Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

0/37 chasing 144 for outright victory... :/
tumblr_m230p6Zl931qfrrv2o1_500.png
30d831d457136d6991076ff329f01673.jpg

I swear we must be some of the few people that actually care about how these guys go though!
The crowds are small but apparently the Cricket Australia live scores thing and streaming gets a heap of traffic. Still plenty of interest in Shield cricket even though the live crowds/television audience isn't there.

The crowds are small but apparently the Cricket Australia live scores thing and streaming gets a heap of traffic. Still plenty of interest in Shield cricket even though the live crowds/television audience isn't there.
I can't believe they live stream the matches for free.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Please don't rain. Or play like the old Redbacks for the next hour of play. Would we go top if we win? I haven't really analyzed the points system since they changed it.
I just had a look and if my calculations are correct we should both get the same amount of bonus points from the match therefore still be second on the ladder and. 7 behind the Vics.
I might be wrong though as the system is a bit unclear.

Great win! Hopefully we can continue this form after the break.
Looks like I was write about my calculations as we are still 0.7 behind.

We've completely ballsed up the back end of the season a couple of times.

A couple of seasons ago we were talking home finals at this stage and trying to shift the date of the Shield final to avoid a Rolling Stones concert at Adelaide Oval. Then didn't win another game and finished bottom.

It must be hard for players to adjust after the T20. It is such an adrenaline fuelled game - big crowds, on tv, fours and sixes, quick paced and under lights. To then go back to the relatively slow pace of Shield cricket where patience, concentration and consistency are the keys it's difficult to recalibrate. Mind you, the other states seemed to adjust much better than us.

Let's hope the break doesn't lose what we've built up here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weve been in a similar position a couple times pre Xmas in recent years only to fall apart after the BBL.

There seems a bit more resolve about them this year, and a touch more depth.

Weve been in a similar position a couple times pre Xmas in recent years only to fall apart after the BBL.

There seems a bit more resolve about them this year, and a touch more depth.
Not so sure about depth, but we have an even spread. Cooper, Ferg, Head, Lehmann all have tons, Cossie and Ross both have a handful of 50s. Sayers, Richo, Worrall, Mennie, Putland and Zampa all have wickets, and we have a back up spinner if necessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back