RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a team full of kids pushes the undefeated team in the league for 3 1/2 quarters and all you can do is bag them. Do us all a favour next time and don't bother calling in to a Hawks game. Oh, by the way, how about you cough up the $2 for a record when you do go to a game so you know who the he'll your watching.....mind you, given your obviously small brain size you probably can't afford it out of your centrelink payments.

I might have to save my $2 and just go fishing more often. See you in the doll line soon.:D

Lancefield & Romsey join??:eek: that will never happen!!
spot on, will never happen.
did anyone else notice the lack of Lancefield supportrers at todays game ? maybe it was the cold weather, or maybe just part of the cycle. When your winning everyone loves you, when your not, those cold days are long days.

I called in to watch the game between woodend and macedon today to see what was a game some what like lastnights pies v cats game, a lot of bad kicking and rotten disposals. Also good to see that the hawks are still the dirtiest team in the RDFL, come on the likes of Riddle and Sunbury can clean the game up sure they can, number 34 on the side of the hawks had me thinking if he was promoted from the under 16 cage fighting team to just bite at a few ankles as he did nothing else for the game but wrestle and walk around looking at the ground. it was only untill the final 10 minutes that macedon started to use the size of the ground and kick away. Some good efforts by number 1 and 6 for the hawks and 1 and 6 for the cats.

dirtiest team ha ha your a joke mate 2 scuffles all day nothing in them, do us a favour delete your bigfooty account because you are a moron

Rockbank Sporting Club is holding a Past Players Day.
Come down and help cheer the teams on as we take on Lancefield. There will be plenty of entertainment throughout the day and into the night.

Tickets are $30 per head which gives you gate entry, entry into the exclusive "Past Players" and Sponsors marquee, free beer, wine and soft drink, beer and wine tasting, finger food throughout the day, and entry into the evening function, where there will be a band playing til the early hours.

Players from all eras are invited to attend and we will have all premiership flag proudly on display.

Please feel free to pass this on to any past team mates from Rockbank as we are hoping to have as many past players as possible to make it as special an occasion as it deserves.

Please RSVP by Thursday 26th May

Rockbank Sporting Club is holding a Past Players Day.
Come down and help cheer the teams on as we take on Lancefield. There will be plenty of entertainment throughout the day and into the night.

Tickets are $30 per head which gives you gate entry, entry into the exclusive "Past Players" and Sponsors marquee, free beer, wine and soft drink, beer and wine tasting, finger food throughout the day, and entry into the evening function, where there will be a band playing til the early hours.

Players from all eras are invited to attend and we will have all premiership flag proudly on display.

Please feel free to pass this on to any past team mates from Rockbank as we are hoping to have as many past players as possible to make it as special an occasion as it deserves.

Please RSVP by Thursday 26th May

Not trying to troll here but how many premierships have Rockbank won??

I called in to watch the game between woodend and macedon today to see what was a game some what like lastnights pies v cats game, a lot of bad kicking and rotten disposals. Also good to see that the hawks are still the dirtiest team in the RDFL, come on the likes of Riddle and Sunbury can clean the game up sure they can, number 34 on the side of the hawks had me thinking if he was promoted from the under 16 cage fighting team to just bite at a few ankles as he did nothing else for the game but wrestle and walk around looking at the ground. it was only untill the final 10 minutes that macedon started to use the size of the ground and kick away. Some good efforts by number 1 and 6 for the hawks and 1 and 6 for the cats.

I also went to see the 2 teams i follow play on satarday. Yes it was a very scrappy game with heaps of mistakes. The hawks tackled very well and the cats fumbled and there kicking was disgraceful. Tom Walker no 6 for hawks was bog for mine and other youngsters like Alsop and Chettle were better than there higher rated oppoenents. I was really disappointed in cats form though. They looked too tall and slow and are missing Goodwin as they were well beaten around the packs. Jesse Shep touched up a much taller Fleming and Quinn in the ruck had better of cats rucks except when Wilton when he went in there. Thought i was going to see a upset until Johnno and Nipper Wright for cats turned the game in last quarter. In the last 10 minutes they finally started to use ball better and looked great, they will need to do that from the start if they are any chance of beating the cashed up redbacks. Well done to Hawks, as i said they will finish bottom 3-4 this year but have some very good kids coming through again.

Not trying to troll here but how many premierships have Rockbank won??

