List Mgmt. 2023 List Management Resource Compilation Thread with Key Post-Season Dates

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the end of August 2023. 5 years into our 3 year rebuild and Laird, Crouch, and Sloane are 3 of our 4 main starting mids in a game to stay in finals contention, which they lost. We have just finished the season with a demoralising low quality win against the bottom side, which kicked our first pick from 6 to 9. Sloane has just been given another year's contract, and our big money small forward acquisition has been more highlight flash than premiership substance.

Welcome to the Adelaide Football Club. I am notionally a fan of this laughing stock of an organisation.

Uncontracted

FA Eligible

-

Non-FA
-

Departures

Senior List (to) [position]

Fischer McCasey (Quit) [KPD]
Jackson Hately (Delisted) [MID]
Tom Doedee (FA) [MD]
Shane McAdam (Melbourne) [F]
Will Hamill (Delisted) [HBF]

Rookie List (to) [position]
Paul Seedsman (Retired) [W]
Tyler Brown (Delisted) [MID]
Tariek Newchurch (Delisted) [SF]
Andrew McPherson (Delisted) [SD]
James Borlase (Delisted) [KPD]

Draft picks (to)
11. (GWS)
15. (GWS)
23. (Gold Coast)
26. (Gold Coast)
29. (Gold Coast)
48. (Gold Coast)
66. (Gold Coast)
Future Second Round (GWS)

Notable Staff (to) [position]
James Rahilly (Geelong) [Assistant Coach Forward]

Arrivals

Free Agency & Trade (from) [position]

Chris Burgess (Gold Coast) [MF]

Draft Picks (from)
8. (GWS)
17. (GWS)
14. (Gold Coast)
20. (FA compensation)
23. (North Melbourne)
26. (Gold Coast)
Future second round selection (Melbourne)

Notable Staff (from) [position]
Andrew McPherson (Playing list) [Development Coach]
Jack Hombsch (Development Coach] [Assistant Coach Back]
Scott Burns (Assistant Coach Back) [Assistant Coach Forward]

Rookie Elevations
Nick Murray

National Draft (from) [position]
8. Daniel Curtin (Claremont) [KPD]
21. Charlie Edwards (Sandringham) [MID]
27. Oscar Ryan (Murray Bushrangers) [HBF]

Preseason Draft (from) [position]
9. -

Category A Rookie Draft (from) [position]
9. Will Hammill
27. James Borlase

Category B Rookie Signings (from)
Karl Gallagher (Monaghan County)

Supplemental Selection
-

Admin

Total Players

Main List - 38
Category A - 4
Category B - 0

Number Changes (previous, last owner)
6. Curtin (*, Hately)
11. Edwards (*, Seedsman)
18. - (, Stengle)
21. Burgess (*, Brown)
22. Ryan (*, Rankine)
23. Rankine (22, McAdam)
36. - (, McPherson)
39. - (, Doedee)
42. - (, Newchurch)
46. - (, Turner)

National Draft Order (Pre-bidding and live trading indicative), courtesy of Lore on the Draft forum

Important Dates

October 6Free agency period opens
October 9Trade period opens
October 13Free agency periods closes
October 18Trade period closes
November 1Delisted free agency period opens
November 8Delisted free agent period closes
November 20AFL Draft first round
November 21AFL Draft subsequent rounds
November 22AFL Preseason and rookie drafts
DecemberPreseason supplemental period opens
FebruaryPreseason supplemental period closes

Last edited:

It's the end of August 2023. 5 years into our 3 year rebuild and Laird, Crouch, and Sloane are 3 of our 4 main starting mids in a game to stay in finals contention, which they lost. We have just finished the season with a demoralising low quality win against the bottom side, which kicked our first pick from 6 to 10. Sloane has just been given another year's contract, and our big money small forward acquisition has been more highlight flash than premiership substance.

Welcome to the Adelaide Football Club. I am an Adelaide Fan.

Uncontracted

FA Eligible

Matt Crouch
Tom Doedee

Non-FA
Shane McAdam
Jackson Hately
Tyler Brown (R)
Tariek Newchurch (R)
James Borlase (R)
Andrew McPherson (R)

Departures

Senior List (to) [position]
Fischer McCasey (Quit) [KPD]

Rookie List (to) [position]
Paul Seedsman (Retired) [W]

Draft picks (to)
29. (Gold Coast)
48. (Gold Coast)
66. (Gold Coast)

Notable Staff (to) [position]

Arrivals

Free Agency & Trade (from) [position]

Draft Picks (from)

20. (North Melbourne)
23. (Gold Coast)

Notable Staff (from) [position]

Rookie Elevations

National Draft (from) [position]

Preseason Draft (from) [position]

Category A Rookie Draft (from) [position]

Category B Rookie Signings (from)
-

Supplemental Selection
-

Admin

Total Players

Main List - 37
Category A - 5
Category B - 2

Number Changes (previous, last owner)
11. - (, Seedsman)
18. - (, Stengle)
46. - (, Turner)

National Draft Order (Pre-bidding and live trading indicative), courtesy of Lore on the Draft forum

Important Dates
October 6Free agency period opens
October 9Trade period opens
October 13Free agency periods closes
October 18Trade period closes
November 1Delisted free agency period opens
November 8Delisted free agent period closes
November 20AFL Draft first round
November 21AFL Draft subsequent rounds
November 22AFL Preseason and rookie drafts
DecemberPreseason supplemental period opens
FebruaryPreseason supplemental period closes
Again..

why do people keep saying we have pick fxxkn 10????..

we are finishing 10th.

thats pick 9.

