Game Day Rd 4: Gather Round: North v Brions battle of the cellar dwellers Game Day thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4521.png
IMG_4523.png
IMG_4522.png

Both teams have arrived in Adelaide on zero wins and are desperate to get the first one on the board.

All pressure is on the out of form 2023 Grand Finalists who’ve lacked synergy thus far and have struggled to kick a decent score.

We, on the other hand, have shown an ability to kick a score but a complete inability to contain our opponents from kicking a far bigger one, with key position forwards a particular problem.

Enter the great white hope Charlie Comben who’ll be assigned one of the unco Stobie Poles Brissie have in abundance up forward or on ball and able to float forward.

All played on a ground with Circus Maximus like dimensions, being only 110m in width.

Can our talented young on ball tyros compete with the harder more experienced bodies of the Lions well enough to make a good game of it for more than a half?

We shall see.

Hoping Daniher and Hipwood have their radars off and we follow Larkey’s lead and kick accurately to be right in this up to our eyeballs.

North by 3pts (why the * not?)

Last edited:
This would be the strongest and most balanced 22 we have put out on the park in years.
When McDonald, Stephens and Stephenson are your out of form / whipping boy candidates then you know there’s talent on the field.

I don’t expect a win but I do expect to be competitive.
Coach to win Clarko. Why the f*** not

nMo39.jpg

North by 200 points:
http://springfieldfiles.com/sounds/frink/gambletron.mp3

Hey Twinkletoes, you might want to skip the "natural" and over the counter sleping remedies. None of them are effective. Go to your GP who can prescribe a suitable remedy as it looks like you aren't getting much quality shut-eye.

I mean, three measelly points??? We will win this by a mile.

Excellent game day thread opening by the way. Sets the standard!

The Neale / Dunkley / McCluggage / Cameron / Andrews tier is formidable, but the standard of talent on their list drops off pretty dramatically after then.

That backline in particular is not too ominous, at least beyond Harris Andrews.

Can't see us having problems scoring. I've also got high hopes for Chom as a defender. Question in my mind is: how will he, Corr and Dawson perform as a unit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5:10 is an early start for a weekday. Have to knock off early to get home in time to catch the start.
Its designed so people can only watch paying 500% mark up on accommodation, 300% on flights, can put up with under resourced infrastructure/public transport and be subject to random nuffy opposition supporters.

5:10 is s**t. We are the kings of s**t time slots (but they cant get crowds derrr)

So saying. We see our first win and the media eating Fagan alive for the next week

Feels weird to be at work waiting for the game and not pacing around my home. Friday night spectacle indeed.

Just want to see some fight, some competitiveness. I've tipped Brisbane to help my tips out, so hopefully my bad luck there pushes us over the line. Been delusionally tipping North so far.

My partner (the North fan) and I (the sad Crows fan lol) are going to the game :) Looking forward to it.
Sad about Zombie though, we love that bloke. Hope North can scrounge a win tonight.

My partner (the North fan) and I (the sad Crows fan lol) are going to the game :) Looking forward to it.
Sad about Zombie though, we love that bloke. Hope North can scrounge a win tonight.
Is that a Pokémon reference?

Dawson vs Daniher
Chom vs hipwood
Corr vs Gardiner

Only matchup I worry about there is Daniher
If we have a system it isn't so much the matchups as the system, but the system needs to be able to go one on one when things break down up field.

I'd swap Chom and Dawson when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back