Did a quick Google search and they've won a few by the look of it. Four in a row in the 60's while they were in the Ballarat League. Few Junior one's in recent times too if memory serves. Not much info out there though.

Did a quick Google search and they've won a few by the look of it. Four in a row in the 60's while they were in the Ballarat League. Few Junior one's in recent times too if memory serves. Not much info out there though.

Founded in 1992? I don't think they have won a senior flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Founded in 1992? I don't think they have won a senior flag.

Been a while since I've been down that way but they used to have old black and whites from the 20's on the walls. Definately around way before the 90's.

The site I found says:

Founded 1919
From 1919 to 1972 played in BFL and won 4 back to back flags in the 60's
Folded in 1972
Reformed 1992
From 1992 to 1999 played in the WRFL
From 2000 till now played in the RDFL with their last senior finals berth in 2002.

Been a while since I've been down that way but they used to have old black and whites from the 20's on the walls. Definately around way before the 90's.

The site I found says:

Founded 1919
From 1919 to 1972 played in BFL and won 4 back to back flags in the 60's
Folded in 1972
Reformed 1992
From 1992 to 1999 played in the WRFL
From 2000 till now played in the RDFL with their last senior finals berth in 2002.

What were they called? Are you talking about the Ballarat Football League?

What were they called? Are you talking about the Ballarat Football League?

Just says they were known as the Rams. Originally had a red guernsey with black V, then the Rams head was added.

Site says Bacchus Marsh Footy League.

Should be someone from Rockbank out there that can clarify???

Can anyone comment on the Diggers V Kilmore game? Diggers must have been very impressive!
Diggers were pretty impressive took all the chances up forward and that was the difference between the two sides i would say from watching that kilmore had just as much of the ball but turned it over at very crucial times and diggers made them pay every time! Caton is a gun and kilmore just got more injuries to add to the two that pulled out on the saturday morning! All in all diggers should be up there at the end of the year!!

Well... What a round of footy this week!!!

Witnessed the Kangas and Riddell game, and a fantastic contest it was..
There was a solid wind to the scout hall end of the ground and the Kangaroos got first use of it, conditions weren't overly great and it threatened to rain all day. Early in the game it looked as though Dylan Wright would bust the game open, up forward his ability to rove the stoppages and the contest was proving the difference. The Kangaroos were solid through the midfield and moved the ball well, Jake Powell is still travelling beautifully across the half back line and is seriously underrated by opposition sides. The Kangas had plenty of opportunity in the opening quarter and went in 3 goals up.
The second quarter was an arm wrestle early, the Kangas were looking to put the clamps on and again it was Powell across the half back line, along with Jamie Cuffe that were able to stand up and ensure that several early chances for the Bombers were cut off. Pete Robertson was flying and looked at most times to be the most dangerous player on the ground, while Haydn Ross was finding space. The Bombers seemed to break it open toward the end of the quarter and managed to pile on 5 goals very quickly to put their noses in front at half time.
The third quarter was a grind early once again, but the Roos were able to once again sneak away, goals to Dylan Wright again (after a cheeky little shot from Bladey) and Jake Young saw the Roos in a solid position going into 3qtr time. The wind started to die off ever so slightly, and the question was whether the Roos could stand firm.
Stand firm they did, eventually they even ran over the top of Riddell, several players having a strong impact on the contest, with several players out for each of the sides, it was a contest of the next tier of players. The most impressive thing for the Kangaroos was the form of the young players. Tie Cuffe, Matt Leonard, Jake Young and Mitch Strieff all played major roles, while Dylan Wright looked like he could have taken the game apart at any time, but his opponent Mick Sammut just doing enough to ensure that didn't happen, but his ability to affect the contest was still pronounced, while Riddell worked hard against the tall timber of the Roos, it could still be a question mark come finals time, but with Mick Allen, Brian Ruffell and Matty Baird still to come into the side, their firepower will definitely increase.

Best Players
3 - Tie Cuffe (SK)
2 - Peter Robertson (Rid)
1 - Dylan Wright (SK)

A big congrats to the young Broadford boys with a fantastic win on the weekend, they have all improved week by week since the start of last year and it is good to see them getting some wins that they deserve.. :thumbsu:

Performance Ladder - Round 5
Sunbury Kangaroos
Romsey
Broadford
Diggers Rest
Macedon
Rockbank

Riddell
Melton Centrals
Woodend/Hesket
Wallan
Kilmore
Lancefield.

