Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

So who will be the better player. Kelvin Smith or Travis Head?

Both pretty good prospects from what I have seen.

I have no real issues with Head's failure to convert just yet. Once he manages to do so the tons will come.

Going to be a very good player for Australia and possibly be Test Captain.

Both pretty good prospects from what I have seen.

I have no real issues with Head's failure to convert just yet. Once he manages to do so the tons will come.

Going to be a very good player for Australia and possibly be Test Captain.
My only concern is that he plays for the redbacks.

I mean developmentally, SACA aren't flush with test players.

Any idea if the Premier League will continue after this season? Given the review of the grade cricket and the likely merger of Prospect and Uni?

Any idea if the Premier League will continue after this season? Given the review of the grade cricket and the likely merger of Prospect and Uni?

Think it will be cut if there is a merger. Reading between the lines it may have been used to force grade clubs hand to reduce the number of teams.

Ferguson is serious form, even if it is in the SACA Premier League. three tons. Hopefully a big season for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently players are happier with the format of the SACA PL this year, not sure about Nielsen and co. Guess they'll see how their Matador Cup goes before they decide on the future.

No clashes with grade cricket helps I think.

Will be interested to see how the next couple of weekends go. Always seemed to lose a bit of zest after the full Redbacks one day squad disappeared, plus they start freshening people up for Shield games, other players pick up a few niggles and sit out. Last season quite a few B/C Graders were drafted in to fill spots in the last couple of rounds. Great experience for these kids but it means that the standard overall slips significantly. Performances from the better players becomes almost meaningless.

Predicting our first Shield team

1. Cosgrove
2. K Smith (hopefully not Raphael)
3. Ferguson
4. Head
5. Cooper
6. Ross (Smith bats at 6 if Raphael is preferred as an opener and Ross carries the drinks)
7. Ludeman (or anyone else that owns keeping gear)
8. Zampa
9. Mennie (hopefully Putland if fit)
10. Richardson
11. Sayers

Not sure if Cosgrove will play as apparently there are mandatory fitness requirements. Would be typical SACA to make way for Cosgrove by getting rid of Botha and Klinger only not to play him.
Apparently Cossie has shred a fair few kgs.

Predicting our first Shield team

1. Cosgrove
2. K Smith (hopefully not Raphael)
3. Ferguson
4. Head
5. Cooper
6. Ross (Smith bats at 6 if Raphael is preferred as an opener and Ross carries the drinks)
7. Ludeman (or anyone else that owns keeping gear)
8. Zampa
9. Mennie (hopefully Putland if fit)
10. Richardson
11. Sayers
I would be playing 2 spinners and finding a way to fit Gregory in at 6/7 and dropping Mennie tbh.

I would be playing 2 spinners and finding a way to fit Gregory in at 6/7 and dropping Mennie tbh.

Extremely long tail with Ludeman and Gregory at 6 and 7. Gregory was hopeless in the Matador cup so I can't see any point playing him against an Australian bowling lineup

Extremely long tail with Ludeman and Gregory at 6 and 7. Gregory was hopeless in the Matador cup so I can't see any point playing him against an Australian bowling lineup
You do, but he's one of the more promising talents at SA. I think he can make it as a FC cricketer and you should be pumping games into him at the moment IMO. Even if it's against O'Keefe, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Lyon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back