Rate / Rank The Leagues - Yes its the unwinnable argument!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, from Marnoo, but never played footy there. Just went to the matches. My first match of open-age footy was down here in Melb, for Cheltenham, in 1991. My lord I was crap! :D

It was entertaining how you found Natte and went looking for the paper :), I believe there's a footy ground, some form of hall on the same property as the ground, and a house or two. Bealiba's a bit bigger but probably only similar size approx to Lexton. Navarre is somewhere between the two. No pub!

Ok, down comes MCDFL!

A footy oval, hall and a couple of houses is about it. The way Country footy is going, it's a credit that they have a team playing finals footy.

I don't think there'll be too much objection to MCDFL going down a notch!

A footy oval, hall and a couple of houses is about it. The way Country footy is going, it's a credit that they have a team playing finals footy.

I don't think there'll be too much objection to MCDFL going down a notch!

Well yer see Natt-Bealiba is a merged entity of Natte Yallock and Bealiba. Bealiba's a bigger place, (though not huge).

Back when I was going to matches, they would alternate their games between the two towns. I think it was somewhere in the mid-90s when they decided to run with just the one ground.

So while it looks like the players must come from some underground city or tribe in the woods, its not quite as unpopulous a base as it might first seem!

How's that for some useless information? :D Lemme know when you wanna hear about Moonambel or Landsborough :)

Well yer see Natt-Bealiba is a merged entity of Natte Yallock and Bealiba. Bealiba's a bigger place, (though not huge).

Back when I was going to matches, they would alternate their games between the two towns. I think it was somewhere in the mid-90s when they decided to run with just the one ground.

So while it looks like the players must come from some underground city or tribe in the woods, its not quite as unpopulous a base as it might first seem!

How's that for some useless information? :D Lemme know when you wanna hear about Moonambel or Landsborough :)

I thought Lansborough were to merge with Navarre. Did they not get along?

Landsborough have been gone what about 3 years now? I wouldn't say they didn't get along, but the rivalry would have been high, along with pride. I don't think there was a merger.

Ellinbank has clearly gone past Alberton and Mid Gippsland in the last 5 years. Lots of the clubs seem to have a lot of money to fork out.

Also the Ammo leagues are rated way too highly. Other than A grade each of the others should go down at least 1 tier.

Ellinbank has clearly gone past Alberton and Mid Gippsland in the last 5 years. Lots of the clubs seem to have a lot of money to fork out.

Also the Ammo leagues are rated way too highly. Other than A grade each of the others should go down at least 1 tier.

Disagree with that.

There's an absolute heap of ex-AFL, ex-VFL, current VFL and a heap of former TAC Cup, APS/AGSV private school players right throughout the Ammo ranks, way more than any other league.

Only evident by St Bedes/Mentone doing the C Grade, B Grade, A Grade premierships in successive years, with basically the same side, only a couple of years ago.

The top B Grade sides would flog 90% of suburban sides, including the top sides of the SFL, MPFL etc.

I think the list is an extremely good one.

my sources say that the Northern ( Diamond Valley) FL has slipped below the Essendon DFL now.

Goulburn Valley is the best VCFL league because they have the money to coax the best from the NFL away for the weekend games.

my sources say that the Northern ( Diamond Valley) FL has slipped below the Essendon DFL now.

Goulburn Valley is the best VCFL league because they have the money to coax the best from the NFL away for the weekend games.
Agreed. Essendon is now better then Northern.

NEAFL (AFLQ) would move up quite a bit as well.

... Navarre is somewhere between the two. No pub!

No pub, but the booth at the footy club does a good trade all year round!

Old man was a Hawk, played in junior flags there (won a seconds B&F after telling the senior coach to go **** himself - I won't name the coach on here but Mobbs would know who he is). Time I came out of the U/13s in Stawell, Landsborough were no more, so I became a Grasshopper.

Also had some great uncles play at Moonambel - big angry boys they were too.

THink Calton v Collingwood. Absolute hatred at the time. By the time Landsborough were dying, there was no real point in Navarre merging. Navarre was (still is) a strong club, and Landsborough offered nothing of real interest (except maybe use of the clubrooms), so it wouldn't have been a merger as much as a takeover (like Stawell and the Warriors). Interestingly, now all the old Landsborough (and Marnoo people in th most part) follow Navarre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated :

Tier 1
AFL (National)

Tier 2 (Semi Pro)
SANFL
VFL
WAFL

Tier 3
Eastern FL (Vic)
VAFA A Grade

Tier 4 (Strong Regional)
Ovens & Murray
Northern Territory FL
Essendon DFL

Tier 5
Geelong FL
AFL Canberra (ACT)
SAAFL Div 1
Goulburn Valley
MPNFL
Southern FL (SA)
Tasmanian FL
VAFA B Grade

Tier 6
AFLQ (Qld)
Ballarat FL
Bendigo FL
Hampden FL
Northern FL (Diamond Valley)

Tier 7 (Middleing)
Central Aust CC (NT)
Riverina FL
VAFA C Grade
Gippsland FL
SAAFL Div 2
Sydney FL

Tier 8
Barossa Light Gawler FL (SA)
Bellarine FL (Vic)
Central AFL (NT)
Central Murray FL
Great Southern FL (SA)
Murray FL
Northern Tasmanian FL
Southern FL (Tas)
SAAFL Div 3
Sunraysia FL
Western Border FL
Western DFL Div 1 (Vic)
Wimmera FL
Yarra Valley Mountain FL

Tier 9 (Still good standard)
Alberton FL
Central Highlands FL
Ellinbank DFL
Geelong District FL
Hills FL (SA)
Horsham DFL
Mallee FL (Vic)
Mid Gippsland FL
North Central FL (Vic)
Riverland FL
Southern FL Div 1 (Vic)
Tallangatta DFL
Katherine DFL
Tiwi Islands FL
VAFA D1

Tier 10 (Towards the lower end of the scale)
Colac DFL
East Gippsland FL
Golden Rivers FL
Gove FL
Heathcote DFL
Loddon Valley FL
North Gippsland FL
Ovens & King FL
Top End FA
VAFA D2
Warrnambool DFL

Tier 11