Recommend me some headphones

Remove this Banner Ad

treefingers

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm looking for a good quality pair of headphones for around $150 AUD: any suggestions?

My last ones were similar looking to these but unfortunately don't work anymore

HD201_hires.jpg

Search for headphones by brands such as Focal and Audiotechnica. Not brands that are well known by the plebs, but used by DJ's etc and are not overpriced like Beats, and certain pairs of Sennheisers etc.

Yeah headphones.com.au is a good source.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 215 that I use for listening to music at work. They are pretty damn good.

At home I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700. These have a fantastic sound separation (as in different instruments sounding nice and separate in space) but if you really like bass then they may not be the best. (Bass is still good, but it is tighter, rather than 'booming' like some people like it). They are open which means they leak sound so only really appropriate where you won't be pissing other people off.

Both of the above can be got for < $150 from the aforementioned website.

Yeah headphones.com.au is a good source.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 215 that I use for listening to music at work. They are pretty damn good.

At home I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700. These have a fantastic sound separation (as in different instruments sounding nice and separate in space) but if you really like bass then they may not be the best. (Bass is still good, but it is tighter, rather than 'booming' like some people like it). They are open which means they leak sound so only really appropriate where you won't be pissing other people off.

Both of the above can be got for < $150 from the aforementioned website.
Not really interested in booming bass.

For what it's worth I like the Radiohead, The Beatles, Arctic Monkeys type music, not so much Daft Punk etc.

Thanks for the replies though guys

I have a teenage son who has killed so many headphones (Dr Beats, Senheisser etc) but has managed to have his Bob Marley ones survive. We got them from surfstitch.com.au. The stereo system was crap, but the headphones have been good.

the standard white head phones you get when you buy an ipod

Love the Sennheiser HD 201's :hearts: They're also very durable. Unfortunately a bit out of your price range.

Check out Audio-Technica, not exactly well known, but usually good quality, and don't cost that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the Sennheiser HD 201's :hearts: They're also very durable. Unfortunately a bit out of your price range.

Check out Audio-Technica, not exactly well known, but usually good quality, and don't cost that much.

I have always been a big fan of the senns but will probably but audio technica next time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back