Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1966892

We've been here before. Next minute: Chris Burgess, the end.
We think being aggressive is either going for a player you have exactly ZERO chance of landing - Oliver, or offering a packet of peanuts for an elite player and then settling on the same peanuts for a list clogger.

What was the result? Bugger all - but hey, look how aggressive we were!

I don't know why we need to telegraph our intentions to the rest of the world.
We said this last year and ended up with egg on our faces
This, sounds so desperate “we’ve let player managers and the teams know we want players and will pay up”

It will make no difference, managers and clubs know which clubs are in the market.

But it’s all for show to try and appease the supporters, but come the end of the year if we don’t get anyone of note they won’t mention it again.

Last edited:
This, sounds so desperate “we’ve let player managers and the teams know we want players and will pay up”

It will make no difference, managers and clubs know who which clubs are in the market.

But it’s all for show to try and appease the realest supporters, but come the end of the year if we don’t get anyone of note they won’t mention it again.
You almost get the impression that Nicks is now blaming the players as not being good enough to get the job done.
" look at the squad I've got to work with "

You almost get the impression that Nicks is now blaming the players as not being good enough to get the job done.
" look at the squad I've got to work with "
The comment I read about "getting Nicks the players he needs" made me pause for a second and question if Nicks is throwing the players under the bus.

The comment I read about "getting Nicks the players he needs" made me pause for a second and question if Nicks is throwing the players under the bus.
He’s done it publicly a number of times already, imagine what he’s saying behind doors, he’d be throwing bottles everywhere

There is no question at all.

Every press conference this year has been about whether the players are or aren't at fault

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1966892

We've been here before. Next minute: Chris Burgess, the end.

We're going to need to order a shitload of pizzas.

He needs to be gone asap. He cannot be involved with another draft.

The problem is we will do the regular Crows things and rely on organic growth.

We won't go to the market and grab the best recruiter we can find, or headhunt, we'll just find someone internal and give them a shot at it.

Didn't the club come out a few years ago and say our drafting over the previous five years (which included 2019, 2018 and 2016) was a resounding success and something like we nailed 4 of 5 drafts?

No way we sack our recruiting team if we thought those years were huge successes

Our list refresh was already super advanced because we’d begun at the 2018 draft

Can’t recall claims of earlier than that, but it wouldn’t surprise me

The problem is we will do the regular Crows things and rely on organic growth.

We won't go to the market and grab the best recruiter we can find, or headhunt, we'll just find someone internal and give them a shot at it.
What's the birdman up to these days.

You think this should be a defining moment for the club and then you listen to some of the banter in the stands. Are we in the minority. I hope we are not but the match day banter suggests otherwise.

Premierships are overrated anyway.

He’s done it publicly a number of times already, imagine what he’s saying behind doors, he’d be throwing bottles everywhere
To be fair we have gone after Oliver and Gulden.

That is what we need, the genuine elite top end talent.

At least the club has identified this.

Sog is showing genuine signs of getting to that level. Need Curtin to play mid and get there too.

Add one more elite mid via trade, and midfield is fixed.

Crouch the engine room. Laird out.

Rankine, Rachele and Dawson peripheral mids, instead of Murphy/McHenry.

Get this right our midfield could be pretty good in 2026.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair we have gone after Oliver and Gulden.

That is what we need, the genuine elite top end talent.

At least the club has identified this.

Sog is showing genuine signs of getting to that level. Need Curtin to play mid and get there too.

Add one more elite mid via trade, and midfield is fixed.

Crouch the engine room. Laird out.

Rankine, Rachele and Dawson peripheral mids, instead of Murphy/McHenry.

Get this right our midfield could be pretty good in 2026.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They are going for talent but we we can’t any one to get there that we need

We need to hit the draft hard, trade out all garbage players for whatever we get and bring our first round pick into this year and draft 4 or 5 midfielders.
I’m sick of seeing non statistical players getting us know where, but playing 20 odd games a year. Time for the club to be tuff and retire Smith and Sloane. Laird only to play half back and all small forwards that can’t kick goals to set the hell out of the team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back