Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Joel Selwood wins the MVP and/or the Brownlow, they won't have to ask him to duck his head so they can hang the medal around his neck. All they'll have to do is tap his arm with the ribbon and the medal will miraculously be lodged around his neck.

Bleeeeeeeeep, how often do you input the wrong number of e's when logging in?

Just wanna say fair play to the mods who are organizing the player threads.
To go through 40,000 threads over thousands of pages to move them into one, just to make this board better!
Well done

FG's da man mate. He's on fire. The challenge now is to keep things organised.

Edit: just noticed BT's knocked together a Harps megathread too. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Seems I have the touch of death.

I did the player profiles for Harper, Curran and Mckenzie a couple years back.

Huge number of games played between that group so far :(

Seems I have the touch of death.

I did the player profiles for Harper, Curran and Mckenzie a couple years back.

Huge number of games played between that group so far :(

FFS stay away from Sugar's and Sideshow Bob's then.

BxPvX27CEAA3Zsh.jpg

Fascinating. A little depressing in other ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.news.com.au/national/nor...-says-david-king/story-e6frfkp9-1227055718030

Nice to hear that they are "in the conversation." Hope our boys can bridge the gap some day. :$

Untitled.jpg

You have missed one of the many subtle digs King inserts into his pieces when it's on us. Do you think that after the games Ziebell and Cunnington had last week compared to those of Caddy and Guthrie, that King is saying maybe Geelong's kids are over-hyped and King thinks Ziebell and Cunnington don't receive as many accolades yet delivered when it counted.

FFS Kingy loves the club yet tries to maintain somewhat objective when he writes on us but usually doesn't mind subtly knocking the opposition in the process just to remind North fans where his heart really lies. Don't take everything he says so literally (Y).

You reckon Kingy is subtly knocking the Geelong players there? Interesting take.

If you're right (seems very unlikely) then it went completely over my head. Fair enough.

You reckon Kingy is subtly mocking the Geelong players there? Interesting take.

If you're right (seems very unlikely) then it went completely over my head. Fair enough.

Media has been constantly up their asses since they won a flag and all about how good their kids are and if you read further down he says "Geelong has been to the mountain top before — correction, they’re still there. But the reliance has shifted from a workload shared to a workload shouldered by a few senior leaders."

Then the next line 'Joel Selwood stands between the Kangaroos growing up or once again accepting what’s left over. If Selwood can be contained, North wins.'

Considering it was one of our best across the board performances, and without boomer, I read that as saying if we can contain Selwood tomorrow night Kingy doesn't think the players underneath the top 5 best of geelong are good enough to get the job done, unlike if Boomer, wells, Dal Santo, Petrie etc have a bad one there's good enough depth to still get us across the line.

Just read an article on the AFL website where they interviewed Roos defensive coach Josh Drummond.

I thought Drummo was our development coach? Must have missed the upgrade.

Some of the pinpoint kicking out of defense makes a lot more sense now.

Just read an article on the AFL website where they interviewed Roos defensive coach Josh Drummond.

I thought Drummo was our development coach? Must have missed the upgrade.

Some of the pinpoint kicking out of defense makes a lot more sense now.
I think when we poached Gav Brown Drummond made the move to defensive coach.

Good appointment.
Love Drummo used to hear a lot about him from a few Lions supporters with connections and he seems to be a really great bloke. Weapon of a foot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back