rookie pick. The only reason we even took Warren was because Geelong unexpectedly took Cameron Delaney.
So we took a guy that anyone realistically knew would never make it after a few years of already not making it ...

So we took a guy that anyone realistically knew would never make it ...

It was pick a guy who will never make it but could probably fill a stop gap position if the however many ahead of him on the list went down, or pick another guy who would realistically never make it, but also lacks the conditioning to even be fielded if it ever got that bad. So yes.

with what is going on in the world today, i remember this (its from the onion but it kinda true)
960.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back