BBL Game 18 Melbourne Renegades v Adelaide Strikers 1845hrs @ Docklands Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dizzy looked far from happy during the Gades innings and he didn't look happy when the game ended. The Melbourne sides and their conglomerate of spuds have won a combined 3 of 4 games this week.

Should've been 4/4 too. I don't think either the Stars or Gades are that bad, they just do dumb things more often.

Happy for it to be once, but when you decide to take the field again you shouldn't be able to retire a 2nd time particularly with wickets in hand

Retired hurt or retired out wouldn’t have made any difference in that situation, but a player could feel ok, come back out and retweak something.

Really shows how much of an incompetent boys club some of these clubs are. The sooner we f*** off list cloggers like Wells and Manenti the better, give some district talent a chance like Brown and Chaudhary. It's worse than the a league merry go round.

Really shows how much of an incompetent boys club some of these clubs are. The sooner we f*** off list cloggers like Wells and Manenti the better, give some district talent a chance like Brown and Chaudhary. It's worse than the a league merry go round.

This is the problem with trying to fit 8 teams into a 6 state country, the lists are all full of cloggers who shouldn’t be playing.

But the whole issue was the state comp was dominated by Victoria and they couldn’t let that continue, but got no issue the BBL being a 2 team comp every single season with 6 teams full of nobodies swapping spots each year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gillespie gets Adelaide to a bottom 2 , does he get the coaching gig for BBL 14?

Adelaide finished 7th in BBL 12, last season.

I think he has to many friends there to be cut. He doesn't deserve another year.

I bet he will say we are showing glimpses and playing well in patches but not consistently enough in the key moments. He says that after every Redbacks and Strikers loss.

Should've been 4/4 too. I don't think either the Stars or Gades are that bad, they just do dumb things more often.

I think there's also something to the idea that winning breeds winning, and how breaking through for the first win can help a team get on a roll

Gades have had a few close losses this season, but an early win may have seen us with another couple of wins, and sitting with 3 wins, 2 losses & 1 NR, which looks better than 4 losses from our 6 matches

I also don't mind the captain on the sidelines - this is Maddinsons third season as captain and without looking at stats, I feel like we've lost more games with him out there compared with when he's on the sidelines and we've been captained by Finch or Sutherland

I would love to see a permanent change in our captaincy

I think there's also something to the idea that winning breeds winning, and how breaking through for the first win can help a team get on a roll

Gades have had a few close losses this season, but an early win may have seen us with another couple of wins, and sitting with 3 wins, 2 losses & 1 NR, which looks better than 4 losses from our 6 matches

I also don't mind the captain on the sidelines - this is Maddinsons third season as captain and without looking at stats, I feel like we've lost more games with him out there compared with when he's on the sidelines and we've been captained by Finch or Sutherland

Maddinson seems as cooked as Weatherald in this format

I personally think the Renegades would improve overnight with no Finch/Maddinson (as seen tonight) and Sutherland at 4/5 and a 6th bowling option to share 4 overs with Sutherland. Sutherland should be captain from now on.

Why bother? If the Stars bat first, Maxwell and Cartwright will get them to a record score.

Nah, Sam Harper (the one averaging 5.4 for the season who happened to hit a 150 in a Shield game on the same oval a month ago) will likely be the one to punish us.

Nah, Sam Harper (the one averaging 5.4 for the season who happened to hit a 150 in a Shield game on the same oval a month ago) will likely be the one to punish us.

As a Gades fan, I'd happily suggest that Harper had been the biggest tease on our list over recent seasons & I wasn't totally upset with him moving back to the Stars

He always seemed to be that almost player, and what we've seen JFM do this season is what we seemed to hope we'd see from Harper but it didn't really happen on anywhere near a consistent enough basis

Don't forget Stoinos - this is set up for his 1 good game per year!!!

True, he did punish us last year from memory. I couldn't care less if Maxwell comes out and hits 100, blokes a jet but it stings when it's a Stoinis/Harper type.

As a Gades fan, I'd happily suggest that Harper had been the biggest tease on our list over recent seasons & I wasn't totally upset with him moving back to the Stars

He always seemed to be that almost player, and what we've seen JFM do this season is what we seemed to hope we'd see from Harper but it didn't really happen on anywhere near a consistent enough basis

JFM is streets ahead of Harper in terms of talent, think this is just the beginning for him.

Back