Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafa and Shaw are both suspect defensively. A back three of Evans, Jones and Smalling are our best three at the back.

Did you watch the game this morning? All three defenders playing were s**t. Sunderland looked like scoring every time they went forward.

Blackett the better of them all and he is a kid.

Did you watch the game this morning? All three defenders playing were s**t. Sunderland looked like scoring every time they went forward.

Blackett the better of them all and he is a kid.

I'm not saying those three are going to win us a title but they're the best we've got. They've probably never played in a back three so it'll take some times. A back three of Rojo. Rafa and Shaw would concede 10 goals a game, they're all attacking full backs.

I'm not saying those three are going to win us a title but they're the best we've got. They've probably never played in a back three so it'll take some times. A back three of Rojo. Rafa and Shaw would concede 10 goals a game, they're all attacking full backs.

Can.not.agree.with.you.at.all

Jones did well in what was a very inexperienced back 3 last night..(especially 2nd half) as did Blackett

our transition though is just woeful and has been for some time.

Hopefully we'll soon see

------------------------de Gea---------------------
----Rafa----Jones------Rojo------Shaw---
--------------------de Jong/Blind--------------
---------------Herrera----------Mata------------
di Maria---------------------------------Januzaj
------------------------Rooney----------------------

Could push for top 4.
But in the future I'd like us to add Strootman and another quality CM

Hopefully we'll soon see

------------------------de Gea---------------------
----Rafa----Jones------Rojo------Shaw---
--------------------de Jong/Blind--------------
---------------Herrera----------Mata------------
di Maria---------------------------------Januzaj
------------------------Rooney----------------------

Could push for top 4.
But in the future I'd like us to add Strootman and another quality CM

I like it, the DM allows Mata to push more forward. Rooney has also excelled as a lone man upfront as well. I don't know how much RvP has left so we may see something like this in the future.

I can't see us signing a DM though. I'd like to see Jones played in that role a bit more (although admitadly he wasn't great when played there in the past) and Evans into Cb.

I think RVP is on his last legs. He won us a title, he's done his job, Rooney should lead the front line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our defensive issues would be managed a lot easier in a back four, Rafael and Shaw are quality young full backs and Evans is severely underrated by many I feel, between Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Blackett we have enough depth to partner him for the season.

I think our defensive issues would be managed a lot easier in a back four, Rafael and Shaw are quality young full backs and Evans is severely underrated by many I feel, between Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Blackett we have enough depth to partner him for the season.
Agreed. I thought we only needed 1 more CB for this season. We are going to switch to 433 anyway + not being in Europe means we'd be able to manage with those mentioned

Hasn't been mentioned much but it is being severely overlooked how much of a loss SAF was, the greatest manager ever. He just got the best out of the boys. Watching us play is painful nowadays because it looks like they don't know what to do, like they've lost the connection. We desperately need more flair and pace, and Di Maria will provide that along with putting fear into the opposition.

We've got to make the top 4 this season, just has to be done, to restore the confidence back into the players, because last season destroyed them, and it's carried into this season.

It is a bad start, with 2 games played and 0 wins 1 draw 1 loss, but we've got a pretty good run coming up and we really need to get maximum points.

Di Maria will really give the club a morale boost. Rooney will love he is joining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back