State Redbacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of curiosity when was the last time Head or Carey played in a winning Shield match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is the commentator on the live stream?

The one with the accent is Henry Olonga. Not sure I've been too impressed by him from what I've heard, said Qld lacked a quality spinner the other day, if Swepson isn't in that frame I'm not sure who is.

State players barely play grade cricket anymore. Just the Nielsen and Co deflecting from their own incompetence.
The level of competion at grade level certainly doesn’t help. No one was strong enough to get rid of any grade sides so we’re in a worse off position than we were before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe make a play for someone like Bryce Street and potentially Kurtis Patterson?

Both have fallen out of favour at their respective states and could maybe strengthen the batting lineup if they can improve their recent form.

State players barely play grade cricket anymore. Just the Nielsen and Co deflecting from their own incompetence.

I think it's over played a bit.

I'd happily see a reshaping of Districts Cricket but there is enough second eleven Cricket to prepare our players.

I think the issue is more our elite talent pathways, for the real top players.

Last edited:
I'll expect Dizzy to come out and see we are not far away, showing some good signs, just need to play the key moments better.

Tim Neilsen, Cosgrove and Dizzy should all be moved on at seasons end.

Back to the bottom of the table to go with the one day spoon earlier this week.
Yes, disappointing. We were in 3rd spot before Christmas, ahead of Victoria, NSW and Qld, showing some signs of improvement, but now we're back in our rightful place on the bottom, a position we have owned for the past 3 decades.

There we were, halfway into Day 2, leading by around 170 runs with 7 wickets in the bank, two batsmen cruising in a 119 run partnership, and then Carey decides he had a bus to catch. 24 hours later, we are beaten comfortably by 7 wickets.

Dizzy, I know you're the coach, and it's your job to say you can see improvement, but sorry mate, there is none. We're possibly a bigger rabble now than at any time in the past. When they announced the squad of 13, not only was I disappointed to find Kelly not included, but they managed to squeeze Carder into it. Carder!!!! A man who has turned failure into an art form. How about laying off the booze at the selection table huh?

I'll expect Dizzy to come out and see we are not far away, showing some good signs, just need to play the key moments better.

Tim Neilsen, Cosgrove and Dizzy should all be moved on at seasons end.
Yep, I don't know who to suggest, but we really need to steer clear from the South Australian connection and bring in some new directions.

Yes, disappointing. We were in 3rd spot before Christmas, ahead of Victoria, NSW and Qld, showing some signs of improvement, but now we're back in our rightful place on the bottom, a position we have owned for the past 3 decades.

There we were, halfway into Day 2, leading by around 170 runs with 7 wickets in the bank, two batsmen cruising in a 119 run partnership, and then Carey decides he had a bus to catch. 24 hours later, we are beaten comfortably by 7 wickets.

Dizzy, I know you're the coach, and it's your job to say you can see improvement, but sorry mate, there is none. We're possibly a bigger rabble now than at any time in the past. When they announced the squad of 13, not only was I disappointed to find Kelly not included, but they managed to squeeze Carder into it. Carder!!!! A man who has turned failure into an art form. How about laying off the booze at the selection table huh?
Rumour has it that he has a bit too much of it.

So endeth the great Fraser-McGurk experiment. He's not even good enough to be in the Redbacks team, and that's saying something. Take out that 101 he slogged against Victoria with his eyes closed and the rest of the season has seen 178 runs @ 16.18 with a top score of 37. And people want him to go to NZ with the Australian team. Good, then go, and allow Kelly to come back into the Redbacks team.

And after a promising start to the season, McSweeney has turned to crap as well. His past 9 innings, 127 runs @ 14.11, top score 36.

and this is why there were no tears when he left Victoria. The bloke has a head like a boarding house pudding as the old saying goaes.

Is it just me or does Lehmann always sneak in a 50 (or 2 in this case) in the last game of the season to further tease into next season?

I was thinking the same thing. Really after so long we should of moved on from him and definitely not had him as Captain. Far too much Redbacks baggage.

He will be 32 at the start of next season, I think the tease is over.

I can guarantee you he will be after a job at the SACA once his career is over. The same with Harry Neilsen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back