Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know the full story, but I think Zampa will be playing more in the Shield as opposed to Ryobi Cup - at least for now. Don't think he's quite tight enough yet, as opposed to McDonald who is economical and can bat.

Yeah true, although I thought the reason for Zampa moving down here was because he was promised games in all formats. Also he has started of the premier league season quite reasonably.

His biggest problem from what I can see is that he starts fairly poorly and then settles into it, which you can't really afford in ODers as it makes it pretty hard for a captain to stick with you if you go for 10 an over off your first couple.

His biggest problem from what I can see is that he starts fairly poorly and then settles into it, which you can't really afford in ODers as it makes it pretty hard for a captain to stick with you if you go for 10 an over off your first couple.

Fawad showed you can recover from a poor start the other day.

And won't he only improve this aspect of his game with experience?

Saw a bit of today. All the top order got starts, no one went on.

Attack looked like it lacked a bit of firepower.

Definitely missed Putland. The only "bad" wicket was Klinger in the top 4. Miller was impressive. Is Travis Head in Sydney? Would like to see him come in for Ferg on Int. Duty

Very loose technique from Miller but he fought it out and was good in that finisher role.

Fawad showed you can recover from a poor start the other day.

And won't he only improve this aspect of his game with experience?

Fawad bowls pump and was lucky that Tassies middle order is rubbish.

Zampa deserves a crack but McDonald bowled well in the build up to the series and holds a better stick.

Very loose technique from Miller but he fought it out and was good in that finisher role.

If you saw him last year, he was a lot worse. Has tightened up a fair bit and looks more a state player. Needs to stop trying to work everything through leg though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cullen Bailey showing grit and ability as a batsman....Pity Jamie Cox is still around as we might have a potential captain for SA showing his all round ability. Great to see this talented sportsman and quality person shoving it up the selectors.... Won the grand final for Glenelg last year and has followed up with runs in the Premier league and the Districtt 112 not out continues his good form. Go Bails!!!!!!

Cullen Bailey showing grit and ability as a batsman....Pity Jamie Cox is still around as we might have a potential captain for SA showing his all round ability. Great to see this talented sportsman and quality person shoving it up the selectors.... Won the grand final for Glenelg last year and has followed up with runs in the Premier league and the Districtt 112 not out continues his good form. Go Bails!!!!!!

A sad indictment on some of the systems in place - good luck to him if ever someone was done over by hype and muppets meddling he and Dan Cullen are your poster boys.

A sad indictment on some of the systems in place - good luck to him if ever someone was done over by hype and muppets meddling he and Dan Cullen are your poster boys.

Cullen Bailey would have been a good spinner if he got the protection on the international scene that we thought MacGill and Hogg would provide

Have to agree with those sentiments. When Terry Jenner was with both spinners they had good years in State games a as young talent. They never got the confidence of captains in particular as the batsmen did not score enough runs.As a consequence they were always banished from attacks early if a couple of fours were hit instead of perservering. In later years Berry and Botha have praised the batting and bowling of Bailey but I guess Cox has all the say. Pity some of the selectors did not attend any of the Glenelg games last year (especially a standout grand final) where Bailey excelled. Such a waste of talent from a quality young man. Should be captaining the Redbacks now in their sorry state of affairs.

Bailey just ok I reckon. Gets belted by good players. Too slow through the air unfortunately. Not enough tricks. Accurate enough to do well in grade cricket though.

Dan Cullen was the one. Had a bumper Shield season then faded dramatically. Was measured at the CoE and had the lowest revs of any spinner in Australia. Lost the ability to spin the ball. Too much tinkering with his action. Obsesses over it.

Is there room to fit Kelvin Smith back into the side? Maybe Phil Hughes will get a callup to the test side, but we need to pump games into him. The batting has been good but in terms of the future I'd like to see Kelvin have a real shot now.

Kelvin Smith will probably have to wait until after christmas for more matches, if Hughes and co are playing ODI it will open a spot or two. The only way that it could happen before would be to possibly drop Ludeman and give Head the gloves, but I would be entirely against that. The match this Friday against Victoria will be interesting as the pitch may actually offer something. I reckon Lawford will come in for Mennie this week or possibly Zampa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back