BBL Match 26 Melbourne Renegades v Hobart Hurricanes 1845hrs @ Docklands Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the Hobart schedule, if it somehow was an abandoned match up in Brisbane, that wouldnt be too bad a point to take away given their remaining 3 fixtures.

Be lucky to win more than 2. They ain’t beating the Heat, doubtful beating Stars. Are they winning both against Adelaide?

Be lucky to win more than 2. They ain’t beating the Heat, doubtful beating Stars. Are they winning both against Adelaide?

On form you would say yes. Heat are favourites sure. Melbourne Stars at the MCG to make the finals with all stakes to play for, we know how Stars have performed in the past when pressure has got to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t been listening to commentary tonight, I’ve got the wrestling on.

Have they mentioned the conditions at all? I considered going tonight but feared this would be one of disgustingly humid nights under the roof.

It was warm, and could feel the humidity at times, but I think it was worse for the players in the middle than those of us in the crowd

It also seemed to cool down during the second innings

And its official: Melbourne Renegades are officially the first team that cant win BBL13.

Good

Can we play some youngsters in our remaining matches - we saw how O'Neill went on debut tonight, so why not back them in, especially with our season over

Good

Can we play some youngsters in our remaining matches - we saw how O'Neill went on debut tonight, so why not back them in, especially with our season over

who's left to pick? only dixon left to play

Did not really impose as much as the Gades would have liked.
For a player of his price tag, his body language, whenever he spoke on the mic, his commitment to the team was poor. Im struggling to think how you can justify his price tag hearing a figure of $500k for him for this season alone which is a joke.

A 45 year old Chris Gayle would have shown more commitment and better attitude than him.

The reality is there are too many oldies in that Gades lineup: Finch, Maddinson (out of form), Shaun Marsh, Peter Siddle, Jono Wells. I reckon the Gades need to bite the bullet and get rid of all of them to do better next season. The fact that they get a choice to retire , says a bit all about their culture.

If your going to blood youngsters, now is the time with the season over. At least try something for next season.

And David Saker right up there with Dizzy Gillespie with coaches in the firing line. I generally dont think he had great tactical awareness, did Saker.

The reality is there are too many oldies in that Gades lineup: Finch, Maddinson (out of form), Shaun Marsh, Peter Siddle, Jono Wells.

If your going to blood youngsters, now is the time with the season over. At least try something for next season.
Jono Wells aren't losing his spot. Been possibly their best batsman other than JFM

And the fact that the Gades try to market Nathan Lyon as part of their squad (another oldie) but never got to play a game when it mattered was a bit cringey. Think if they really were going to get that marketing going, he should have played in the first game when Steve Smith played.

In reality, none of the test players were ever going to change the fortunes of the team.

Back