Autopsy Rd 3 v Williamstown @ Burbank Oval, Williamstown; 12:15pm Sat, April 19 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling at the most, one of king, Newman and foley will be on our list next year. If we can get them to sign on to our vfl list that would be great. I think that's where having our own vfl will be excellent for convincing the older/ retiring players to play another year or two on the vfl list and impart their experience on the young boys.
Agree with all to get the chop, maybe o'hanlon to stay another year. Batch will stay on he looks good. Just not high on the list of kpp right now. I like dea, he should stay also. Astbury, griff and grimes have shown what you can achieve with a full Pre season and some continuity.
Foley will be as his contracted the other two won't

WILLIAMSTOWN 6.4 8.8 14.13 19.15
RICHMOND 2.1 3.4 6.5 8.11

Goals: McBean 3, Elton, Vickery, King, McIntosh, McCartney
Best: Miles, Lennon, Batchelor, McDonough, Young, McBean

Out: Grigg, Edwards, Newman, Thomas

To Dream.

means jack really. he will be delisted or shopped around.
If we could some how use him to upgrade our later picks 3rd rounder maybe it would be a win.

Clubs like Melbourne, Brisbane and maybe Bulldogs could use hime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you replace him with in the middle ?

At the moment I'd bring OHanlon in on the wing full time. . I'd back him till the end of the season. We have so much old deadwood in Thomas , Pettard and Newy . I'd send Grigg in the guts to tag and save his career. He's got the tank and build and can extract the footy.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment I'd bring OHanlon in on the wing full time. . I'd back him till the end of the season. We have so much old deadwood in Thomas , Pettard and Newy . I'd send Grigg in the guts to tag and save his career. He's got the tank and build and can extract the footy.

Does O'Hanlon (a hff) even have the tank to run on the wing?

Can't talk as didn't see the game, but I would say vickery had no chance of playing well in this game. Ball was rarely going to come down and when it would have he would have been double and triple teamed, getting vfl quality delivery. One of those players similar to griffiths that would find it easier playing a good game at afl level than vfl level.

I disagree

Enough AFL listed players and talent in VFL for any worthy player to have an impact

I didn't realise Nathan Batsanis was in the Richmond VFL team. I knew he tried with the squad pre season and didn't make the list. I used to teach this kid English when he was in high school and when I was a teacher. Back in 2004! Top kid. He isn't eligible to play for the AFL though is he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back