Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

"With Chris Lynn not expected to take further part in the match due to hamstring soreness" - there's the reason.

Just need 6 wickets in the last session then.

I will edit my post above, we're now 3 & 16 from 50 starts

Amazing stat really, if there's a cricket comp in Australia, we'll come last 32% of the time! Out of at least six teams!!!

EDIT: In the last 20 seasons, we've won the Shield once (1) and come last ten (10) times.

Great job guys, great job.

Smells like the AFC Boardroom of recent times. Does that mean we need Boof to come in and clean the joint out?

Last edited:
Feel sorry for Chuck, who in their right mind would take the gig after this ??

You'd most certainly have to be stupid.
Chuck was willing to do the honourable thing & see out his contract. The same can't be said for the SACA. They're a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been long suffering followers. It needs to be stopped.
Well, Dizzy's in the hot seat now, and it will only work if the ******* SACA stands back and counts their SA footy money and leaves him to it.

He dragged Yorkshire out of the s**t. He should be able to drag SA out of the s**t ... if they let him.

Well, Dizzy's in the hot seat now, and it will only work if the ******* SACA stands back and counts their SA footy money and leaves him to it.

He dragged Yorkshire out of the s**t. He should be able to drag SA out of the s**t ... if they let him.

IF.

I attended the SACA Members Forum tonight. They seem confident of getting Jason Gillespie as Strikers coach. Less likely as Redbacks coach.

They got Gillespie as Strikers coach only - and only for two years, and only in the English off season as he's staying in the Yorkshire job and already talking about taking his Strikers experience back to England to improve Yorkshire.

I wonder, did they offer him all those concessions because they leaked his name early and he turned them down, or did they do it because he turned them down and nobody else wanted the job? What a rabble.

What concessions? Twenty20 is Dec-Jan

The players don't even assemble until late November. They are in their state systems prior to that. Overseas players arrive just before the competition starts.

There is literally nothing to do from Feb-Oct for the coach. Coaches in the BBL are short term, impact positions.

It's great that we can get ourselves an internationally renowned coach for it.

Would have been great if it was a Redbacks-Strikers double but not to be. Maybe this is a stepping stone towards it.

Theres almost no chance of him doing the Redbacks job, I reckon he has been earmarked for bigger things than that already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back