BBL Match 23 Melbourne Stars v Melbourne Renegades 1845hrs @ the MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Stars really aren't that bad. Pretty strong batting line-up and not the worst bowling attack getting around (still not great, but serviceable enough). This could very well be the season they finally win a title if they catch the Scorchers or Heat on an off night.

I know he's a whipping boy around here but NCN would be a handy if he was fit (big if), still a good bowler. Think we can lock in the top 4 if they win this.

The Stars really aren't that bad. Pretty strong batting line-up and not the worst bowling attack getting around (still not great, but serviceable enough). This could very well be the season they finally win a title if they catch the Scorchers or Heat on an off night.

Will depend on who they get for their final spot, can Australia get someone else to run drinks and does Imad play all games?

Heat are overrated, they’ve beaten the Gades and Thunder twice whilst the Stars had to play them before their internationals were all released and the only game the Heat had with their test players.

I dont see the need for the Stars to go hung ho and chase this inside 5 overs or whatever. They are already way down on NRR. In a shortened season it will be hard to make back that NRR too.

Just need to concentrate on the W tonight. It could mean it might be a bit of an ugly Stars chase.
You still want to get it quickly. A big loss for their rivals makes it important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Hey kids, let me tell you about how I proposed to ya mum when we went to watch melbourne green vs melbourne red on a Tuesday night"

I had the exact same first thought as the Fox commentators - what was old mate going to do with his proposal if this was washed out?

He must've been shitting bricks 3 hours ago!

Back