BBL match 36 Melbourne Renegades v Melbourne Stars 1900hrs @ Docklands Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we supposed to call Stoinis a superstar in the Stars line up for a guy that comes in at 5 plods at around a run-a-ball for his 20 odd runs and bowls his 1-2 overs a game of non-threatening medium pacers?

His bowling on tonights deck was just basically in the hitting zone of the batsman. Non threatening, medium pacers were easily nudged for singles. I just sense that him playing for an IPL team called Lucknow, a ground which traditionally favours bowlers- may have 'inflated' his worth in T20 circuits and wherever he gets gigs around the world.

Aside from the Adelaide game this season, Stoinis with the bat 66 runs off 74 balls in 8 BBL games. That is woeful return for the supposedly 2nd best player on the team.

Are we supposed to call Stoinis a superstar in the Stars line up for a guy that comes in at 5 plods at around a run-a-ball for his 20 odd runs and bowls his 1-2 overs a game of non-threatening medium pacers?

His bowling on tonights deck was just basically in the hitting zone of the batsman. Non threatening, medium pacers were easily nudged for singles. I just sense that him playing for an IPL team called Lucknow, a ground which traditionally favours bowlers- may have 'inflated' his worth in T20 circuits and wherever he gets gigs around the world.

Aside from the Adelaide game this season, Stoinis with the bat 66 runs off 74 balls in 8 BBL games. That is woeful return for the supposedly 2nd best player on the team.
Damning of both Stoinis and the Strikers.

That would see the Strikers qualify for the finals, the Stars out of the finals race and Stoinis taking his rig to South Africa earlier.

As long as Stoinis promises to stay on SA for good we all win.

I don't know what led to to the Zampa trade (ie. whether Zampa wanted it) - but christ it was the wrong decision if you're looking at keeping 2 of Maxwell, Stoinis and Zampa.

I don't know what led to to the Zampa trade (ie. whether Zampa wanted it) - but christ it was the wrong decision if you're looking at keeping 2 of Maxwell, Stoinis and Zampa.

Getting rid of Stoinis was the obvious thing to do. The Heat and Chris Lynn needed to part ways 2 years ago and did, the Stars and Stoinis reached that point and the end of last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting rid of Stoinis was the obvious thing to do. The Heat and Chris Lynn needed to part ways 2 years ago and did, the Stars and Stoinis reached that point and the end of last season.
if the Stars dont make it this season, you sense it would be best for Stoinis and Stars to go their own ways.

Most likely team? Hobart and outside chance Renegades. Thunder also an outside chance. Agree with a fellow poster maybe Hobart might not be Stoins cup of tea.

Pretty sure his hometown team , Perth wouldnt take him right now if offered to him. If he was to play, he wouldnt be part of the top 6 players there (on the combined higher salary)

Good batting by Marsh, only a small contribution but Wells did his job to hang around with him until the end.

I thought at times the Renegades were going to throw that run chase.

Felt like Finch couldn't get himself out quick enough.

and crazily (if you're going off the stats), they 'won' the trade with Zampa vs Harper OR it's more like a net zero

if the Stars dont make it this season, you sense it would be best for Stoinis and Stars to go their own ways.

Most likely team? Hobart and outside chance Renegades. Thunder also an outside chance. Agree with a fellow poster maybe Hobart might not be Stoins cup of tea.

Pretty sure his hometown team , Perth wouldnt take him right now if offered to him. If he was to play, he wouldnt be part of the top 6 players there (on the combined higher salary)

I can see him playing in the SA20 from the get go next season.

and crazily (if you're going off the stats), they 'won' the trade with Zampa vs Harper OR it's more like a net zero

I don't think Zampa gives a * at all. Always takes a couple of weeks off during the big bash. It's not like he plays tests and needs the break FFS. Maybe he has some sort of private family issue that requires the leave but with the amount of $$$ he would be on, the relative lack of return, it is no wonder he gets churned through the big bash teams.

Back