Rap Music - "Greatest Rapper"

Remove this Banner Ad

Avril Lavigne has a bit of a rap on one of the tracks on her album, it's pretty special.

I'm glad this board has been renamed, cos the thread wouldn't be well-placed on a music board.

Originally posted by Squeak
I'm glad this board has been renamed, cos the thread wouldn't be well-placed on a music board.

It's not really Entertainment either is it?

Originally posted by hans moleman
yeah, its a good film clip...another one that stands out is company flow's 'end to end burner'.

end to end burners is classic, and stands next to 'drop' by the pharcyde as the best clips.

Hard to really say who the greatest emcees are. Rakim, KRS, Big Daddy Kane, Jay Z, Del, Pos are all worthy. I'd personally lean towards Kool G Rap or Nasty Nas (circa Illmatic). New York street at its finest. Also Q tip from A Tribe Called Quest.

Nowadays the best rappers or at least my favourites are Pharoahe Monch, Common, Eyedea, Ras Kass, Jean Grae, The Brewin, the Quannum collective, and most of the Def Jukies (Aesop Rock, Vordul, Mr Lif). flavour.

Originally posted by aesop
end to end burners is classic, and stands next to 'drop' by the pharcyde as the best clips.

Hard to really say who the greatest emcees are. Rakim, KRS, Big Daddy Kane, Jay Z, Del, Pos are all worthy. I'd personally lean towards Kool G Rap or Nasty Nas (circa Illmatic). New York street at its finest. Also Q tip from A Tribe Called Quest.

Nowadays the best rappers or at least my favourites are Pharoahe Monch, Common, Eyedea, Ras Kass, Jean Grae, The Brewin, the Quannum collective, and most of the Def Jukies (Aesop Rock, Vordul, Mr Lif). flavour.

Ahh...now this man knows his stuff.

About Nas, You haven't liked Stillmatic, The Lost tapes or God Son all that much? Because with those albums + Illmatic and It Was Written (a very underrated album) I really do think he just might be the best.

While this thread is still alive, I'd like to point out that I believe Dr. Dre is the anti-Christ. Gentlemen, I have no doubt that the scum of today's society (that would be Kani/Fubu/Sean John/Dada/Snoop Dogg/Eminem clothing wearing deliquents, if you are one of these people, I pray for your soul) is due to the marketing of one Dr. Dre owned Aftermath Records.

We see these supposed social elites on the tellie, and we go out and purchase the **** they're wearing, talk the **** that they do at the local shopping centre or convenience supermarket, with the option of a perambulator to to push their tiny tots around. I see 5 year old children wearing bloody Wu-Tang tracksuits around the place, and I think, what is the world coming to. It is said that African-American children see that kinda stuff, and feel the only way to succeed is to get a record deal or play professional sports. I pray our nation isn't going down the same path.

Americanization at its bloody worst.

Originally posted by Guey_34
While this thread is still alive, I'd like to point out that I believe Dr. Dre is the anti-Christ. Gentlemen, I have no doubt that the scum of today's society (that would be Kani/Fubu/Sean John/Dada/Snoop Dogg/Eminem clothing wearing deliquents, if you are one of these people, I pray for your soul) is due to the marketing of one Dr. Dre owned Aftermath Records.

We see these supposed social elites on the tellie, and we go out and purchase the **** they're wearing, talk the **** that they do at the local shopping centre or convenience supermarket, with the option of a perambulator to to push their tiny tots around. I see 5 year old children wearing bloody Wu-Tang tracksuits around the place, and I think, what is the world coming to. It is said that African-American children see that kinda stuff, and feel the only way to succeed is to get a record deal or play professional sports. I pray our nation isn't going down the same path.

Americanization at its bloody worst.

Well.......I suppose it is 'tell it like it is Friday'.

Does this mean you don't like hip hop or rap?

fubu are owned by samsung..

thought that was interesting..

Originally posted by Dogwatcher
Well.......I suppose it is 'tell it like it is Friday'.

Does this mean you don't like hip hop or rap?

Not at all. I like it, just not a lot of the crap that comes out these days.

Fair enough.
I agree with your call to be honest.

all this gangster posing is a waste of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Streets is good for novelty value. Not really a good rapper even.

I see 5 year old children wearing bloody Wu-Tang tracksuits around the place, and I think, what is the world coming to.

It's an Adelaide thing, not a Dre thing.

Most definitely Rakim ....Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full all time classic

and special mention to Ron- Hitler- Barassi from T.I.S.M.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back