Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but you'd have to play for, well, England *shudder*

Would rather take my chances in Australia.
Generally these blokes aren't going to play International cricket. 18 Counties in England v 6 in Australia - simple maths. Sam Robson is pretty limited as a batsman, he'll do ok in England but not sure outside that. Cosgrove surely has run his race in Australian cricket.

You will probably call me mad, but I wouldn't want him here.

Edit: Unless he captains, that's a different story.
White>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ferguson, Cooper>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cosgrove. Would be easily SA's best batsman.

White>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ferguson, Cooper>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cosgrove. Would be easily SA's best batsman.

But he's been dropped by the Victorian side on form? I think on current form i'd have Ferguson and Cooper ahead of him.

But he's been dropped by the Victorian side on form? I think on current form i'd have Ferguson and Cooper ahead of him.
Nope. Purely political.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but in no way shape or form is White a better first class player than Cooper or Ferguson. Yes I'd have him for leadership purposes given our circumstances.
By the sounds we might lose Cooper, which I'm not very happy about because I would prefer him to Cosgrove by a huge amount. But if it happens, White would be an ok replacement.

I just hope it's not at the expense of Cooper.
I don't think White for Cooper will make that much of a difference though. Won't gain much, won't lose much in that scenario. I also rate White a lot more in shorter forms and a move to the Redbacks might help lure him in to the Strikers as well.

I'm sorry but in no way shape or form is White a better first class player than Cooper or Ferguson. Yes I'd have him for leadership purposes given our circumstances.
By the sounds we might lose Cooper, which I'm not very happy about because I would prefer him to Cosgrove by a huge amount. But if it happens, White would be an ok replacement.
Apart from better average than both, have more tons than they do combined, better leader, better bowler, better fielder, better conversion rate and isn't a massive choker. This is Ferguson and Cooper's record combined in comparison to White's:

SA combo: 138 matches, 8941 runs @ 39.04, 16 centuries, 53 fifties, conversion rate of 23%, high score of 203* (Cooper), 83 catches.
White: 144 matches, 8655 runs @ 40.06, 18 centuries, 42 fifties, conversion rate of 30%, high score of 260*, 160 catches.

So apart from every single area, you're correct.

Apart from better average than both, have more tons than they do combined, better leader, better bowler, better fielder, better conversion rate and isn't a massive choker. This is Ferguson and Cooper's record combined in comparison to White's:

SA combo: 138 matches, 8941 runs @ 39.04, 16 centuries, 53 fifties, conversion rate of 23%, high score of 203* (Cooper), 83 catches.
White: 144 matches, 8655 runs @ 40.06, 18 centuries, 42 fifties, conversion rate of 30%, high score of 260*, 160 catches.

So apart from every single area, you're correct.
Those stats don't take into account recent performances. I dont have the stats but over the past three seasons Ferguson and Cooper are far better players than White.

Those stats don't take into account recent performances. I dont have the stats but over the past three seasons Ferguson and Cooper are far better players than White.
Past three seasons? My god, they started the season well, but White's been Victoria's best player since the back end of 2012. You're kidding yourself if you think they've been far better.

Ferguson for the 2012/13 and 13/14 season had 1204 runs @ 46.3
Cooper wasn't even on the top run scorers list in the 2012/13 season. Even Jason Krejza made more runs than him.
White in that time had 1185 runs @ 40.9.

So you're wrong. Again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back