It's the end of August 2023. 5 years into our 3 year rebuild and Laird, Crouch, and Sloane are 3 of our 4 main starting mids in a game to stay in finals contention, which they lost. We have just finished the season with a demoralising low quality win against the bottom side, which kicked our first pick from 6 to 9. Sloane has just been given another year's contract, and our big money small forward acquisition has been more highlight flash than premiership substance.

Welcome to the Adelaide Football Club. I am an Adelaide Fan.
This sounded like a Anonymous Support Group meeting intro :grinning:

Why are you even here?
Why are you Jenny?…

You seem to get very easily triggered by other people’s opinions…

Maybe you should take a break from the site if other peoples opinions upset you so much..

This is a public forum. If you dont like what other people write then respond with your own opinions to counteract their opinions.. not boorish drivel like “why are you even here”..

379939531_697788109056327_7280719837363692477_n.jpg

Can't argue with any of these.

MacPherson perpetually injured
Brown mature ager depth player struggles at AFL level.

Hately. Personally disappointed here. Saw him play a lot of school and Under-age footy at Centrals. Know his family. Really wanted to draft him. For whatever reason his junior game never matured at AFL level.

Newchurch. Another disappointment. Has some really good AFL traits. But just lacks "oomph".

Hopefully we keep Borlase. Is good depth and IF can build that tank could become an AFL regular.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't argue with any of these.

MacPherson perpetually injured
Brown mature ager depth player struggles at AFL level.

Hately. Personally disappointed here. Saw him play a lot of school and Under-age footy at Centrals. Know his family. Really wanted to draft him. For whatever reason his junior game never matured at AFL level.

Newchurch. Another disappointment. Has some really good AFL traits. But just lacks "oomph".

Hopefully we keep Borlase. Is good depth and IF can build that tank could become an AFL regular.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Borlase will not be retained too slow too fumbly

Petty is coming. Write it in the book.

Strongly suspect everyone who was going to be delisted has now been announced, any further departures are FA/trade, or the re-rookie path - if we were cutting Borlase it would have happened today.
Are there any time parameters on defining your Cat B list ?

Strongly suspect everyone who was going to be delisted has now been announced, any further departures are FA/trade, or the re-rookie path - if we were cutting Borlase it would have happened today.
they havent finished the exit interviews. borlase told to wait until affer the trade period was reported. no new deal before then. code for you're gone unless something falls through.

I would sign Borlase before another club comes for him given KPD shortage. He showed enough to be persisted with

The biggest issue he has is fitness. In his 3 seasons his fitness was poor by the time we needed to select him. If I was him, i wouldn't be on holiday, id have hired a personal trainer and seriously hit the time trials. His game style showed enough to stay.

I believe that, with Murray promoted and Borlase delisted, all pre-draft list changes have now been completed

This means that I think we are committed to taking our 3 top 20 picks at this years draft too. Based on the lack of trading up in the top 10 during trade week it looks like the club has all but conceded. I dont mind this though. three top 20 picks at this stage of our development is going to play huge into our long term list development and increase our depth.

This means that I think we are committed to taking our 3 top 20 picks at this years draft too. Based on the lack of trading up in the top 10 during trade week it looks like the club has all but conceded. I dont mind this though. three top 20 picks at this stage of our development is going to play huge into our long term list development and increase our depth.
I don't think what you and Rabbit both say can be true, can they?

We either need more list movement to take an extra pick or we can't take three early picks

I don't think what you and Rabbit both say can be true, can they?

We either need more list movement to take an extra pick or we can't take three early picks
Surely they would have announced that list movement at the same time? They’ve had weeks to work out who will be delisted, why not announce it at the same time.

Sloanes re-signing has turned out to be problematic, shock horror, the surprise.

Last edited:
We're currently at 36 of 38 senior list spots occupied, so we can only use two national draft picks this year.

None of the picks better than ours (by which I mean any kind of upgrade bought by 10+14, 10+20, or 14+20) are available for trade - a quick look down who has and traded for what settles that notion. What appears most likely is us trading 20 to a team reaching for a specific player they didn't expect to be available, for a future pick - identical to the Carlton and Liam Stocker scenario in 2018. The difference is everyone knows we have to offload it, so it'll be lowball offers. The alternative is delisting a contracted player and paying out their contract, which is a very unlikely proposition for this club.

The re-signing of both Sloane and Crouch unecessarily squeezed our list.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back