Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, just to be clear, which three?

There's a hell of a lot of cash on the table for the clubs that decide to merge.
West Torrens, Port Adelaide and Woodville. I know that Wt do not want to merge, and I doubt the others will either. SACA will have to get rid of one.

We (uni) received written confirmation from the SACA this week stating that we are safe from any merger or fold. Makes sense too given on field we're reasonable now and off field we're more secure than most. SACA have 100 problems and we're not one, so merging us doesn't relieve them of a problem. I suspect most of the financially secure and/or geographically important clubs received a similar letter or will soon. Will be interesting to see what happens with junior zones - could they be on the way out?

I suspect that's where the merger will come from; what solves more problems for SACA. All those three have logical reasons to keep and merge

WT: history/age/relative strength all good but finances/club rooms iffy
PA: success been ok and probably slightly better geographically than the other two but... They're port adelaide.
Woodville: good fields especially with the new st Clair oval for the 3s and 4s as well as ok success but location could kill them.

I think the logical merge financially speaking is WT/PA. But geographically that makes no sense really. Feel like Woodville will be forced into it on that basis alone - with whichever one of the other two jumps first for $$$$. If neither do, I think it'll be Woodville and Port.

Would be hard pressed to go with anything other than Mennie-Sayers-Worrall-Zampa as our attack after the last two games.

Think we'd want to play one more batter. Head is a bit loose to bat that high in four day cricket I reckon

Loving that last paragraph

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta wonder if that could be it for Ferg. Might have completely blown a chance for any sort of international callup. Really disappointing

Feel for Fergie after coming off a good season last year & a blistering start this season. Hopefully he'll come back bigger & better in late 2016.

Really hope this doesn't ruin the Redbacks' Shield momentum, makes me hate the BBBL even more!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back