Preview Rd 4 Carlton v St Kilda Sat April 25 - 1:10 NZST - Wellington (11.10am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones for Jaksch is my first change.

Depending on ijuries and suspensions I'd be looking at Whiley and Buckley and if fit Menzel.
Gotta get Boekhorst in there. For everything I said through the week about his tank he really stepped it up today. He played a really solid 3 quarters and then faded a little bit but his run and carry is just what we need.

Riewoldt is doubtful according to AFL news. Bruce and Membrey will be match ups in the forward line. Rowey appears off his oats. Jamison and Walker for these two. Cripps, Carrots, Curnow have lead in the saddle and pace is a problem. Curnow tries hard but I think he will make way for Byrne. Yarran is likely to be benched by the Tribunal. If Bucks showed some form today I'd pick him because we need an injection of pace. Rowe or Casboult? Rowe has a better competitive spirit and can play forward. Another medium/small to add pace to the team. Pace, pace, pace is what we need.

Out:
  • Yarran - tribunal holiday
  • Curnow - give someone else a run
  • Ellard - I like his passion and have defended him in the past. Too small. Not quick. Doesn't win enough footy.
In:
  • Whiley for Curnow (onballer)
  • Buckley for Yarran (small defender)
  • ??? for Ellard (sub)

Out:
  • Yarran - tribunal holiday
  • Curnow - give someone else a run
  • Ellard - I like his passion and have defended him in the past. Too small. Not quick. Doesn't win enough footy.
In:
  • Whiley for Curnow (onballer)
  • Buckley for Yarran (small defender)
  • ??? for Ellard (sub)

Dont think Ellard will be dropped.

How can you watch the NBs from there?

Was a cracking game at Princes Park today.
Happy I went there rather than the MCG today.
And judging by the crowd today, thousands of other Carlton supporters are fed up as well.

Gotta get Boekhorst in there. For everything I said through the week about his tank he really stepped it up today. He played a really solid 3 quarters and then faded a little bit but his run and carry is just what we need.

Great to hear Boekhorst on the improve MEB.
However, I question the logic if he faded at a significantly lower level. I haven't written him off, but give him a month or two to build a tank and prepare his body. We all want the "mature" recruit to make it, but let's wait until he is ready and banging the door down in multiple games.

Whiley and Jaksch are the logical elevations. Casey to start, Menzel in the mix(sub?), maybe Tutt if we have injuries/suspensions.

The Bombers beat the Hawks last week, our efforts don't demand wholesale changes

Great to hear Boekhorst on the improve MEB.
However, I question the logic if he faded at a significantly lower level. I haven't written him off, but give him a month or two to build a tank and prepare his body. We all want the "mature" recruit to make it, but let's wait until he is ready and banging the door down in multiple games.

Whiley and Jaksch are the logical elevations. Casey to start, Menzel in the mix(sub?), maybe Tutt if we have injuries/suspensions.

The Bombers beat the Hawks last week, our efforts don't demand wholesale changes

I wouldn't really call it a significant fade, I might be being nitpicky to be honest. He didn't impact as much in the last 15 minutes or so but the breeze kicked up and Williamstown had all the momentum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont think Ellard will be dropped.
Maybe not, Mick likes him. but sadly, I think the game has gone past Davey.

Taller opponents will beat him in the air, quicker opponents will run off him. If he's not grinding out 15-20 possessions a game at stoppages or performing Betts/Garlett like briliance in a forward pocket then his value is limited.

And judging by the crowd today, thousands of other Carlton supporters are fed up as well.

45000 members. 55000 attendance. You do the math.

Twas perfect conditions for footy but we weren't up to it. Witches hats for the best part of an hour, again.

Very disappointing crowd at the MCG. We were clearly outnumbered by the dopers' theatre-goers (you can't call them supporters, they seem to be there more for the social interaction than a game of footy).

45000 members. 55000 attendance. You do the maths.

Twas perfect conditions for footy but we weren't up to it. Witches hats for the best part of an hour, again.
We are in Orstraya champ......

Menzel only listed as 1 week (calf), will be interesting if he comes up?

FB: Simpson - Jamison - Jaksch*
HB: Docherty - Rowe* - Tuohy
C: Everitt - Cripps - Byrne
R: Wood - Judd - Murphy
HF: Walker - Henderson - Gibbs
FF: Jones - Casbout - Menzel*
INT: Whiley - Armfield - Bell - Buckley - Carrazzo
*Dependant on injury/opposition talls.

9:10am start for us in Perth. I like it, I can watch it before going to footy :thumbsu:

When I first saw the vision of Gibbs' hit on Goddard I thought 2 weeks straight out, but not sure now. Not confident he'll get off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back