A big congrats to the young Broadford boys with a fantastic win on the weekend, they have all improved week by week since the start of last year and it is good to see them getting some wins that they deserve.. :thumbsu:

Well said IMS great game by Broadford, stuck to the game plan all day and never doubted eachother, Pity for wallan with no bigs hard to see them getting past bottom 3 without some talls, maybe coach will have to have a kick again or what has happend to the big dfowler?? Has he retired or is he playing elsewhere???:confused::confused::confused:

Well said IMS great game by Broadford, stuck to the game plan all day and never doubted eachother, Pity for wallan with no bigs hard to see them getting past bottom 3 without some talls, maybe coach will have to have a kick again or what has happend to the big dfowler?? Has he retired or is he playing elsewhere???:confused::confused::confused:

Yeh well done to the Broady boys, especially with all the outs from the previous weeks game :thumbsu:.

Daff is running around with Heidelberg West in the the Northern FL, dunno the exact circumstances and I just hope he hasn't copped any grief for going to have a run with a few guys he works with.

Again the race for 6th spot wil be the most entertaining for sure - with Romsey, Diggers, Sunbury, Riddell, Macedon certs to fill the top 5 spots.

Yeh well done to the Broady boys, especially with all the outs from the previous weeks game :thumbsu:.

Daff is running around with Heidelberg West in the the Northern FL, dunno the exact circumstances and I just hope he hasn't copped any grief for going to have a run with a few guys he works with.

Again the race for 6th spot wil be the most entertaining for sure - with Romsey, Diggers, Sunbury, Riddell, Macedon certs to fill the top 5 spots.

Im sure there would be grief, we all know that wallan have short memories.

Any word on why Go Gazza has resigned as Mongrels Assistant?

Gee word travels fast, Guys I have left the coaching side of things this season at the Kangas due to being extremely tired mentally. This is my 6th year straight in a coaching position and belive me it takes its toll. As Al (Macedon),Glen (Diggers), Peddo (Romsey) and plenty of others would probably agree, As coaches you only get 1 month off a year (Oct-Nov) before all your recruiting and pre-season begins and you can become very stressed and not be able to be the best you can be. I didnt feel I was fulfilling my role in the manner in needs to be and also found myself not enjoying footy. I want to coach for the next 10 years hopefully, and to do that at the best of my ability i need to have this seaon off coaching, and start to really enjoy football again. I will go to plenty of games and have a few cans and a few laughs again with my mates. We must enjoy what we do or we shouldnt be doing it. I wasnt enjoying it and that wasnt fair on the Kangaroos who put faith in me and gave me a great opportunity. I love the Roos and every single person involved at the club.They are one of the hardest working clubs Ive ever been associated with.I will also get a chance to catch up with some old mates down at the Redbacks too which Im looking forward to aswell. I have an 18 month old son too which will give me more time to spend with him which Im looking forward to aswell. Hope Deano recovers well from his injury and gets back coz he has worked far too hard to have that much bad luck.... Oh and all the best to my old mate THE YAK! get well soon champions!!:)

Gee word travels fast, Guys I have left the coaching side of things this season at the Kangas due to being extremely tired mentally. This is my 6th year straight in a coaching position and belive me it takes its toll. As Al (Macedon),Glen (Diggers), Peddo (Romsey) and plenty of others would probably agree, As coaches you only get 1 month off a year (Oct-Nov) before all your recruiting and pre-season begins and you can become very stressed and not be able to be the best you can be. I didnt feel I was fulfilling my role in the manner in needs to be and also found myself not enjoying footy. I want to coach for the next 10 years hopefully, and to do that at the best of my ability i need to have this seaon off coaching, and start to really enjoy football again. I will go to plenty of games and have a few cans and a few laughs again with my mates. We must enjoy what we do or we shouldnt be doing it. I wasnt enjoying it and that wasnt fair on the Kangaroos who put faith in me and gave me a great opportunity. I love the Roos and every single person involved at the club.They are one of the hardest working clubs Ive ever been associated with.I will also get a chance to catch up with some old mates down at the Redbacks too which Im looking forward to aswell. I have an 18 month old son too which will give me more time to spend with him which Im looking forward to aswell. Hope Deano recovers well from his injury and gets back coz he has worked far too hard to have that much bad luck.... Oh and all the best to my old mate THE YAK! get well soon champions!!:)

What has happened to Yak??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back